Jump to content
the_saurus

The politics thread

Recommended Posts

Our domestic political system needs dramatic change to make it fit for purpose. Being in the EU and this whole EU/Brexit focus has diverted our attention from the fact our own Parliament is utterly archaic and not befitting of a modern democracy.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They’ve all handled it terribly. I’m actually starting to feel a bit sorry for Teresa May being left out to dry. She’s been a scapegoat from the start  

 

Corbyn made himself look a bit of a tit the other day walking out the meeting just because there was someone there he didn’t like while also showing the problems they’ve had with Brexit from the start. They are all more fussed about their egos than getting anything sorted. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A very convincing vote FOR Brexit.

for the record eU Referendum Results By Votes;

  • 17.4million Leave : 16.1 Million Remain

By Constituency;

  • 406 Leave : 242 Remain

By Constituency Party;

  • Lab - 148 Leave : 84 Remain
  • Con - 247 Leave : 80 Remain

By Region;

  • 9 Leave : 3 Remain

BY MP;

  • 160 Leave : 486 Remain

Brexit isn’t the problem. It’s our MPs who are the problem.

March 29th and we expect to be out.

Leave means Leave and was voted for as above with a clear majority.

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, tramaziboy said:

 

Leave means Leave and was voted for as above with a clear majority.

 

BEANZ MEANZ HEINZ

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I told you it would be a fuck up before you cast your vote, Everyone had a go at me ,  Its a fuck up .  so lets have some apologies . starting with IKS, Fat boy , Colin . That moaning cunt Dane. . That bone idle fucker from Bestwood. 

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/14/2019 at 9:49 AM, Dane B said:

I cannot believe that so called intelligent people have devised this set up of cross party voting on the deal.

It's perfectly clear that Corbyn, and his cronies, want a General Election out of this. If May would have come back from Brussels with a deal to beat all deals, Labour MP's would have still voted against it to try and force through an election. Corbyn doesn't give a shit about the Country, it's people, nor it's financial welfare, he's just using Brexit as a tool to depose the Tory's. He's a first class cunt.

Isn't there an old law that allows Queenie to step in, charge the fucking lot of them with treason, and off with their heads?

The last thing Labour want is a fucking election . I usually vote Labour as you know but woul not vote Labour today , they are a Brexit party and I wont be voting for a Brexit party . Labour know that there are thousands like me and they need folk like me to vote for them . Looks like Greens if there is an election.for me.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Lvivska said:

The last thing Labour want is a fucking election . I usually vote Labour as you know but woul not vote Labour today , they are a Brexit party and I wont be voting for a Brexit party . Labour know that there are thousands like me and they need folk like me to vote for them . Looks like Greens if there is an election.for me.

 

Greens winning wouldn’t be a bad thing. Anything to shake up the status quo. For someone who is so anti-Tory I’m surprised you’re so pro EU. My dad was a miner, a fucking hard working one as well and a staunch Labour voter. I was born in 82 so grew up late 80s and then the 90s. The working men of the time seemed to be very anti EU, my dad and his mates said it ruined industry in this country, my teachers at school who were all pretty liberal were very anti EU as well. I can still remember my social economics teacher saying that so many people were anti EU that those in power on the gravy train would engineer a reason to make it a social stigma to be against it like “being an elitist or racist or something”. He wasn’t wrong. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Charlie Cheswick said:

This fella sums my thoughts up very well, across the board.

 

 

On the subject of private companies handing out benefits I’ve got a story. 

 

In 2015 Royal Mail wanted to get rid of me because of an incurable illness I had that wouldn’t get better only worse. Fair enough they run a business. They use a company called OH Assist (formerly ATOS) to do a review and see if you are fit for work. I had a few reviews and they had access to my medical records and every time it got a bit worse until November 2015 they said I’m no longer fit for work. I said maybe not being a postman but I can still stand there and sort mail or drive the vans and empty post boxes or even answer phones when customers ring. Nope OH Assist said because my illness is erratic and can flare up at any time without warning meaning and extended period of time off without warning then that’s it, I can’t work. I was officially paid off on Christmas Eve 2015. 

After the new year I went to the job centre and was told there I couldn’t apply for jobs because of my recent medical retirement. They said go claim disability and the government uses the same company Royal Mail does OH Assist. I went to the assessment and it was even the same doctor who said i was unfit for work. Well now he was assessing on behalf of the government I must’ve made an amazing recovery because now I can apparently do anything. Benefits denied. Now I have a medical retirement I have to declare and a letter I have to show to any future employers basically stating i can’t do anything so I can’t be employed but then another letter denying me any benefits, both from the same company and the same doctor written three months apart. 

