i.k.s

Your workplace

What really riles you at your place of employment eh?

Me personally. I hate those bastards that criticise the poxiest little mistake & feel it's ok to go right off on one over nothing, yet have a go back & they ring HR. (Yes I did make a poxy mistake & yes this bastard did go off on one over nothing, and yes I did have a go back & yes he did ring HR & yes they did tell him to fuck off) e5041274.gif

2 users are online (in the past 30 minutes)

8 members, 34 guests, 0 anonymous users (See full list)

i.k.s, nottmred, bestwood_red!, Bcrawa, Lvivska, darcyburt222, Bing, Charlie Cheswick, Google, HucknallRed

Edited by i.k.s

It's been a while since I had a shitty job in a place full of cunts so I'll have to think back a while.

Last place I worked at like that was a civil service job. My boss was a lazy scouser that basically did nothing at all bar look out the window, complain about being bored and hand his work out to everyone else. He got 40 odd grand a year for that 10 years ago. That wasn't what really pissed me off about him though, it was the fact that he was into everyone else's business telling tales to his gaffer. She thought the sun shone out of his arse, everyone else thought he was a twat.

Also, I don't know if places like that are still the same but you couldn't say anything there without a complaint being made 'cause someone had been offended. When I started there were five people in the section I worked in, a couple of years later there was me doing it all and I was still only half busy. That's why they were all putting in complaints 'cause they had note to do but sit around looking for something to put a bit of drama into their shit, boring lives.

Here's another. Years ago in some other job on my first day, the Supervisor had just finished and was on her way out the door and I was still working for a couple of hours. I asked her summat on her way, you have to ask the odd thing when you start somewhere don't you? She says, "not now, I'm in my own time now". Just fuck off already then you work to rule tit.

Fuck, where do I start?

My Superiors who think they know my job better than I do, yet they've never done it.

Communication. Bollocking after bollocking dished out by management for lack of communication............yet those fuckers never communicate anything down to the workforce.

H&S. Fucking gone mad now. Slightest little accident has to be investigated. Recommendations put in place to make sure it doesn't happen again. It's a fucking accident. Accidents happen. Live with it.

More work, no extra staff. This is happening to me. Given more and more areas to cover, but no extra staff to do it. Then I get a rollicking when performance results are down.

Fucking trackers in the vans. Monitor your every movement from speeding, harsh acceleration, harsh braking, start time, finish time...............even shows idling time which leads to another bollicking cause you're using fuel needlessly.

I could go on............

Here's another. Years ago in some other job on my first day, the Supervisor had just finished and was on her way out the door and I was still working for a couple of hours. I asked her summat on her way, you have to ask the odd thing when you start somewhere don't you? She says, "not now, I'm in my own time now". Just fuck off already then you work to rule tit.

This Supervisor has to monitor e-mails and phone calls in his own time. If the shit hits the fan over the weekend and I don't pick up on it, I get a right bollocking.

One of my old places used to be a nest of wankers and gave me plenty of material that made my piss boil. It was the sort of place where doing a good job counted for nothing and that you only got promotions if your dad knew the MD and you didn't mind having a permanent noggin of shit on the end of your nose or your tongue.

The first thing that used to get me was that despite being 9-5 they never batted an eyelid if you used to be there at half six or seven in the evening but if you piled in at two minutes after nine, they always wanted a word about your lateness.

At my place I rock up at 8.45 am, I'm meant to start at 9 and finish at 6. The manager gets the hump if he sees me driving off in the evening at 5.55. Twat.

One of my old places used to be a nest of wankers and gave me plenty of material that made my piss boil. It was the sort of place where doing a good job counted for nothing and that you only got promotions if your dad knew the MD and you didn't mind having a permanent noggin of shit on the end of your nose or your tongue.

The first thing that used to get me was that despite being 9-5 they never batted an eyelid if you used to be there at half six or seven in the evening but if you piled in at two minutes after nine, they always wanted a word about your lateness.

Isn't that how most places work regards time? Don't matter if you're early or work late just don't arrive late at all. Fully understandable that but regards the other that really is a pisser, factory where I used to work needed a new departmental manager and as I'd been sorta doing the job for two years I was pretty confident until in minced the company directors son to do the job who needed training from scratch and had an attitude to drive a saint insane. Think in some places it will always be Not what you know but Who.

Isn't that how most places work regards time? Don't matter if you're early or work late just don't arrive late at all. Fully understandable that but regards the other that really is a pisser, factory where I used to work needed a new departmental manager and as I'd been sorta doing the job for two years I was pretty confident until in minced the company directors son to do the job who needed training from scratch and had an attitude to drive a saint insane. Think in some places it will always be Not what you know but Who.

That's true but it was part of a whole package where it was clearly one rule for them and another for the plebs. I remember when the firm first started to hit hard times and decided to lay a load of folk off. Poor bastards were walking out the door just in time to see the top dogs company sports car being delivered.

As someone once said, life is like a shit sandwich. The more bread you have, the less shit you taste.

Edited by leather

Same here. The cheeky cunts would sometimes even ask if I minded starting 5 or 10 mins early if I'm there but soon as you ask to leave 5 mins early to be somewhere it's a no.

Smart phones are a fckin pain. You can no longer switch off, always someone emailing you at twat o'clock. Oh and people who take time off because they have a cold....ffs.

People who come in spreading germs, arguing about heating, one person sat there with a fleece on and the person next to him in a shirt. Coughing all over the place. Jesus. If just one person stopped at home and never brought the cold in in the first place.

The job I have now is the best job I have ever had , the easiest job , great gang of work mates its just a shock off , Its setting on all the time , as they are halfway through an expansion job, Its a German firm and a lot of it depends on UK staying in the E.U.. I think if we pull out they have some plans to move to Dublin.

On saying that everyone is brainwashed they have two or three brainwashing sessions a week , One time they sent some o f us away in a top hotel down south for a week and everyday we had 4 hours in a class room being brainwashed it was fucking torture. But they are shit hot at giving you stuff, apart from wages that is. The H.R. dept is a fucking joke , they have a policy on farting and its not unknown for somebody to get a letter about their farting habits.

I think they have someone looking at peoples social media sites because folk are taken into the office and asked to delete any mention of the firm that they deem puts them in a bad light . I think if you buy into the bollocks you can get promotions and such but a lot of it is nepotism and pals of pals Twenty year ago I could have made a proper job of it and got myself a cushy number but to be honest its dead cushy as it is , Obviously some of the young lads think its hard but they aint ever had hug and tug or piece work .

Smart phones are a fckin pain. You can no longer switch off, always someone emailing you at twat o'clock. Oh and people who take time off because they have a cold....ffs.

I'd advise you switch your phone off or instead of a smart phone, use a normal mobile phone which can call and text only but for all I know, you might be one of these Facebook freaks who just can't miss an update.

Edited by AndyNFFC

I'd advise you switch your phone off or instead of a smart phone, use a normal mobile phone which can call and text only but for all I know, you might be one of these Facebook freaks who just can't miss an update.

Are you BR ? :guiltysmiley: