Sign in to follow this  
Redman

Reidy

Shame, one last season of a fit Reid would have been quality. Very hard to replace his quality on the ball...

Gone and retired from football........

I saw him in five guys in town a couple of weeks ago. There was no way he was coming back.

Great player with undoubted talent but I suspect he has a few demons

Ah well. Good to get him off the wage bill. I'm pretty indifferent toward Andy Reid and certainly don't have this demigod adulation for him like many seem to.

We don't see players of his quality often. It was inevitable I suppose but it still feels like a poke in the eye.

You can't help but feel he could have made so much more of his talent. Decent player but given how he's barely featured these past 2 years he won't be missed.

Thank god for that. It's players like Reid that are why we're in the financial state we're in. Players on massive money sat injured or exiled.

I suspect that he knew a long time ago that he'd never be back but 'tried to' so he could carry on bringing in that 25k a week.

People going on like we've lost the best player in the clubs history. He couldn't wait to move to Tottenham which is fair enough and I don't begrudge him that but he only came back when he had no other options. He turned us down to go to Sheffield United and Blackpool.

I still don't think he was injured theres a lot more at play here. He was on the pitch against Derby and then when there was a dead ball he just walked off the pitch. Nothing happened, he wasn't tackled or running he just left the field. Even if he was injured he wasnt helping himself by getting so fat. Britt or Cohen didn't come back looking like that so there's no reason he should.

Sad to read this thread. Great player, great lad, great ambassador and, fundamentally, he gave a shit. Which, in an age where I lose a little bit more love for football every year, I'll take thanks. I don't care how much it costs.

Our best player in that position since Robbo, no doubt about that but I believe there was more than just a mystery groin injury that kept him out for most of the 14/15 season and all of last season. Obviously his weight was an issue too but why did he not make more effort to get fit last season if he really wanted too?

The latter aside, he'll be a player very hard to replace and we sure will miss his wand of a left foot as the last two seasons have proven.

Hopefully he will stay on as a coach but it's a shame you can't coach quality.

Proper baller. Mint left peg. Will be missed. No matter what people's thoughts are about his social life with a bit of sniff, too many burgers or beers.. Top player who will be missed in any side.

Rather pay Traore than that dirty lead swinging Irish ****

Really? What the fuck you got against him that's so bad. Best player we've had for years

Really? What the fuck you got against him that's so bad. Best player we've had for years

I just don't get the fondness that everyone has for him despite the fact there is nothing physically wrong with him for the last two years apart from the fact he is so unprofessional

Most people would give their left bollock to have his talent and play for Forest yet he gave so less of a shit about the fans that he pissed it up the wall, ate way to much, got stuck into the Jimmy Cliff if rumours are to be believed and still drew his salary. Years and years of wasted talent because his attitude to be professional stunk.

He is another gazza and will be on his arse in no time watch and see

Seen some ludicrous calls for a testimonial. Testimonials are for loyal players who have played 10 seasons consecutively for one club are they not? He fucked off, not that I blame him, so would be stupid to give him one.

Rather pay Traore than that dirty lead swinging Irish ****

Unless he's turned over a new leaf it looks like Traore is another lad who likes time on the sidelines for mystery reasons. He looks more of a Wilson than a Reid though.

Might not be mysterious reasons Charlie - easiest bunce in the world. You can get paid a mint even if you're shining a seat with your arse.

Might not be mysterious reasons Charlie - easiest bunce in the world. You can get paid a mint even if you're shining a seat with your arse.

If you've got enough natural ability it seems clubs are willing to overlook the fact that you're a complete wastrel just in case. It's the hope that kills ya...

http://www.newstalk.com/podcasts/Off_The_Ball/The_Off_the_Ball_Football_Show/154650/Given_and_Kilbane_on_captain_Robbie_Andy_Reid_on_Trap#

Andy Reid appeared on the off the ball show (an Irish sports show) last night. Might be interesting to some of you.

He's in the last quarter of the show. Talks about his injury, the circumstances around him leaving the club this summer and also talks of joining Forest as a teenager, joining us ahead of Arsenal and Man U.

Does he mention that there's a 95% chance he knew about 18 months ago that he was finished but needed to 'keep trying' so that the 25k a week would keep coming in?

Talented but really he seemed to spend a good portion of his career looking fat and lazy for a professional athlete.