Dane B

Fawaz 3 Years On

Carrying this on from the Rumours thread, what are your thoughts on Fawaz after 3 years in charge of the club? Our far have we progressed? What has he done to make his ownership of the club worthwhile? How many managers will he go through before he gets it right?

I was looking at last seasons league table, and we have progressed just 9 points since Fawaz took over at the end of the 2011/12 season. 9 poxy points.

Carrying this on from the Rumours thread, what are your thoughts on Fawaz after 3 years in charge of the club?

e5041281.gif

Guest Chaz73

After our two play off finishes in 2010 and 2011 I think it was a mistake sacking Billy Davies, at the time, coz he was close to that winning formula but it's certainly gone downhill since then and we've certainly not improved as much as we should since Fawaz took control.

At this rate, his five year plan will see us end up back in League One.

I have a few issues, inching up the ticket prices year on year for football which gets a bit worse every year = Doughty.

Picking shite manager after shite manager = Doughty.

Spinning us a load of bullshit every so often to raise a few quid and expectations = Doughty.

Same shite really. You want it to be good but it isn't going to be is it?

It feels like he has been at the club longer than 3 years, seeing as the club has stumbled from one embrassment to the next so many times during his time as owner.

My biggest gripe with Fawaz, apart from the fact that he doesn't know his arse from his elbow when it comes to running a football club in England, is the fact that he wouldn't know a good manager if one bit him on the arse.

Freedman had a win ratio of 1 in 3 before we appointed him. Seriously, what is he going to do at Forest? Just about all the top 6 last season had at least a 50% win ratio. Why would Fawaz go with DF?

It feels like he has been at the club longer than 3 years, seeing as the club has stumbled from one embrassment to the next so many times during his time as owner.

We've been in Court more times than a serial burglar since Fawaz took over.

After our two play off finishes in 2010 and 2011 I think it was a mistake sacking Billy Davies

Disagree strongly. How many managers take a club from the brink of relegation to two successive play offs, and gets the sack by two different Chairman?

Davies is poison, and impossible to work with.

Having said that, I'd like a manager with Pearce's passion for the club and Davies' football know how. Apart from that, you can take Davies and shove him where the sun don't shine.

Guest Chaz73

Disagree strongly. How many managers take a club from the brink of relegation to two successive play offs, and gets the sack by two different Chairman?

Davies is poison, and impossible to work with.

Having said that, I'd like a manager with Pearce's passion for the club and Davies' football know how. Apart from that, you can take Davies and shove him where the sun don't shine.

He didn't seem crazy during his first stint at the club... not sure exactly where it all went mentally wrong for him under Fawaz but during his first stint was the only time since relegation from the Prem in 1999 that we looked a decent team especially in 2009/10 when we shouldve finished second.

As I've said previously... doesn't matter who our manager is, this squad of players just isn't good enough for a promotion push.

He didn't seem crazy during his first stint at the club... not sure exactly where it all went mentally wrong for him under Fawaz but during his first stint was the only time since relegation from the Prem in 1999 that we looked a decent team especially in 2009/10 when we shouldve finished second.

As I've said previously... doesn't matter who our manager is, this squad of players just isn't good enough for a promotion push.

Neither did Brentford's squad last season. Spent £2m on 3 players and nothing on another 12. Top 6 finish.

Moral? You could have the best squad in the world, but with a shit manager you have no hope. Have a good manager who can get the best out of average players and you have a chance. We have the average players.....just need a manager to get the best out of them.

Same shite as before as far as I can tell. I'm sure he means well but if you talk the talk you've got to deliver.

Guess I'm in a similar position to Charlie. Probably means well but seems to be living in the past. Mind you on that score he fits right in. I'm not sure how such an astute businessman seems to be putting so many feet wrong.

At the end of Davies' first reign, I came to the conclusion that we had run out of road with him and we couldn't pretend any longer that all was well. I came to the eventual conclusion second time around and then with Pearce.

Part of me wonders if the club's just shot to fuck and no matter who owns it, it's going to be nothing but a fucking circus for a long time to come.

He is a decent chairman but has made some poor managerial decisions. He has spent much more than Doughty would have but I wish he would get a manager and say he must use the youth and lower leagues. I would settle for that rather than the wanker injury prone journeyman the doog is looking at. If a manger said I will blood the kids and build with hungry lower league players just give me two seasons I will be happy. Freedman gets all these journeyman with no future and as soon as it goes wrong everyone will be on his back me included

Edited by E R

Three seasons and not one playoff campaign, never mind a push for the automatic spots. He's been mediocre at best, incompetent at worst. This coming season will be no better.

Guest Chaz73

Three seasons and not one playoff campaign, never mind a push for the automatic spots. He's been mediocre at best, incompetent at worst. This coming season will be no better.

You're not wrong Daniel, I think it'll be even worse.

It's not really noticeable we've even got a new owner. It's the same stuff that's been going on for the last decade - Constant chopping and changing of (poorly appointed) managers, ridiculously high player turnover with random buying and selling of players without the squad ever getting any better, basically just a bit of a shambles with no clear strategy or aims, drifting from one season to next while occasionally chucking a bit of money around and hoping for the best.

He is a decent chairman but has made some poor managerial decisions. He has spent much more than Doughty

Really? I think you best go & have a look at that again....

It's not really noticeable we've even got a new owner. It's the same stuff that's been going on for the last decade - Constant chopping and changing of (poorly appointed) managers, ridiculously high player turnover with random buying and selling of players without the squad ever getting any better, basically just a bit of a shambles with no clear strategy or aims, drifting from one season to next while occasionally chucking a bit of money around and hoping for the best.

clap.gif

Really? I think you best go & have a look at that again....

you conveniently left off the "would have" at the end of the sentence

And he has - no way if Doughty were still in charge and marthur along side him would we have spent a fraction of the amount we have on players in the last 3 years

not that I really care either way - just commenting lol

Couldn't care less. I go behind the scenes and have tickets in one of the boxes, the bloke is approachable and likeable, he spends time with folk and enjoys his time at the club, so what if he is a little outspoken and eccentric, sooner that than some of the chairman in the leagues.

Treated like a King in his home country and getting a pasting via Twitter by dribblers from England is rather amusing