the_saurus

The politics thread

Here's the thing, not one of the imbeciles in Parliament have sorted the Irish situation out, which in reality, is and was the only real sticking point in any deal. Leave without a deal and that problem still doesn't go away.  

As for a deal, as Ben pointed out, each of the dishonest wankers campaigned on the back of being not only being able to get a deal, but being able to get a great deal.  The frauds.  

I'd rather eat my own testicles than offer support for any of 'em.  

4 hours ago, i.k.s said:

If May..Corbyn and all those other turncoats had obeyed the electorate we would be out of the eu by now, but instead they decided to play politics with it. 

and we could all get on with being poorer 👍

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Ben said:

That simply isn't true.See the quote I posted above.

The quote in the photo you posted Ben? The quote that was dated July 2017, a full year after the referendum.

5 hours ago, Dane B said:

The quote in the photo you posted Ben? The quote that was dated July 2017, a full year after the referendum.

So more relevant then

Lets just have an election and get it over with.

It has been obvious for some time there isn't a majority in Parliament for anything so let's push it back to the people 

Get rid of all the liars who reneged on their manifesto promises

Edited by Daz

On 9/3/2019 at 10:17 PM, Daz said:

Lets just have an election and get it over with.

It has been obvious for some time there isn't a majority in Parliament for anything so let's push it back to the people 

Get rid of all the liars who reneged on their manifesto promises

An election won't solve the Brexit problem though - no deal vs "some" deal will remain regardless. The worst thing that could happen for the UK right now is for us to stumble into a position where a Government has a majority to pass a no deal Brexit.

Boris "doesn't want an election" but votes for one. Corbyn "wants an election" but votes against one. I can understand taking back sovereignty from the EU, but the problem is that is gives more power to these twats.

• Upvote 1

Exactly my problem with voting leave Mr Smith. Every one of the fuckers is a corrupt moron (Tories), a dogmatic moron (Labour / Lib Dems) or both (Tories).  And all of them would sell their arse to get a bit of power rather than doing what they thought was best.

I've been thinking about this Brexit stuff and although people are bitching that no deal isn't an option, Brexit was 100% argued for with the option of a deal so in terms of being democratic, they should exit with a deal, otherwise it's no more legitimate than staying in, in terms of it being democratic.  

And back to the first point, if our politicians weren't the main part of the problem, between them they would have figured a way to leave which was doable and wouldn't fuck up Ireland.  They didn't because they're shit fucks.  

Edited by Charlie Cheswick
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Boris getting absolutely battered at the moment - the useless fucker can't get anything he wants through Parliament. Then there's folk saying he's doing a great job....he hasn't done anything.

I think a great deal of problems with Brexit/politics/society in general is the way the internet now filters information it thinks you will like. People end up with a very blinkered view of society and an echo chamber of affirmation, so something is either the greatest or the worst depending on what the internet perceives your views to be. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

To 'echo' that, people seem to now live in a World of absolutes.  You HAVE to be on a side.  You can think that the people voted for Brexit so should get it, but if you suggest that what was campaigned for - e.g. a Brexit with a great deal - that should be ignored now, because apparently people only voted in or out and what was promised had nothing to do with it.  One side won, the other lost, so fuck 'em right?

Meanwhile democracy is mentioned like it's worth something.  And anybody who disagrees is a traitor.

The political environment all seems a bit like the early 30s to me.  Hope I'm wrong.

• Upvote 1

Agree 100% Charlie. 

Both Labour and the Tories are flaunting democracy to serve their own ends. Corbyn wouldn't sign up to May's deal because he wanted his general election. Boris is unelected, has no majority in our only democratic institute and is suspending said institute to try and ram through his version of "leave", bemoaning Parliament when if he and his ERG friends had voted for May's deal we would have left the EU by now - the Irish backstop is an excuse and nobody has a realistic alternative to it. That absolutism has made it so most people are not questioning their own side, but slinging mud at the other.

British democracy is shit. If Boris loved democracy then he would agree to a referendum (but he won't because he knows no deal will lose). If Corbyn loved democracy then he would support a general election. All of the twats who ran for Tory leader had the gall to sit there and say "we believe in the democracy of the referendum, but the public don't want a general election". After 3-years of Brexit bullshit, whilst the EU is pretty terrible, it is considerably better than what British Sovereignty offers.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

What I can't work out is why JRM, Farage, BoJo etc are all so keen to leave without a deal?

