Sign in to follow this  
Dane B

What's Lviv backed today.

Fucking hell my bets at the weekend for the FA cup were atrocious

I did 5 accys and think I got about two winning teams

Chelsea, Leeds and West Ham being the biggest culprits

Scouse cunts have fucked up all 4 of my bets before the 3 oclocks have even started 😡

Scouse cunts have fucked up all 4 of my bets before the 3 oclocks have even started

Once again they've proven why they'll never win the Premier league title.

Long may it continue.

Five teams still in with a chance of relegation, four of those playing teams with a chance of promotion/play offs.

Gotta go for Cardiff, Fulham, Villa, Derby, Boro, Brentford, Preston, Wolves & Bolton for wins today.

Edited by JohnReese

Apparently Panama are 7/1 to be the lowest scoring team in the World Cup with labbrookes - that looks a good bet

That's the one i've picked out of the hat at work to win 👍 Good old work sweepstakes.

Apparently Panama are 7/1 to be the lowest scoring team in the World Cup with labbrookes - that looks a good bet

Yeah, I had a go on that a few days back, same odds but with Bet 365. Makes sense when you look at their record and the teams they're up against, but knowing my luck they'll turn out to be the Cameroon of the tournament.

That's the one i've picked out of the hat at work to win Good old work sweepstakes.

2006 World Cup, I had the pleasure of organising the sweepstakes at a former employer. Prizes were for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. This was a place which employed hundreds of staff across a number of different sites. I sold roughly an equal amount of teams at each site and I swear to God I shuffled the deck of teams well.

Somehow, a lady I worked with got Italy, I got France and my friend got Germany. That's the teams who finished 1st, 2nd and 3rd that year. We all worked in the same office.

Inevitable allegations of a fix followed, but it was completely random.

Remember with bets like lowest scoring team there will probably be a few teams tied as the lowest so you won't get the full pay out eg. if three teams all finish with no goals your 7/1 will pay out at 2.33/1 :cool:

Inevitable allegations of a fix followed, but it was completely random.

72417352.jpg

Edited by Art Vandelay

Early thoughts on points spreads Art?

Be interesting to see how these are priced up but im thinking....

WBA sell

Burnley sell

Wolves buy

Villa sell

Derby sell

West Ham buy

Obviously depends on what theyre listed.

Three are out early as some kind of taster. I was thinking a buy of Wolves but I was hoping for about 43 - they're 47.5 so I think I'll leave it.

West Ham are also out early, 47.5-49. A few days ago they were 47 to buy so there must be a lot of money going on them as that's a big move in a few days pre-season. West Ham are a strange one, they could well have a good season but I wouldn't be surprised if they're a bit of a shambles. Personally I'd steer clear. (Arse are the other one, 70.5-72)

I think Burnley will probably be priced quite low anyway, I'd guess maybe 43? Don't think they'll be a lot of value in it unless you think they'll have a really bad year. Whereas Villa and Derby will probably be among the favourites just on the name.

I'll be looking at Wigan (buy) and Swansea (sell) but depending on price obviously and transfer business. In the Premier I'll be keeping an eye on Everton and Fulham.

Why West Brom? I'd go with Stoke and Middlesbrough for promotion but can see WBA doing alright. I'd be more worried about Swansea.

Three are out early as some kind of taster. I was thinking a buy of Wolves but I was hoping for about 43 - they're 47.5 so I think I'll leave it.

West Ham are also out early, 47.5-49. A few days ago they were 47 to buy so there must be a lot of money going on them as that's a big move in a few days pre-season. West Ham are a strange one, they could well have a good season but I wouldn't be surprised if they're a bit of a shambles. Personally I'd steer clear. (Arse are the other one, 70.5-72)

I think Burnley will probably be priced quite low anyway, I'd guess maybe 43? Don't think they'll be a lot of value in it unless you think they'll have a really bad year. Whereas Villa and Derby will probably be among the favourites just on the name.

