Sign in to follow this  
Dane B

2016/17 Season Expectations, Fears, Predictions.

I just had a quick look and couldn't believe the new season is just over 2 weeks away. With all of the uncertainty at the club, one would presume that the new season was still a way off, but no, it's just about with us again.

With any new season, all fans have their expectations, their fears, and all have their predictions, whether they be a tad optimistic based more on hope than reality, or there's a sense of doom and relegation is on the cards.

Worse case scenario for me is that Fawaz will still be in charge. I'm definitely in the NTAA camp, and fear relegation next season if he's still at the helm.

The new manager looks a positive appointment on paper, but I don't believe any manager could work with Fawaz.

Also, the lack of signings is a concern. You'd have thought that coming out of embargo we'd be raring to go, but it seems not. This is more than likely due to the uncertainty of the takeover bid, but I really did hope that we'd hit the ground running this season.

The other main concern is that we may have to play our first home game behind closed doors. I still haven't heard that this has been resolved. It does make you wonder if there is actually anyone in control at the club at the moment, and that is a worry so close to the start of the season.

So for me, as always I expect Forest to be top 6. I fear this won't happen if Fawaz is still in charge, and I'll make two predictions. Top eight if the Bubble is in charge, relegation battle if Fawaz remains in charge.

Between 12th & 18th for me. Not good enough for the play offs definitely not good enough for automatic promotion but too good to get relegated.

Anything above 12th would be an unexpected bonus.

NTAA? FFS

😂

Anyway, top half, but I'm praying we don't get a safety certificate in time purely for Fawaz based comedy value.

I'm going for 6th too, you don't have to be spectacular to achieve it, just consistent. I reckon Monty will make us hard to beat and with Britt rearing to go and hopefully Burke can start to fulfill his potential, who knows what we can achieve. We have a decent yet underachieving squad, positive attack minded tactics should see us top half at least.

Newcastle will walk it, Norwich, Sheffield Wednesday, Derby and Villa will be there abouts. With our current squad I'd say somewhere around 8th to 10th. One or two decent signings and luck with injuries and we might make the playoffs. If Britt gets injured then I can't see where the goals will come from so hopefully we're on the lookout for another striker.

Can't see us challenging for promotion unless we find one or two leaders on the pitch. The last three season have all seen decent unbeaten runs immediately followed by long runs without a win. The first defeat and the team has fallen apart. That's gotta be a lack of character. We need 2 or 3 players that can lead through times of adversity.

No chance of play offs. There are too many squads that are stronger than ours. We literally know nothing about the players coming in too so I'm erring on the side of caution there.

11th for me.

I expect something like....

Forest start well going unbeaten in their first six games. Just a few days before the transfer window closes Assombalonga and Lansbury are sold, while a move for Jordan Rhodes collapses at the last minute, something to do with his medical but it's never made clear. A couple of talented kids arrive from Chelsea but spend all their time on the bench before going back in January.

Forest continue to hang around the top eight while Patterson is loaned to Birmingham and Mancienne is loaned to Norwich before joining them on a free at the end of the season. A journeyman forward and midfield clogger arrive on loan from somewhere like Barnsley or Rotherham. There are rumours the takeover is complete but nothing is confirmed.

Forest hit a bad run in November, go 12 games without a win and the manager is sacked. Andy Reid and a French bloke, who nobody really knows who he is, take over. They beat Newcastle in their first match in charge but fail to win another game as Forest drop into the bottom six. It's revealed Pereira walked out months ago but nobody bothered to mention it.

Neil Warnock takes over in late March and Forest grind out the results needed to climb out of trouble. The highlight of the Warnock era is a 1-0 win over Derby, loan signing Michael Brown hitting the winner while Paddy Kenny saves a penalty on his debut. Forest finish 17th. Warnock is offered a contract for next season but turns it down in mysterious circumstances.

Owen Coyle, recently sacked by relegated Blackburn, is appointed manager. There are rumours the takeover has fallen through but nothing is confirmed.

Anyway, only two weeks to go now. Looking forward to it :thumbsup_still:

Edited by Art Vandelay

Ha ha very good but scarily you could easy see it happen although looking Keeny has played 3 times in 3 years so might be better to aim for someone like Camp the prodigal son

7th for me. No fecking idea why that number of all of them.

Maintaining some form of consistency from one game to the next will be progress for me.

Mind you in all fairness I'm sure I'll be inconsistent from one game to the next. . Some losses I'll be "don't worry just a blip" and others I'll be calling for heads to roll. I'm a fickle bugger but this club does that to you Just putting that out there to save you the bother of having to type "but you said.."

Newcastle to piss it, Norwich to be playoffs and Villa only top half.

As for Forest, I think keeping Britt fit is key as has been said. If we do then there's no reason we can't be knocking on the door of the top six. Anyone know what's happening with Fryatt? How can someone be injured for so long without anyone really know what happened to him?

Newcastle to piss it, Norwich to be playoffs and Villa only top half.

As for Forest, I think keeping Britt fit is key as has been said. If we do then there's no reason we can't be knocking on the door of the top six. Anyone know what's happening with Fryatt? How can someone be injured for so long without anyone really know what happened to him?

only has a year left on his contract so at least we don't be worrying about him next year! Don't think he kicked a ball last season?

Forest start well going unbeaten in their first six games. Just a few days before the transfer window closes Assombalonga and Lansbury are sold, while a move for Jordan Rhodes collapses at the last minute, something to do with his medical but it's never made clear. A couple of talented kids arrive from Chelsea but spend all their time on the bench before going back in January.

Forest continue to hang around the top eight while Patterson is loaned to Birmingham and Mancienne is loaned to Norwich before joining them on a free at the end of the season. A journeyman forward and midfield clogger arrive on loan from somewhere like Barnsley or Rotherham. There are rumours the takeover is complete but nothing is confirmed.

Forest hit a bad run in November, go 12 games without a win and the manager is sacked. Andy Reid and a French bloke, who nobody really knows who he is, take over. They beat Newcastle in their first match in charge but fail to win another game as Forest drop into the bottom six. It's revealed Pereira walked out months ago but nobody bothered to mention it.

Neil Warnock takes over in late March and Forest grind out the results needed to climb out of trouble. The highlight of the Warnock era is a 1-0 win over Derby, loan signing Michael Brown hitting the winner while Paddy Kenny saves a penalty on his debut. Forest finish 17th. Warnock is offered a contract for next season but turns it down in mysterious circumstances.

Owen Coyle, recently sacked by relegated Blackburn, is appointed manager. There are rumours the takeover has fallen through but nothing is confirmed.

The worrying thing is that is a hell of a more likely than the alternative of harmony, good results and promotion. Does sound fun though.

Brilliant if it wasn't close to most years :sad02:

top 6 for me, I expect Henri who is on the last year of a contract to have his best year ever, very optimistic.