A bit of light relief for us all... those mouth-breathers over at Meadow Lane have plummeted down to League Two.

Duggie has got the might of MK Dons to worry about next season now!

That'll be another home defeat to a promoted team.

Though the promoted teams often do quite well in this division as the gap between League 1 and the Championship isn't huge. Likewise, sides getting relegated from the Championship often don't bounce straight back. Wolves are a prime example of one, but not the other.

It's usually the case that a winning habit instilled by a promotion season can carry forwards into the next, provided (unlike teams being promoted from the Championship) that there isn't a huge money gap to bridge.

If we do go up, there is no doubt that we will need to replace the vast majority of the first team squad because they are quite simply not good enough for the Premiership. I honestly can't think of any of them who would be good enough. So that's even more money we would have to spend if it does happen and the players will probably lose their places in the team too. If you would do so well that you would find yourself needing to find a new job would you do well?

You only need to read the posts on here to realise how fucked off we all are...moaning about everything it's possible to moan about and predicting gloom and doom forever and a day. Only performances on the park will lift us out of this...not just wins...good football. Still believe that in the not too distant future we will play the game properly again. Hard to see that happening with DF in charge I have to admit but who knows what direction he will move in the summer. If DF is not the man...maybe the next.

FUCK OFF, FREEDMAN! YOU UTTER USELESS SHITFORBRAINS OF A MANAGER!!!!!!!!!!!

He'll be gone by Xmas mate. Unfortunately, we'll just have to suffer his shite tactics until then.

FUCK OFF, FREEDMAN! YOU UTTER USELESS SHITFORBRAINS OF A MANAGER!!!!!!!!!!!

The job of a manager isn't to get results. Only the players on the field can score or concede goals - and then the refs can make decisions that can alter the outcome. The first job of the manager is to manage the squad of players and select a starting eleven and substitutes. Anything can happen in a game - injuries - deflections that result in a goals, shots that hit the woodwork, players picking up picks up yellow cards, a penalty is conceded or awarded. It doesn't matter what the manager planned pre-match, - any of these events can ruin the plan. Forest lost Tesche in the first half on Friday - so Freeman had an unplanned substitution in the first half. (36th minute). Lichaj gets a yellow card in the 12th minute. Landsbury hits the post (7th minute) If Landsbury's shot had gone in, if Lichaj hadn't got an early yellow, and it Tesche hadn't hobbled off injured perhaps the result would have been different. Maybe a healthy Osborn would've started. Forest got off to a blindingly fast start last season and then lost key players to injuries - the wheels came off and SP couldn't turn the season around.

You have to be a dozen or more matches into the season to see if the manager has the ability to manage the current Championship team. Even if we only have twelve points after twelve matches, owners have to judge if the players are buying into the manager's tactics and playing the way he wants before making a true assessment of his ability to manage.

He set us up to sit deep and Iump balls forward. That meant that, despite having some of the best passers in the division, we gave the ball away 60% of the time we had possession & made hard work for ourselves defensively.

Mills & Hobbs were excellent and Antonio was so tricky that he made it look like he only had one marker instead of the 3 he usually had around him.

Apart from that, it was abject on Friday. Until the tactics change to a passing from defence to midfield to forwards (2 of them), we're going to come undone far more than we'll dominate.

The job of a manager isn't to get results. Only the players on the field can score or concede goals - and then the refs can make decisions that can alter the outcome. The first job of the manager is to manage the squad of players and select a starting eleven and substitutes. Anything can happen in a game - injuries - deflections that result in a goals, shots that hit the woodwork, players picking up picks up yellow cards, a penalty is conceded or awarded. It doesn't matter what the manager planned pre-match, - any of these events can ruin the plan. Forest lost Tesche in the first half on Friday - so Freeman had an unplanned substitution in the first half. (36th minute). Lichaj gets a yellow card in the 12th minute. Landsbury hits the post (7th minute) If Landsbury's shot had gone in, if Lichaj hadn't got an early yellow, and it Tesche hadn't hobbled off injured perhaps the result would have been different. Maybe a healthy Osborn would've started. Forest got off to a blindingly fast start last season and then lost key players to injuries - the wheels came off and SP couldn't turn the season around.

You have to be a dozen or more matches into the season to see if the manager has the ability to manage the current Championship team. Even if we only have twelve points after twelve matches, owners have to judge if the players are buying into the manager's tactics and playing the way he wants before making a true assessment of his ability to manage.

Since you've written a fair response to my post, I'll reply in decent manner this time. It's not the result I'm so angry at, it's the style of play and tactics, and that's all down to the manager. We looked just like we did at the end of last season. It was pretty clear the players, and especially the midfield, were once again told to stay well into their own half and hoof the ball towards Antonio/Blackstock whenever they got the hold of it, or clear it out over the sidelines when defending. Not once did we try to play ourselves out of our own half, and the ratio between hoofing and short passes were probably 80/20, with a succeeding rate of probably 20-30 %. And I can't remember our midfield managed to come forward and help Antonio or Blackstock to keep the ball high up the pitch even once during the game. I'm not saying it's easy to outplay a team in the Championship, but I can't accept us never trying to do so! And I actually have nothing against long ball tactics or laying low away from home either, but then it HAS to be combined with high pressure on the opposition and a midfield surging forward to help the winger/striker whenever the ball is crossed from our defenders. Then and only then it can be effective (i.e. how Norway played under Egil Drillo Olsen in the 90s, when Norway actually twice were ranked as the second best nation in the world on the FIFA rankings!)