I'll be looking at Wigan (buy) and Swansea (sell) but depending on price obviously and transfer business. In the Premier I'll be keeping an eye on Everton and Fulham.

Why West Brom? I'd go with Stoke and Middlesbrough for promotion but can see WBA doing alright. I'd be more worried about Swansea.

I thought Burnley would be priced higher with their excellent season.

I just can't see Darren Moore doing well. Did OK as an impact manager at the back end of last season but I'm hoping he's going to be another Sammy Lee/Chris Hutchings type.

How did you do last season? I know you cleared up on Sunderland didn't you?

No, I made a loss last season on the spread bets. I did sell Sunderland points but then closed the bet early because I'm an idiot :(

I have a feeling Fulham will do ok. Did they sign Mitrovic? 

I've bought Fulham points B)

The rest of the spread prices are now out. Just looking at the Championship ones - I was surprised to see Forest so high, 68-70, that must be the biggest they've been in a very long time. I'm struggling to get on board the optimism train that's been spreading over the Forest section but maybe this season is going to be good after all......

Much more surprising is Brentford. Am I missing something?! Why are Brentford so high up?  Looks little risk in a sell there :unsure:

https://www.sportingindex.com/spread-betting/football/domestic-championship#all

Edited by Art Vandelay
because I want to because I want to

I thought the same regarding Brentford Art.

I've gone for:

Leicester SELL

WBA Sell

Ipswich BUY

Brentford SELL

All extremely small stakes... 25p-50p per point.

Not looked at L1 and L2 yet.

25p? :lol: I thought the minimum stake was £10.

Fulham have gone up half a point since I placed my bet. Didn't realise I was so influential B)

Just looking at the Premier League odds and 14/1 on Chelsea seems huge. It's only just over a year ago that roughly the same squad won the title and surely much better value than Man Utd at 8 or Tottenham at 16.

• Downvote 1

11 hours ago, Art Vandelay said:

25p? :lol: I thought the minimum stake was £10.

Fulham have gone up half a point since I placed my bet. Didn't realise I was so influential B)

Just looking at the Premier League odds and 14/1 on Chelsea seems huge. It's only just over a year ago that roughly the same squad won the title and surely much better value than Man Utd at 8 or Tottenham at 16.

You've got to be joking mate - I'm a complete novice at spread betting. I do this for fun really....my fixed odds betting is where I excel. Anyway, you won't be laughing when I collect my £3.75 at the end of the season 😎

Chelsea do look a huge price don't they? Each way money is 2.8/.1. Seems an absolute steal.

• Downvote 2

Must be the biggest price they've been pre-season since the Glenn Hoddle days.

What dick has voted those last two posts down? :lol:

• Downvote 2

Well, I went a bit nuts with the spread bets. I've got buys of Everton, Fulham, Watford, Exeter, and Lincoln and a sell of Brentford, which was a mistake.

The early price changes are strangely unpredictable. For example Brentford have 7 points from 3, including two home games where they were odds on to win and are up 7 points while Watford have won 2 from 2 including a win at Burnley and they're up 1.5 points, from a much lower starting price :huh: Also I was thinking about Leeds but thought I'd give it a game to have a look at them and they shot up 4 points so I left it. up another 4 since. Annoying.

Forest up to 71.5 now. I can't bring myself to do it but it looks a clear sell to be honest. Looking around the championship top scorer odds and it's clear the bookies have no idea what's going on - You can get 14/1 on Gayle and 25/1 on Mcburnie. Got to be value. The likes of Berehino, Bony and Bojan are around the same price to pick just three of a dozen no-hopers at around 16 to 25-1.

Reminds me of the time I got 14/1 on Earnshaw at Norwich and they had the past it overweight John Hartson as a bizarre 2/1 favourite. Think he finished with 4 goals. (Earnshaw lead the way all season until getting inured at Easter and finishing two short :( )

Edited by Art Vandelay