It's clearly going to make us all poorer (unless you're shorting the £). I also don't understand some of the dribblers who are already low income pushing this agenda as well. What do they think will happen when it goes horribly wrong? Shit rolls down hill and they'll be covered.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Ben said:

What I can't work out is why JRM, Farage, BoJo etc are all so keen to leave without a deal?

It's clearly going to make us all poorer (unless you're shorting the £). I also don't understand some of the dribblers who are already low income pushing this agenda as well. What do they think will happen when it goes horribly wrong? Shit rolls down hill and they'll be covered.

It has been suggested that they are following the advice of organisations where although they are UK based have funding ties to US corporate interests.

That and they just don’t understand the complexity. They think free trade will solve it all and don’t realise that certain groups will be balls deep once we’ve been bent over.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

It was always obvious those involved in pushing Brexit were on the take at the expense of everyone else.  The magic was to convince enough of the population that the political equivalent of getting fucked up the bum by Aids era John Holmes was in their best interests.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

23 hours ago, Charlie Cheswick said:

It was always obvious those involved in pushing Brexit were on the take at the expense of everyone else.  The magic was to convince enough of the population that the political equivalent of getting fucked up the bum by Aids era John Holmes was in their best interests.  

But there's the idiots that genuinely believe the likes of JRM and Johnson are on their side and are just sticking up for them :lol:

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, nottmred said:

But there's the idiots that genuinely believe the likes of JRM and Johnson are on their side and are just sticking up for them :lol:

:rolleyes:

What is this absolute spitoon on about? 'Stick up for them'?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, nottmred said:

Like Trump, he says stupid shit so stupid people go 'he's talking sense'.  All you need to engage the half of the population who've never read a book is petty Nationalism  It's what we're dealing with.

If their supporters were smarter they'd realise they were bunch of lying, two bit, chancers who would run them all over with a ten tonne truck if they could add £1 more to their bank balances and this EU stuff is literally there to add to their bank balances.  The rest of us will pay for it.  

Edited by Charlie Cheswick

2 hours ago, Charlie Cheswick said:

Like Trump, he says stupid shit so stupid people go 'he's talking sense'.  All you need to engage the half of the population who've never read a book is petty Nationalism  It's what we're dealing with.

If their supporters were smarter they'd realise they were bunch of lying, two bit, chancers who would run them all over with a ten tonne truck if they could add £1 more to their bank balances and this EU stuff is literally there to add to their bank balances.  The rest of us will pay for it.  

The people’s Prime Minister the absolute idiots are calling him 😂😂

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, nottmred said:

The people’s Prime Minister the absolute idiots are calling him 😂😂

Even labour are turning on their leader in numbers now. First we had the Jewish mp...now this. Ol' rent must be squirming. https://youtu.be/Iaide-nrOJc

4 hours ago, i.k.s said:

Even labour are turning on their leader in numbers now. First we had the Jewish mp...now this. Ol' rent must be squirming. https://youtu.be/Iaide-nrOJc

I thought you liked old Corbyn? Said he was a good man and all that. I reckon you only said that when you thought he was going to get pasted. Then when he took away the Tory majority he really pissed you off 😂

• Haha 2

On 9/15/2015 at 8:52 PM, i.k.s said:

I like corbyn. I don't like most of his beliefs but we at least know where he stands..

What changed? 😭😭

• Haha 1

I've given up on the lot of 'em. 

To me it's simple. The people voted to leave, so let's leave. None of this bullshit from MP's saying I want another referendum because I know we'd be better off in the EU. It's not what you want, or think, that matters. It's the vote of the people that counts. Yet they can't seem to fathom it.

Too much scaremongering. No one knows what will happen to our economy when we leave. Perfect example of this, before the referendum the then Chancellor, George Osborn, said that a vote to leave would would be disasterous for the pound and GDP, 800,000 jobs would be lost, blah blah blah. None of that happened. They just don't fucking know, but would have us believe that they do.

Fuck the lot of them. Where's Guy Fawkes when you need him? Burn the fucking lot.

• Upvote 1

So if none of us know what will happen and all sensible predictions are that at the very least it’ll cause a temporary shortage of certain medical supplies, higher food costs, potentially food delays etc what is the sensible argument to leave?

No-one on the leave side of the argument ever mooted a ‘no deal’ so all this ‘leave means leave’ is bollocks. It was sold on the idea that we’d get a great deal and now we’re being asked to accept no deal whatsoever. 

Ideologically I’m not averse to leaving but still goodness knows how many years on no-one has put forward a positive, realistic argument as to why this would be a good move. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1