Edited by sandnes1985

What's Paul Hart doing nowadays?

Losing pisses me off but losing whilst hoofing just makes me want to put my fist through the screen.

What's Paul Hart doing nowadays?

Losing pisses me off but losing whilst hoofing just makes me want to put my fist through the screen.

Was thinking the same thing myself. Most people seem to have already accepted that nothing will be achieved this season. We know Harty would give the young lads their chance and play the right way. Mid-table wouldn't be so bad if we were entertained.

Paul Hart record since managing Nottingham Forest suggests he is the wrong candidate for the position. If you want a similar coach but with all the attributes either the return of Sean O'Driscoll, currently at Liverpool as Assistant Head Coach or John Pemberton whose last job was Bristol City. Both have the ability to promote and encourage youth development but they lack many of the criteria that the fans are complaining about with Dougie Freedman i.e. tactical nuance, and experience at this level. Wasn't it the fans who were complaining of Sean O'Driscoll strange tactical decisions at the time when he first managed this club? Anyhow with the financial limitations and Chairman's intervention would either manager want to come to this club?

He set us up to sit deep and Iump balls forward. That meant that, despite having some of the best passers in the division

Who out of the current fit squad? Bar Lansbury I think it's quite average

Since you've written a fair response to my post, I'll reply in decent manner this time. It's not the result I'm so angry at, it's the style of play and tactics, and that's all down to the manager. We looked just like we did at the end of last season. It was pretty clear the players, and especially the midfield, were once again told to stay well into their own half and hoof the ball towards Antonio/Blackstock whenever they got the hold of it, or clear it out over the sidelines when defending. Not once did we try to play ourselves out of our own half, and the ratio between hoofing and short passes were probably 80/20, with a succeeding rate of probably 20-30 %. And I can't remember our midfield managed to come forward and help Antonio or Blackstock to keep the ball high up the pitch even once during the game. I'm not saying it's easy to outplay a team in the Championship, but I can't accept us never trying to do so! And I actually have nothing against long ball tactics or laying low away from home either, but then it HAS to be combined with high pressure on the opposition and a midfield surging forward to help the winger/striker whenever the ball is crossed from our defenders. Then and only then it can be effective (i.e. how Norway played under Egil Drillo Olsen in the 90s, when Norway actually twice were ranked as the second best nation in the world on the FIFA rankings!)

This is exactly it....pressure from the midfield...getting forward at pace...playing in the opponents half etc. I would rather see us play a high tempo, pressing game and lose a few than watch that shit we watched all last season. Looks like more of the same on its way though.

I would take Pearson think he would be great at Forest

The forest fans could not take him . . Billy D tells a shithead photographer to fuck off and the fans say he brings the club in to disrepute. fuck me they would have an heart attack if he grabbed an opposition player by the throat .

Hey Fawaz stop fucking about get the mad fucker in. . I can just see him telling that Diamante bloke off the other forum to die .

The forest fans could not take him . . Billy D tells a shithead photographer to fuck off and the fans say he brings the club in to disrepute. fuck me they would have an heart attack if he grabbed an opposition player by the throat .

Hey Fawaz stop fucking about get the mad fucker in. . I can just see him telling that Diamante bloke off the other forum to die .

I'd take him Andy. Did well at Leicester, and would be a vast improvement on Freedman.

So would I. In a heartbeat.

He is a bit weird but he has the personality of a nun compared to Davies.

Guest Ludz

I don't fawaz is the wrong owner I do think however that he's doing a job that should be done by chief exec. Getting to the prem under the conditions we are in is a near impossible task but if we do get there we need the money to stay at the club. Look at Bournemouth. They won't stay in the prem cos it just can't compete with wages. Fawaz has the money to compete if we do get to the prem. I find the players and poor choices in formation to be the problem. And why does Danny fox keep gettin played???? I don't know much about how football clubs are run so may sound like I'm talkin crap to all the ones that know their stuff. It's just my opinion

Guest Ludz

If Pearson came to forest our pre madonna spoilt players would go out on a sat afternoon in tears

Would love Pearson. I'd take Holloway as well despite what happened at Milwall.

I think Fawaz has discovered that - based on faulty advice given locally - spending money to get a "good manager" or "good players" and hoping they make a promotion-worthy team is just a certain way to lose millions. I'm sick of headlines like "Forest in turmoil". Forest haven't seen Premier League football since 1998/1999 and that was sixteen managers ago.. I'm sick of the "manager out" talk. All I want is continuity. The same manager for a season, the same starting eleven (we can name in our head) every week barring injuries and suspensions and League Cup matches. So "sod the results" for the next six months - stick with the manager, stick with the squad, and get the injuried back on the field. After January 2016, if we are buried in relegation woes, then ask for changes - until then COYR!

Guest Ludz

I think Fawaz has discovered that - based on faulty advice given locally - spending money to get a "good manager" or "good players" and hoping they make a promotion-worthy team is just a certain way to lose millions. I'm sick of headlines like "Forest in turmoil". Forest haven't seen Premier League football since 1998/1999 and that was sixteen managers ago.. I'm sick of the "manager out" talk. All I want is continuity. The same manager for a season, the same starting eleven (we can name in our head) every week barring injuries and suspensions and League Cup matches. So "sod the results" for the next six months - stick with the manager, stick with the squad, and get the injuried back on the field. After January 2016, if we are buried in relegation woes, then ask for changes - until then COYR!