Luckily I was able to set up on my own and I’m now earning more than I did before but how many other people have ended up in the same boat? Stuck between a rock and a hard place. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, bestwood_red! said:

Greens winning wouldn’t be a bad thing. Anything to shake up the status quo. For someone who is so anti-Tory I’m surprised you’re so pro EU. My dad was a miner, a fucking hard working one as well and a staunch Labour voter. I was born in 82 so grew up late 80s and then the 90s. The working men of the time seemed to be very anti EU, my dad and his mates said it ruined industry in this country, my teachers at school who were all pretty liberal were very anti EU as well. I can still remember my social economics teacher saying that so many people were anti EU that those in power on the gravy train would engineer a reason to make it a social stigma to be against it like “being an elitist or racist or something”. He wasn’t wrong. 

hats because the press was anti E.U. so anything that was unpopular was blamed on the E,U.  Ask your oldman who closed his pit . Was it the EU or Thatcher. Ask the steel workers who closed the Steel works was it the E.U. or the British Government . Its like the old we can only sell straight Bannanas . As anybody ever seen a straight Bannanna .  The editor of the Mail was interviewed on Radio 4 he said they had a group who would twist everything that came out the E.U. and twist it get it printed to see what they could get away with . Straight Bannanas was one of them I think .  He said they used to laugh like fuck at the hue and cry after .  I want out now just to see if I was right about it being one big fuck up . 

 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, bestwood_red! said:

On the subject of private companies handing out benefits I’ve got a story. 

 

In 2015 Royal Mail wanted to get rid of me because of an incurable illness I had that wouldn’t get better only worse. Fair enough they run a business. They use a company called OH Assist (formerly ATOS) to do a review and see if you are fit for work. I had a few reviews and they had access to my medical records and every time it got a bit worse until November 2015 they said I’m no longer fit for work. I said maybe not being a postman but I can still stand there and sort mail or drive the vans and empty post boxes or even answer phones when customers ring. Nope OH Assist said because my illness is erratic and can flare up at any time without warning meaning and extended period of time off without warning then that’s it, I can’t work. I was officially paid off on Christmas Eve 2015. 

After the new year I went to the job centre and was told there I couldn’t apply for jobs because of my recent medical retirement. They said go claim disability and the government uses the same company Royal Mail does OH Assist. I went to the assessment and it was even the same doctor who said i was unfit for work. Well now he was assessing on behalf of the government I must’ve made an amazing recovery because now I can apparently do anything. Benefits denied. Now I have a medical retirement I have to declare and a letter I have to show to any future employers basically stating i can’t do anything so I can’t be employed but then another letter denying me any benefits, both from the same company and the same doctor written three months apart. 

Luckily I was able to set up on my own and I’m now earning more than I did before but how many other people have ended up in the same boat? Stuck between a rock and a hard place. 

 

I know a few people who get disability benefit, basically disabled people plus one who has mental problems, if you met her you'd know she struggles to do anything and would probably have been institutionalised if she'd been born twenty years earlier.  All of them had one of those people out to decide if they were fit for work and all declared fit.  A fella with cerebral palsy was asked things like can he walk 20 metres and can he cook to which he said yes.  He can walk 20 metres but it'll take him fuck knows how long and he can cook a microwave meal.  I'd wager literally every person in the country had their disability benefits revoked the first time except for the faking arseholes who know how to play the system, they'll never go without.  

It's a pretty sick system to be honest installed by sick bastards, all had them had their benefits reinstated after a month or two and an appeal but why do we have such a spiteful government running us that would put the most vulnerable people under so much stress?  I never did see that promised crackdown on tax avoidance.  

Still haven't seen any efforts to sort housing, the NHS or any other thing wrong with the  country.  Just a bunch of arseholes in Parliament talking bollocks and doing a great job of avoiding anything which could make the country better while blaming everything on foreigners or the EU.

I feel a bit exasperated that we have no worthwhile opposition cause they'd be straight out if we did and wouldn't get another look in for a long time.  

Edited by Charlie Cheswick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, bestwood_red! said:

On the subject of private companies handing out benefits I’ve got a story. 

 

In 2015 Royal Mail wanted to get rid of me because of an incurable illness I had that wouldn’t get better only worse. Fair enough they run a business. They use a company called OH Assist (formerly ATOS) to do a review and see if you are fit for work. I had a few reviews and they had access to my medical records and every time it got a bit worse until November 2015 they said I’m no longer fit for work. I said maybe not being a postman but I can still stand there and sort mail or drive the vans and empty post boxes or even answer phones when customers ring. Nope OH Assist said because my illness is erratic and can flare up at any time without warning meaning and extended period of time off without warning then that’s it, I can’t work. I was officially paid off on Christmas Eve 2015. 

After the new year I went to the job centre and was told there I couldn’t apply for jobs because of my recent medical retirement. They said go claim disability and the government uses the same company Royal Mail does OH Assist. I went to the assessment and it was even the same doctor who said i was unfit for work. Well now he was assessing on behalf of the government I must’ve made an amazing recovery because now I can apparently do anything. Benefits denied. Now I have a medical retirement I have to declare and a letter I have to show to any future employers basically stating i can’t do anything so I can’t be employed but then another letter denying me any benefits, both from the same company and the same doctor written three months apart. 

Luckily I was able to set up on my own and I’m now earning more than I did before but how many other people have ended up in the same boat? Stuck between a rock and a hard place. 

