the_saurus

The politics thread

35 minutes ago, nemesiz said:

So obviously we have nothing with the EU our biggest trading partner but what we do have is.

Andean countries
CARIFORUM trade bloc
Central America
Chile
Eastern and Southern Africa (ESA) trade bloc 
Faroe Islands
Iceland and Norway
Israel
Lebanon
Liechtenstein
Pacific states
Palestinian Authority
South Korea
Switzerland

Think I'll start fattening my dog up now as we'll be eating the fucker for Christmas dinner.

3 hours ago, Dane B said:

What trade deals do the rest of the EU have in place for when we leave? Can they afford, and lets face it there's some piss poor countries in the EU, to just stop trading with us? Will the German and French car manufacturers turn their backs on what is a huge market for them? I doubt it.

Erm Dane. This is my point. You don't actually know do you? Come on you're better than that. If you hate Joe Dacki's that's fine but I can't understand why you'd be happier being poorer for some dated jingoistic fantasy.

The EU will have all existing world-wide agreements apart from us. They'll be fine, the impact is minor compared to what we'll face. 

To be honest Ben, it matters not. With every passing day, the chances of us leaving the EU are getting slimmer and slimmer. Nearly 3.5 years, and we're still debating it. It won't happen mate. Our politicians couldn't agree if it were day or night, so there is next to no chance of them agreeing on any Brexit deal.

The LIB Dems want a General Election, and if they win, (no fucking chance), they will revoke Article 50. Not even a second referendum.

Labour want a General Election, but don't want one because they know they haven't a prayer with Corbyn at the helm. They don't know what they fucking want.

The Tories have made such a mess of Brexit that it will stick with them for years to come. 500 years ago, Boris would have been beheaded for lying to the Monarchy.

It's such a mess Ben, and although Brexit is at the forefront of all British politics, it should be given a back seat until ALL parties can sort their own in house shambles.

We won't leave on the 31st October. We'll have a General Election in November that will sort out absolutely nothing. Whoever wins that Election, will still have the same issues facing the current Government.

One thing we have learnt over the past couple of years though mate is that our politicians are the most incompetent shower of shit that ever walked this earth.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Dane B said:

To be honest Ben, it matters not. With every passing day, the chances of us leaving the EU are getting slimmer and slimmer. Nearly 3.5 years, and we're still debating it. It won't happen mate. Our politicians couldn't agree if it were day or night, so there is next to no chance of them agreeing on any Brexit deal.

The LIB Dems want a General Election, and if they win, (no fucking chance), they will revoke Article 50. Not even a second referendum.

Labour want a General Election, but don't want one because they know they haven't a prayer with Corbyn at the helm. They don't know what they fucking want.

The Tories have made such a mess of Brexit that it will stick with them for years to come. 500 years ago, Boris would have been beheaded for lying to the Monarchy.

It's such a mess Ben, and although Brexit is at the forefront of all British politics, it should be given a back seat until ALL parties can sort their own in house shambles.

We won't leave on the 31st October. We'll have a General Election in November that will sort out absolutely nothing. Whoever wins that Election, will still have the same issues facing the current Government.

One thing we have learnt over the past couple of years though mate is that our politicians are the most incompetent shower of shit that ever walked this earth.

Been saying this for some time.  I haven't got a problem with leaving the EU but I don't trust our lot to run anything at all, hence voting remain. 

IMO, we need a change of electoral system here first which allows us to vote for what we want, instead of the lesser of a couple of bad options. That should make the parties work for us instead of them working for themselves.

With that in mind, leaving the EU is completely pointless because our lot are so bad.  A mixture of dogmatic idealists and crooks, some both.

People talk about immigration but that's already happened, you can't turn the clock back. 

The whole thing is like the rapper who cut his own nob off, because he'd already impregnated three women.  The difference is we'll still get fucked after. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Boris is not fit to be PM. I have never voted Labour and think Corbyn is going to do harm to the country, however, Boris is harming the country with his undermining of the only (shitty) democratic institution we have, Trump-esq rhetoric and fanatical obsession with Brexit on 31 October irrespective of the damage it does to the country. He accuses others of denying Brexit when he voted against it twice (and only changed his mind when May said she would leave). His display in the Commons yesterday was disgraceful and I would rather have the Marxist grandfather than that lying clown. Better yet, blow the whole place up and start again. Johnson out!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

"Take back control."

What that really means is giving control to Johnson and all the Eton/Bullingdon cunts around him. Jesus, what a shit show.

I'll never for the life of me understand why these toffs get the votes and support of the working man.

Edited by Daz555
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

6 hours ago, Daz555 said:

"Take back control."

What that really means is giving control to Johnson and all the Eton/Bullingdon cunts around him. Jesus, what a shit show.

I'll never for the life of me understand why these toffs get the votes and support of the working man.

Goering aptly put it,  "Oh, that is all well and good, but, voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country."

Same principle in the propaganda being spouted here for the last few years, just different twats peddling it. 

