Danny

Who's next?

The bookies favourites at the moment are Pearson and Davies.

I'd take the former in a heartbeat but not sure he'd fancy coming here. As for Davies, I don't want that little **** anywhere near my club. Surely he can't he being considered after the circus his last spell turned into.

Edited by Danny

The bookies favourites at the moment are Pearson and Davies.

I'd take the former in a heartbeat but not sure he'd fancy coming here. As for Davies, I don't want that little **** anywhere near my club. Surely he can't he being considered after the circus he last spell turned into.

You wouldn't put anything past this club would you?!

I can't see it though. Surely not...

Edited by nottmred

Davies would be an absolute disaster, although dysfunctional manager for a dysfunctional club.

Don't want to be one of the doom brigade but I don't think it matters who is next. Until Fawaz fucks off I think we will lurch from one embarrassment to the next.

As far as next manager goes ... I don't know enough about lower league managers to comment, Nigel Pearson gets mentioned a lot but not so sure, he went a bit weird in the end. I'd be tempted to give Jack Lester a go as head coach.

The bookies favourites don't appeal, oddly Moyes is in there? Might be interesting, certainly a big name but I thought he was a hoofball merchant.

The fact that Stuart Pearce is in there shows the bookies know about as much as we do

I've always liked the idea of Tim Sherwood.

..somehow that name and Forest seem linked in my mind...

Sherwood's Forest - yeh - that sounds like a headline..

No point speculating about the manager really as we won't appoint one until the summer and we all know the managerial merry-go-round will have spun a few times between now and then.

And even then it's unlikely we can be successful at this level unless we come out of embargo and get our injured players back. I think I'd just settle with playing good football right now though.

Tim Sherwood is a really good shout for me but something is happening behind the scenes ...... we'll see by next year whether it's top of the championship or at the foot of it, I just get a really nasty smell about all this .... my spider senses are tingling !!!

Until Fawaz of Arabia fucks off it matters not one bit. The only manager he will get is one who doesn't give a shit & will be happy to sign a three year pay deal for one years work. It's the odd away game for me from now on. Fawaz isn't getting anymore of my dough.

Great piece from the NEP

''I'd of thought the prudent thing to do would be to get rid of DF in the summer if that was the route Fawaz wanted to take. This just creates more even more unstable conditions for the club and players. If some fans genuinely thought Forest would be challenging for promotion this year then they are as deluded as fawaz. Its completely unrealistic given the embargo and more importantly the injury to players who would have been key to this seasons success. Forest just need to avoid relegation and steady the ship financially by getting rid of players who contributed nothing but took a huge wage.

When your main attacking threats are injured (or sold) and you have to go into a loan market for them because you're not allowed to buy what can you expect? There isn't going to be any clubs just waiting to offload strikers who can actually score goals. The players DF brought in apart from O'Grady have all made decent contributions. The negative football DF has played in my opinion is down to the fact that his priority after seeing how the team performed in the first 3rd of the season was to make sure the defence was solid and Forest were hard to beat. This tactic came unstuck in the last 3 weeks with 5 defeats in 6 but up until then people were talking of a promotion push! Talk about the pendulum swinging and the fickleness of football and fans!

When you think about the dross of players that have been brought in over the last 4-5 years for good money and then compare that to what DF brought in for nothing the guy deserved at least until the end of the season. Changing the manager now does nothing for the club what so ever. We're too far gone to get close to a top 6 slot (not that was possible anyway) and instead Fawaz has created an unstable environment again where the players will be thinking whats going on here? We've got Hull and then Derby, sacking him after losing to Derby would have made more sense than now. Do you think Nigel Pearson or anyone remotely decent is gonna come to Forest knowing what they about Fawaz and the club now? Do you not think managers talk to each other? Mick McCarthy knew what it would be like thats why stayed out of it. We will only get the desperate managers while Fawaz is in charge.

