Sign in to follow this  
Dane B

What's Lviv backed today.

Told you mate, its a slippery slope. You only really hear the odd bit of good news when someone's won, the bad stuff the keep to themselves..

I have had a Fiver each way on Rembrandt 3:25 at Newbury some expert saying its a great outsider at a good price, Just read up on it and its best place was a fourth . I know where I am going wrong now , Listen to the expert read up on the horse and then make my judgement. Anyway to late now money is on .

For me, betting is like a game of poker, but unfortunately you are playing the bookies and not some numpty online where you are the odds setter. Which makes it alot harder.

When i started improving is when i bet on fights/sporting events that i was thinking about for ages. Sporting events i really had on my mind.Analysed etc But the bets i lost is the ones my mates came down to visit and i made snap decisions on things i knew fuck al about.

So my criteria is, be the bookies before you see the odds. What odds would if so and so fought ten times, etc. The look at what the bookies gives. if your odds you set agree with/are worse than the bookies you are getting poor odds. Fold it. Like poker you should fold alot of your hands, same with betting, If the maths doesn't stack up, move on.

Now i am just a casual, so i don follow the markets. but using this strategy of being the reverse bookies has really improved my results.

Obviously if you like betting small amounts every week, to keep an interest in a particular sport then by all means do so. But from experience as IKS says, you will be long terms loser.The problem with my method is its boring, you will put on at tops 10 bets in a year :(

Guest Chaz73

For me, betting is like a game of poker, but unfortunately you are playing the bookies and not some numpty online where you are the odds setter. Which makes it alot harder.

When i started improving is when i bet on fights/sporting events that i was thinking about for ages. Sporting events i really had on my mind.Analysed etc But the bets i lost is the ones my mates came down to visit and i made snap decisions on things i knew fuck al about.

So my criteria is, be the bookies before you see the odds. What odds would if so and so fought ten times, etc. The look at what the bookies gives. if your odds you set agree with/are worse than the bookies you are getting poor odds. Fold it. Like poker you should fold alot of your hands, same with betting, If the maths doesn't stack up, move on.

Now i am just a casual, so i don follow the markets. but using this strategy of being the reverse bookies has really improved my results.

Obviously if you like betting small amounts every week, to keep an interest in a particular sport then by all means do so. But from experience as IKS says, you will be long terms loser.The problem with my method is its boring, you will put on at tops 10 bets in a year :(

And you'd only bet odds on favourites!

Thanks for that , will look at betting differently now

Guest Chaz73

£100 double tonight on Southend and Wycombe

Did them with Boro and Norwich too...

But Southend missed a stoppage time penalty and ended 1-1 after 90 mins!!!

Guest Chaz73

Gutted, I had £150 on it in the end, what a shit penalty in the 95th minute! Would have return about £750!

Hard Luck mate... haven't seen the penalty but no doubt he'd have scored if we hadn't have made our wagers!:-)

Custom cut 3:45 at Newbury, I had a football treble last night Boro Dundalk and Celtic all to win , The bastard jocks made a draw . I hope the torys rip fuck out of em now. You would have thought Celtic would have won . BJK BJK

If people opening new online betting accouts could do so via the links on yourbestbet.co that'd be great. Thanks.....

Then if you could lose a lot of money that'd be even better

Guest Chaz73

If people opening new online betting accouts could do so via the links on yourbestbet.co that'd be great. Thanks.....

Then if you could lose a lot of money that'd be even better

Sounds like you're running your own bookies?!!:-)

Im won my last 5 bets in a row(if you allow for profit making on hedging). The barca one could be the 6th, but ive fucked up with the Nadal one.

The reaosn i went for it was because he was 2-1 underdog, but i didnt factor in hes in Murray and Novaks half of the draw. Both of them will **** him at the moment. Sloppy play from me, although he did get past the first round ;)

Guest Chaz73

Im won my last 5 bets in a row(if you allow for profit making on hedging). The barca one could be the 6th, but ive fucked up with the Nadal one.

The reaosn i went for it was because he was 2-1 underdog, but i didnt factor in hes in Murray and Novaks half of the draw. Both of them will **** him at the moment. Sloppy play from me, although he did get past the first round ;)

Just proves that favourites don't always win.

How can he be an underdog going into a Major tournament at 2/1? That makes him one of the favourites, not an underdog.

I've not had a bet for ages. Might have one on the champs league final for a bit of fun. Think I saw Barca win and both teams to score at 10/3 and Messi to score 2 or more at 11/2 on Betfair. Might have a dabble on those.

I was at Epsom yesterday. Won on the first and last races so about even. Some stupid bint we was with picked a horse out because she like the name and did it on the tote. It won at 50/1

sorecrack - why don't you stick your bets up before the event is over?

I am convinced you are telling pork pies half the time and then you come out with some stunner like you have had Hamilton to finish in the top 3 of the Canadian grand prix at 1/7

Guest Chaz73

I am convinced you are telling pork pies half the time and then you come out with some stunner like you have had Hamilton to finish in the top 3 of the Canadian grand prix at 1/7

He's not that brave coz he's probably losing most of them.

http://www.forestfans.net/index.php?/topic/18735-messi-greatest-player-ever/page-7

Now shhhhhhhhh, 6-1 moron....

I was at Epsom yesterday. Won on the first and last races so about even. Some stupid bint we was with picked a horse out because she like the name and did it on the tote. It won at 50/1

Thats how my missus picks them , goes by the name works for her as well . Just to let folk know on here how I am getting on , both me accounts are cleaned out , I am off to Italy on Saturday so will put some money in again , just for amusement while I am by the pool.