• Upvote 3

Boris is now blaming the police for a "politically motivated attack" because they have decided to refer his dodgy dealings with Arcuri for an investigation. It is sad that rather than admit he is a bellend he would prefer to undermine the police whose virtues he was praising when he could get a photo-op. His 20,000 extra police offers is merely taking them back to the level they were at before Osbourne did his austerity cull. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

25 minutes ago, Mr Smith said:

His 20,000 extra police offers is merely taking them back to the level they were at before Osbourne did his austerity cull. 

Trouble is it won’t even achieve that at the rate they’re jacking it in or retiring.

• Like 1

On 9/12/2019 at 9:13 AM, E R said:

I am starting to waiver actually and think about changing to Remain. Tbh I am at the point of thinking life was easy enough being part of the EU so why give a shit about leaving and I do not trust the likes of BJ to do any decent deals should we leave (or any of the cunts come to that). All this we want our country back - it is too little too late the horse has bolted. All you have to do is pick up a copy of the Evening Standard and we are already at well over 100 murders this year and it is 90% black and Asian teenage gangs. So better to Remain and spend the money on a better Police force imo 

Three years in and this cunt twigs on . 

• Downvote 1

7 hours ago, Lvivska said:

Three years in and this cunt twigs on . 

It will just make my life easier - naturally I am thinking about myself and my family and I am past caring about anyone else. As soon as the EU handouts mean an extra tuppence tax on your pint of Newcy Brown ale down your Working Mans club (ha - it should be called lazy cunts who go on strike at the first opportunity club) - but as soon as the ol EU start hitting you where it hurts you will be up in little arms about it 

Three years on the Irish thing still needs sorting.  Unless we want them to start blowing us up again this needs fixing, deal or not.  Should have been the first thing they dealt with. 

You always get your passport checked when you travel one way or the other from there to here so I don't see the hang up on having border checks here, unless you're a DUP nutjob.  Just leave their border as it is.  Job done.

1 hour ago, Charlie Cheswick said:

Three years on the Irish thing still needs sorting.  Unless we want them to start blowing us up again this needs fixing, deal or not.  Should have been the first thing they dealt with. 

You always get your passport checked when you travel one way or the other from there to here so I don't see the hang up on having border checks here, unless you're a DUP nutjob.  Just leave their border as it is.  Job done.

They should have sorted all this shit out before they triggered article 50. Got all parties together, decided on a negotiating position and use our economic heft to divide the EU-27 in order to get the best Brexit deal possible. Instead you have too many self-serving twats (Corbyn and Johnson being the worst) who are not remotely interested in what is good for the country only their desire for power.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, E R said:

It will just make my life easier - naturally I am thinking about myself and my family and I am past caring about anyone else. As soon as the EU handouts mean an extra tuppence tax on your pint of Newcy Brown ale down your Working Mans club (ha - it should be called lazy cunts who go on strike at the first opportunity club) - but as soon as the ol EU start hitting you where it hurts you will be up in little arms about it 

This cunt as wanted out from the begining . Now there might be food shortages hes starting to get worried. Yo will be alright without snap for six months yer fat cunt .  Dig yer fucking lawn up and plant taters yo will be alright for chips then . Get some fucking fowls in so as yer can have egg and chips . Never did me no harm thirty odd years in Steel woks and still working.   Austerity is coming to you , you big fat Tory cunt . 

• Haha 3

Blimey I hope it doesn’t get as bad as you having to keep hens and growing potatoes in their garden just so they can have egg and chips - you was better off back in Ukraine. It’s funny though - people like you always find money to go down the pub 3 or 4 times a week, go to the football or smoke yet complain about how skint you are. Let’s be honest you have worked in a foundry where you push a button to do your job for you - it is hardly rocket science - and you still strike for more money. It is just a shame The Baroness is not around or we would have been out of Europe half hour after the vote count. Is your arsehole twitching a bit in case you get deported then? 

BTW wasn’t you the one complaining about how the French nicked your work?

Anyway it is piss easy collar you use to do before you retired - employee of the month for September goes to LVIV’s index finger for pushing the button 🙄

let’s be honest you have two Jeremy Beadle hands so you would never be able to do any real hard work with them

• Haha 2

I aint worked in Steel works for ten years . I work for an import export company as a liasion officer with Border Force and other agencys , Best job I have ever had, the company is the best company I have ever worked for and the governors are all sound folk who recognise effort brains and hard work . I am nearly 67 been working since I was eight years old selling Pegs and Bullrushes with my Mam door to door.  I have chucked in my notice two times and the gaffer chucked it back at me saying cant let you go . They let me choose my own hours, gave me three agency lads to help me, and a secreatary to do me paper work , Nice bird as well shes 62 but got a body of a 59 year old . Shes always asking me round her pad for a glass of Red wine but I am old school I never mix business with pleasure unlike some .   I have seen loads like you at Steel works they start first day at 6 and at 8 they fuck off cannot stand the heat the Dust or the Graft . There was no buttons to press everything was hug and tug. Told yer before I am as fit as a butchers dog walk ten mile everyday . I dont drink so much now as I like to stay in trim and there is always some cunt in the pub spouting bollocks and it gets on my nerves and the missus says she is fucking off if the coppers come round again. 