This is what we can expect every 10-14 months. In hindsight DF was dealt one of the ****t1est hands in the FL. You have 1. Owner/fan expectation levels way too high. 2. Massive injury list to the clubs best players and 3. an embargo that meant you had to pick up scraps for the replacement of the good injured players. Rather than concentrating on his brand of football you have to ask why would any manager want to play that way unless it was the best way of generating safety because of the situation in hand? Anyone not wanting to renew season tickets or not go and watch games should be because the club is run so badly. Taking a stand against that by voting with your feet is more worthwhile than getting down on a manager who was doing his best with what he had to work with.''

After disposing of his 6th manager in just over 3 years ownership of the club, it would appear that more and more fans are now realising that Fawaz is the problem at the club.

Warburton for me.

Also another Scots based manager I'd like Forest to consider would be Alan Stubbs.

Would would really want to come to Forest though!! :D

Until Fawaz of Arabia fucks off it matters not one bit. The only manager he will get is one who doesn't give a shit & will be happy to sign a three year pay deal for one years work. It's the odd away game for me from now on. Fawaz isn't getting anymore of my dough.

Great piece from the NEP

''I'd of thought the prudent thing to do would be to get rid of DF in the summer if that was the route Fawaz wanted to take. This just creates more even more unstable conditions for the club and players. If some fans genuinely thought Forest would be challenging for promotion this year then they are as deluded as fawaz. Its completely unrealistic given the embargo and more importantly the injury to players who would have been key to this seasons success. Forest just need to avoid relegation and steady the ship financially by getting rid of players who contributed nothing but took a huge wage.

When your main attacking threats are injured (or sold) and you have to go into a loan market for them because you're not allowed to buy what can you expect? There isn't going to be any clubs just waiting to offload strikers who can actually score goals. The players DF brought in apart from O'Grady have all made decent contributions. The negative football DF has played in my opinion is down to the fact that his priority after seeing how the team performed in the first 3rd of the season was to make sure the defence was solid and Forest were hard to beat. This tactic came unstuck in the last 3 weeks with 5 defeats in 6 but up until then people were talking of a promotion push! Talk about the pendulum swinging and the fickleness of football and fans!

When you think about the dross of players that have been brought in over the last 4-5 years for good money and then compare that to what DF brought in for nothing the guy deserved at least until the end of the season. Changing the manager now does nothing for the club what so ever. We're too far gone to get close to a top 6 slot (not that was possible anyway) and instead Fawaz has created an unstable environment again where the players will be thinking whats going on here? We've got Hull and then Derby, sacking him after losing to Derby would have made more sense than now. Do you think Nigel Pearson or anyone remotely decent is gonna come to Forest knowing what they about Fawaz and the club now? Do you not think managers talk to each other? Mick McCarthy knew what it would be like thats why stayed out of it. We will only get the desperate managers while Fawaz is in charge.

This is what we can expect every 10-14 months. In hindsight DF was dealt one of the ****t1est hands in the FL. You have 1. Owner/fan expectation levels way too high. 2. Massive injury list to the clubs best players and 3. an embargo that meant you had to pick up scraps for the replacement of the good injured players. Rather than concentrating on his brand of football you have to ask why would any manager want to play that way unless it was the best way of generating safety because of the situation in hand? Anyone not wanting to renew season tickets or not go and watch games should be because the club is run so badly. Taking a stand against that by voting with your feet is more worthwhile than getting down on a manager who was doing his best with what he had to work with.''

After nearly ten years on this forum the only manager you've ever actually supported is the one that 95% of the people who actually go to games can't stand. You're the biggest contrarion on this forum by a mile, if everyone said today was the March 14th you'd argue it isn't.

I don't have any faith in Fawaz picking a competent manager, I wouldn't be surprised if he picked someone like Kevin Keegan but I'll be honest I'd rather us be bottom of the table and trying to win than sitting 14th and trying not to lose. Nothing has turned me off Forest more than Dougies style of footbal.

After nearly ten years on this forum the only manager you've ever actually supported is the one that 95% of the people who actually go to games can't stand. You're the biggest contrarion on this forum by a mile, if everyone said today was the March 14th you'd argue it isn't.

