Redman

McGovern on new manager search and Steve Cotterill

I love that he just laughs at the mention of Paul Ince

Fawaz will probably end up appointing him

Don't care, doesn't matter who we have. We need a bit of regime change and oust the ayatollah at the top.

Clough, Evans and Poyet are the front runners according to the bookies. Out of that fairly uninspiring rammel I'd prefer Clough but I wouldn't be happy with any of them.

Nigel Clough did wonders considering Derby were heavily in debt, and the club in total disarray. Similar situation to us? Honestly if you were Clough Jr would you take on the monumental task of managing Nottingham Forest with all the past history, transfer embargo, restrictions due to the Financial Fair Play system for possibly next couple of seasons, animosity and demand of our fans to managers (especially one crossing from the other side)? He's happy at Burton Albion with less expectation, bar promotion to the Championship which for their fans would be an unexpected bonus, so why would you join Forest and ruin your happy memories of this club? Stuart Pearce, Dougie Freedman all ex-Forest players have failed, would Cloughie Jr want the same fate, and have his reputation and respect for him tarnished.

Nigel Clough did wonders considering Derby were heavily in debt, and the club in total disarray. Similar situation to us? Honestly if you were Clough Jr would you take on the monumental task of managing Nottingham Forest with all the past history, transfer embargo, restrictions due to the Financial Fair Play system for possibly next couple of seasons, animosity and demand of our fans to managers (especially one crossing from the other side)? He's happy at Burton Albion with less expectation, bar promotion to the Championship which for their fans would be an unexpected bonus, so why would you join Forest and ruin your happy memories of this club? Stuart Pearce, Dougie Freedman all ex-Forest players have failed, would Cloughie Jr want the same fate, and have his reputation and respect for him tarnished.

Define wonders...

Also, I thought it was confirmed by Comical Ali that we will be out of the embargo next season....

What was Fawaz's tweet on about earlier? "The truth will be revealed soon, and we will know exactly who is behind it all".

I'm presuming it may be about the rumours Williams will leave due to interference in team selection.

Williams is an idiot.

Says that he can categorically state that he has picked the team and tactics for the past 4 games.

Fuck that, after those 4 performances, no way would I have accepted responsibility for that shambles.. I'd have blamed Fawaz.

[still can't cut/paste or quote]

Type in Google - Nigel Clough Spending Derby. The Derby Telegraph article give a perspective, and balanced opinion of Nigel Clough's tenure at Derby.

Concerning the Embargo and Financial Fair Play without knowledge of the current accounts, and Al-Hasawi's history of promptly paying debt's do you honestly trust his statement or comments? Yes I have the upmost respect for the man and gratitude for the gentleman for investing into the Club, but he definitely needs a CEO or Chairman maybe John Pelling (ex-Finance Director for Forest, ex-Chief Executive for Bristol City) to help run the Club properly.

Edited by nemesiz

[still can't cut/paste or quote]

Type in Google - Nigel Clough Spending Derby. The Derby Telegraph article give a perspective, and balanced opinion of Nigel Clough's tenure at Derby.

Concerning the Embargo and Financial Fair Play without knowledge of the current accounts, and Al-Hasawi's history of promptly paying debt's do you honestly trust his statement or comments? Yes I have the upmost respect for the man and gratitude for the gentleman for investing into the Club, but he definitely needs a CEO or Chairman maybe John Pelling (ex-Finance Director for Forest, ex-Chief Executive for Bristol City) to help run the Club properly.

He's tried them all mate.

Look at that ex Villa CEO. He came highly recommended, yet he didn't even last 6 months working for Fawaz. This, along with other goings on at the club, would suggest to me that Fawaz is impossible to work with. Fawaz is the problem. We weren't all that under Doughty, but Christ, we are a shadow of that club now, and it's all down to one man.

I'm not having that Dane, three years in the Division below, Platt, Meggo, Kinnear, flogging off Hart's team. Age isn't fucking with you is it? :cool04:​ ​

Aye Chaz, all true mate, but we did have two top 6 finishes in his last 3 years of ownership. Fawaz has yet to get us anywhere near top six in the past two seasons. That's what I was alluding too.

Having said that, Doughty did get lucky with Davies before he and Arthur collaborated to send him to the funny farm.

Fawaz saying English manager links to Nottingham and have had clubs promoted... Doesn't leave a long list does it?

Keane? MON? Pearson?

Or spin to get fans onside during a shit storm?

Fawaz saying English manager links to Nottingham and have had clubs promoted... Doesn't leave a long list does it?

Keane? MON? Pearson?

Or spin to get fans onside during a shit storm?

Calderwood? Davies? Warnock? Clough? Cotterill?

Also, if he's made his decision already, then we are bound to get shite.

What happened to looking at Europe for the next manager?

He said they've taken clubs to the prem. Is that Mon and pearson

I didn't know that, I thought he meant got promotion from any league.

Anyway, that would include Keane buying promotion at Sunderland.

He said these 2 English managers have taken club/s to the Prem.

That rules out Clough.

Pearson I think will go for a Prem club?

MON fits the bill

Warnock has turned us down in the past, so can't see it being him

I also think it won't be a past manager.

Again, MON looks the most likely

He said these 2 English managers have taken club/s to the Prem.

That rules out Clough.

Pearson I think will go for a Prem club?

MON fits the bill

Warnock has turned us down in the past, so can't see it being him

I also think it won't be a past manager.

Again, MON looks the most likely

O'Neill isn't English.