• Haha 4

So her body looks 3 years younger than she is 😂

Yeah I have heard you can’t handle your ale and get a bit lary after a couple of shandies and want to start punching blokes in the nuts (you can’t reach their face bring 4 foot tall) with your child hands

Someone told me about a fight you had in the boozer when you started on a proud Tory like myself when you was banging on about Margaret Thatcher and he took exception to you insulting the baroness, put his dukes up and gave you a walloping. Apparently the only time you had the bloke worried was when he thought he had killed you 🤣

A lot of the posh public school types are versed in the ol Marquis of Queensbury mate so be careful 😉

And someone told me you started once in a nightclub back in the day and that a little bloke with glasses hit you so hard you had to pay to get back in 🤣

Edited by E R
  • Haha 2

What are people's thoughts on the Orange one from across the pond?

I've always been of the opinion that he's a moron, but you can get away with that as a leader, that seems to be what people want.

But this Syria stuff seems a bit beyond the pale to me.  Have I missed something or is that the limit of it?

10 hours ago, Charlie Cheswick said:

What are people's thoughts on the Orange one from across the pond?

I've always been of the opinion that he's a moron, but you can get away with that as a leader, that seems to be what people want.

But this Syria stuff seems a bit beyond the pale to me.  Have I missed something or is that the limit of it?

Not too sure, but I don't really understand the anti-Turkish media coverage of the whole affair. We wouldn't have chosen America to abandon the country the way it has, but given they have we need to decide who we want looking after things over there. Consider the options:

1) Syrian government forces - surely not viable as they've been waging a civil war against their own people in that particular part of Syria.

2) Kurds - the temptation is to think "these blokes are our mates" because they stood with the US to fight ISIS. But let's not kid ourselves - the US-Kurd alliance was a marriage of convenience. The Kurds' military arm is a Marxist organisation considered terrorist by it's neighbour Turkey. Clearly not a viable choice to govern.

3) Russia? They've been fighting alongside Syrian government forces, so again, not viable for the same reasons.

4) Turkey - NATO member (you know, our allies since 1951?) who would seem to have legitimate, or at least understandable reasons for being in Northern Syria. Namely re-settling the 3.5 million Syrian refugees they've taken care of over the past 7 years and fighting the aformentioned Kurdish terrorists who they say have been attacking them in their own borders.

Given the circumstances, is Turkey not the least bad of the four options?

It's a crying shame the international community has paid the Syrian conflict lip service and basically abandoned the Syrians to the mercy of Assad and his Russian allies, but it  does seems a bit of a cheek to sit back and do nothing but then criticise a country who stand up and try to do something positive.

Edited by H-Block

1 hour ago, H-Block said:

Not too sure, but I don't really understand the anti-Turkish media coverage of the whole affair. We wouldn't have chosen America to abandon the country the way it has, but given they have we need to decide who we want looking after things over there. Consider the options:

1) Syrian government forces - surely not viable as they've been waging a civil war against their own people in that particular part of Syria.

2) Kurds - the temptation is to think "these blokes are our mates" because they stood with the US to fight ISIS. But let's not kid ourselves - the US-Kurd alliance was a marriage of convenience. The Kurds' military arm is a Marxist organisation considered terrorist by it's neighbour Turkey. Clearly not a viable choice to govern.

3) Russia? They've been fighting alongside Syrian government forces, so again, not viable for the same reasons.

4) Turkey - NATO member (you know, our allies since 1951?) who would seem to have legitimate, or at least understandable reasons for being in Northern Syria. Namely re-settling the 3.5 million Syrian refugees they've taken care of over the past 7 years and fighting the aformentioned Kurdish terrorists who they say have been attacking them in their own borders.

Given the circumstances, is Turkey not the least bad of the four options?

It's a crying shame the international community has paid the Syrian conflict lip service and basically abandoned the Syrians to the mercy of Assad and his Russian allies, but it  does seems a bit of a cheek to sit back and do nothing but then criticise a country who stand up and try to do something positive.

Looks like option 3.

13 hours ago, Charlie Cheswick said:

Looks like option 3.

Well, hang on, to who would the Russians be the preferred choice? Evidently to the Kurds, who it seems will happily enter into a marriage of convenience with anyone who'll prop them up. But they'll never be the choice of the Syrian people who they've been bombing.

Part of Turkey's mission to re-settle Syrian Arabs who were driven out of their own homeland by the media darlings the Kurds. Are you seriously saying you prefer Assad (who attacks his own people) and his Russian allies over this?

Edited by H-Block

Boris Johnson comparing his efforts to Sir Edmund Hillary's ascent of Everest... Sir Edmund Hillary who pushed the limits of human accomplishment further and Boris Johnson who cannot get the people who put him power and the bribed DUP to agree with practical solutions to the Irish border problem. Sorry Boris, not even close.

• Downvote 1

So now we wait once again for Parliament to reject this crappy deal - as they should. It's a bad deal if you are a remainer or a brexiter.