I don't have any faith in Fawaz picking a competent manager, I wouldn't be surprised if he picked someone like Kevin Keegan but I'll be honest I'd rather us be bottom of the table and trying to win than sitting 14th and trying not to lose. Nothing has turned me off Forest more than Dougies style of footbal.

e5041274.gif

Not again!! I've supported every fucking manager apart from Davies part II. Why can't people remember things properly? WHY??!! e5046165.gif

Ex-Nottingham Forest player says Fawaz Al Hasawi is either stupid or ruthless for sacking Freedman

David Morgan says Nottingham Forest players were "really impressed" by the job Dougie Freedman was doing after speaking to his old team-mates just a fortnight before the Scot was axed.

Morgan still keeps in contact with some of the players at the City Ground where he spent two years as a player from 2012 to 2014.

The Nuneaton midfielder said he was only speaking to his old pals recently and said they had been enthused by the job Freedman had been doing.

Morgan said he was surprised at Freedman's sacking on Sunday which came after a 3-0 defeat to Sheffield Wednesday.

He didn't hold back on current owner Fawaz Al Hasawi and questioned the stability at the club which has gone through seven managers in four years.

"I was only speaking to the lads a couple of weeks ago and they were really complimentary about Dougie and the job he was doing," he said.

"They liked him, they could feel that under the circumstances that he was doing everything he could do given the embargo.

"But he had the respect of the players and I'm surprised by it really given how the players were talking about him.

"It means Forest are back to square one again and I can't work out what the owner is. Is he stupid? Or is he ruthless?

"Either way the club desperately needs stability. It's sad to see because it's a fantastic club with great history.

"But maybe the time has come for owners who actually know the club and understand the history ."

Who the fuck is David Morgan? e5041276.gif

Ex-Nottingham Forest player says Fawaz Al Hasawi is either stupid or ruthless for sacking Freedman

Who the fuck is David Morgan? e5041276.gif

A bit of a stretch to call him a Forest player. He may have made a couple of appearances, if that.

I reckon Nige will get it

Not sure he'd want it. He'll be in the Championship with a better run club next season.

You can assume the next manager will fit the following criteria:

1. They must be a devotee of boring ugly football - For over ten years every appointment, with the exception of O'Driscoll, had a reputation for playing negative football. While some of the football under Davies turned out considerably better than anticipated the rest lived down to expectations. McCleish and particularly Megson remain among all time great anti-football football managers.

2. High profile - While a shambolically run underacheiving second tier club isn't going to attract the very biggest names, we do tend to appoint relatively big name managers, with O'Driscoll again the exception. We lack the imagination to go for a first-timer and the knowledge to find a bright young thing in the lower divisions so expect someone whose reputation outweighs their abilities, probably recently sacked from a biggish club.

3. Unpopular with supporters of their former clubs - When we appoint a new manager I often pop over to a forum of their club to see the reaction - it's always a mixture of amusement at the fact we've appointed someone they all know is useless combined with anger at a guy who screwed up their club getting a relatively good job. If you look down the list of our managers since Kinneer they're unpopular with nearly all their clubs and in the case of Davies and Megson widely unpopular generally.

4. Some kind of vague history with Forest - This one isn't compulsory but while genuine club legends (Pearce excepted, eventually), are largely ignored, a tenuous previous link seems to go in their favour. So expect the next manager to be a former player who was so ineffective non-forest fans can't even remember he played for us.

I can't wait to see who it is....... Good times :thumbsup_still:

I reckon Nige will get it

Hope not. Couldn't get Derby over the line and did fuck all with Sheffield United. If we are going to gamble then I would prefer a punt on a rising star from lower leagues. The next Eddie Howe is out there...finding him is the hard part. Otherwise I'd want a big hitter like Nigel Pearson who would have a decent chance of getting us up. Tempting a bigger name to work for a relatively modest salary would be difficult...unless of course you dangled a huge bonus in front of them on promotion to the prem. There would be enough money swilling about If we managed to get up.

Get the Embargo lifted, offload the dross, get good players fit, bring on the youth, sign a couple of quality players ......... just want any new manager to do this and then play a brand of attacking possession football hence why Sherwood, Monk or Warburton will do me ..... it isn't any more complicated than that !!

I hate Spurs with a passion but you can't but embrace the way they play under Pochettino.