Disgraceful. Some of the directors of ATOS should be in prison, as their actions towards sick and disabled people was nothing short of criminal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/24/2019 at 12:50 PM, Dane B said:

Stuff a second referendum. We were given a vote, and we voted. End of.

Are you afraid that Leave would lose?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The odd thing, is that despite the chaos, I think leave would still win. 

As it stands, the tories would support a leave vote and Corbyn would too (Or at best he would go missing again) 

A Remain campaign currently involves Tony Blair, Vince Cable and Richard Branson leading the line. Good luck with that... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Daz said:

The odd thing, is that despite the chaos, I think leave would still win. 

As it stands, the tories would support a leave vote and Corbyn would too (Or at best he would go missing again) 

A Remain campaign currently involves Tony Blair, Vince Cable and Richard Branson leading the line. Good luck with that... 

 

And we're back to the video I put up and what I've been saying for the last year or two.

People are fucked off with our politicians and are voting to leave because of that.  Not saying the EU politicians don't deserve two barrels too - as my workmate who voted leave put it - the less of them the better.  Just that the things that are angering people are here not there.  We're in control of what goes on here, we always were.  It's shit here because OUR politicians are shitbags.  

 

Edited by Charlie Cheswick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apart from Cameron being a c*nt and starting this whole shambles to save his own skin, the mess here has been caused entirely by how the referendum was run.

It was utter lunacy to take the most complex decision this nation has ever taken and reduce it down to some stupid 12 word question in the referendum. What should have happened is for Parliament to first AGREE on a potential exit plan for the EU and then put that exit plan alongside remain into a referendum.

The referendum we had was little better than "hey guys shall we make everything utterly amazing, or not." An empty useless question and because the question was so useless rather than genuine debate we got horseshit promises and outright lies.

Edited by Daz555
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, H-Block said:

Are you afraid that Leave would lose?

Not at all mate. All the noise is coming from those that want to remain, but I think there was an online poll recently, and leave vote was still the majority.

I don't think the result would change if we had a second referendum. In fact, I think the leave majority would increase due to the incompetence of our political parties.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dane B said:

Not at all mate. All the noise is coming from those that want to remain, but I think there was an online poll recently, and leave vote was still the majority.

I don't think the result would change if we had a second referendum. In fact, I think the leave majority would increase due to the incompetence of our political parties.

 

I'm still not sure the answer is to give the incompetents unadulterated power over us by removing the EU buffer.  It was the only reason I voted remain and the only reason I would vote that way again.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's beyond a farce now.  We're now being dictated to by these power hungry politicians on a local, regional, national AND international level.  It needs stripping right back.  Thousands of overpaid, useless idiots parading about introducing stupid law after stupid law.

The 1997 Welsh Devolution Referendum was won by a margin less than 0.5%, on a piss poor turnout.  Previous to this, the vote in 1979 was rejected by roughly 80% of the electorate.  Soon as that 0.3% margin in favour crossed the line though, that was it...implemented.  None of this messing around trying to overturn the vote when these leaches have the opportunity to get their snouts in the trough.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is not as simple as the MP's know that leaving without a deal will fck up our economy and therefore they don't want to make this decision?

I'm all for fewer foreign looking people clogging up our City Centres but please give us some economic plan other that the likes of JRM saying we may never see the benefit of Brexit. Yeah, if it goes tits up I'm sure he won't be eating his pets.

These are timeless now.

oxoNqA6.png

vwxTGtU.jpg

QMSVzFs.jpg

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The problem with the leave result is that no-one agrees what that means. Now a few people with their heads in the sand will just spout "leave means leave" and will be banging on about no-deal being the default. However, let's not pretend that we can expect Parliament to allow that. It would be a utter catastrophe for the UK and its people - particularly the most vulnerable. The rich will weather the storm, those less well off will not.

I have now seen a good portion my own company's no-deal plans as they have been released from non-disclosure at my level as I need to be involved from an IT infrastructure point of view. It is utterly depressing. The job losses and money/business being moved to the EU is eye watering. The £39bn we will save by not paying the EU is small change, put it that way.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like Rees-Mogg is coming out for Mays awful awful deal  - a deal which really just removes us from the decision making processes in Brussels but keeps almost everything else the same. The deal he said turns the UK into a slave state.

Jesus he's a monumental bellend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/25/2019 at 3:29 AM, Lvivska said:

I told you it would be a fuck up before you cast your vote, Everyone had a go at me ,  Its a fuck up .  so lets have some apologies . starting with IKS, Fat boy , Colin . That moaning cunt Dane. . That bone idle fucker from Bestwood. 

Yeah you must've had the same mindset as all those other moaning fucking whelks who can't handle losing. Take a deep breath and embrace our forthcoming independence. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, i.k.s said:

Yeah you must've had the same mindset as all those other moaning fucking whelks who can't handle losing. Take a deep breath and embrace our forthcoming independence. 

We now just have to wait to see what comes of the indicative votes process to test the waters to see if they can get any sort of consensus in Parliament about what to do next.

Edited by Daz555

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Upcoming Events

    No upcoming events found
  • Live championship table

  • Championship Live Scores

    Fctables
×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.