Redman

McGovern on new manager search and Steve Cotterill

For those not impressed with the O'Neill rumours, who exactly would impress you that is realistic?

If, like the club, I had a scouting team in Europe, I might be able to come up with a few names Savo. I just look at the MON appointment as another Fawaz bums on seats signings....and a 64 year old one at that. There must better, younger options out there.

As for those that may come here if offered, Pearson would top my list. He may be holding out for a Prem job, but let's face it, the three worst teams in the Prem have overlooked him....and one of them are relegated. Zola is out of work....... worth a shout?

Roberto di matteo is also out of work, knows the championship and knows how to get promoted. Plays attractive football too

Managers currently with clubs I would like to see here are Philip cocu and giovanni van bronkhurst

For those not impressed with the O'Neill rumours, who exactly would impress you that is realistic?

Whoever is happy to stand back & let Fawaz pick the team I suppose...

Whoever is happy to stand back & let Fawaz pick the team I suppose...

And have no money to spend on players......even if we are out of embargo.

I would like to see here are Philip cocu and giovanni van bronkhurst

Philip cocu? the guy who's taken PSV to the dizzy heights of the champs league this year? Your in dream land buddy! Iain Dowie is our level...

Could tell Cotterill is desperate for the job. He did say that he would have had us in the Prem if Fawaz had if spent his money while he was there. 😀👍

To elaborate... popped into my pals shop this morning, his old man has been friends with John Robertson for a number of years and has told him that Fawas has been in touch, Martin is considering having a crack at the Forest job after the euros. 3 year deal is on the table.

Martin mulling it over for the next week or so.

Ive stuck a few quid on this as Its 100% fact.

I see the post have either read what I put last week or found out the same as me!

Hope you put some money on it chaps.

I've not heard any more since this but will try and find out some more this weekend

I see the post have either read what I put last week or found out the same as me!

Hope you put some money on it chaps.

I've not heard any more since this but will try and find out some more this weekend

I'd be amazed if he decides working for Fawaz is a good idea. Would love to see it though.

Martin O'Neill has in the past verbally accepted the position and changed his mind, so until he signs the contract I'd be sceptical over his appointment.

Art - I spoke to the good friend regarding the appointment of Glenn Hoddle. He did apply in 2000 (thought it would be 1999 or 2001 after appointment and dismissal of David Platt), but was never considered or shortlisted as a candidate.

Thought that about Cotterill as well. I burst out laughing when he said he'd definitely get the team promoted. Every opportunity to speak it sounded like he was in a tescos job interview.

Edited by molymoly

Rumours abound that the new manager will be announced today.

My money is on Pearson.

I want Pearson but if he was going to come he would be here now , he's holding out for a decent prem club.

I want Pearson but if he was going to come he would be here now , he's holding out for a decent prem club.

I don't think he'd get one Lviv. Since he's been out of work the three worst clubs in the Prem have changed manager, and all three have overlooked him. Surely, if he was to be considered by a Prem club, they'd look at his great escape with Leicester last season and one of those three would have appointed him straight away. I think they wary of him because he comes across as not right in the head.

If he came here, I'd give him 6 months max with Fawaz.

He's close to accepting, could have done alresdy. How long he will last with Fawaz is anyone's guess.

Fawaz last chance with the fans on this one

Art - I spoke to the good friend regarding the appointment of Glenn Hoddle. He did apply in 2000 (thought it would be 1999 or 2001 after appointment and dismissal of David Platt), but was never considered or shortlisted as a candidate.

I don't really know what you're saying, there was no job available in 2000! By the time Platt left Forest for the U21s Hoddle had already gone to Tottenham. As I've already said, Hoddle was approached before Platt was appointed but turned it down. This was in all the National papers at the time, I can remember Hoddle's agent was all over the media praising Forest and saying how it was the right job just came to soon blah blah blah. I'm not making this up!!

Also if you're still refusing to accept O'Neil was first approached before Clark was appointed I've got this for you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbs4d3MwUKw

He's close to accepting, could have done alresdy. How long he will last with Fawaz is anyone's guess.

I honestly can't see anyone like MON taking the job Brooksy.

I don't know how this FFP works, but I've heard that if we come out of embargo in the summer, because of last years losses we'll only be able to lose £8m over the next two seasons. If that is correct, who's gonna want the job?

Totally agree. If he lands a decent manager and still fucks up then everyone will turn on him.