Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Charlie Cheswick said:

What's the story with all of these MP's jumping ship to join a new political party which doesn't exist yet? 

Why don't they just deal the Lib Dems?  Or did I miss summat that they're all in favour of something that isn't the exact same thing as the Lib Dems? 

Maybe they'll just call themselves the SDP and then join the Lib Dems when they get around to it.

Can't be any worse than the Tory or Labour parties they are leaving behind. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Lib Dems are finished. They have next to no money, have a reputation that will never recover after the Clegg/Student fee betrayal and have no real policy ideas.

Consider this - they were the only main party supporting staying in the EU in 2017, but their vote share went down. They should have been getting at least 25% of the vote.

Another reason is that there is a shelf life for a lot of people and parties in the political discourse. Chuka etc are trying to paint themselves as outsiders and a new choice rather than part of the establishment. 

Interesting few days but I can only see this ending badly for the independent group. What will they have once brexit is over with?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Mr Smith said:

Can't be any worse than the Tory or Labour parties they are leaving behind. 

 

It's impressive that the Lib Dems are fairing so badly considering how inept this pair are. 

I hope lots more follow and it shakes both parties up enough to make them realise they're supposed to be representing us instead of themselves.  I guess pigs will fly sooner than them doing anything approaching what they're elected to do. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Daz said:

The Lib Dems are finished. They have next to no money, have a reputation that will never recover after the Clegg/Student fee betrayal and have no real policy ideas.

Consider this - they were the only main party supporting staying in the EU in 2017, but their vote share went down. They should have been getting at least 25% of the vote.

Another reason is that there is a shelf life for a lot of people and parties in the political discourse. Chuka etc are trying to paint themselves as outsiders and a new choice rather than part of the establishment. 

Interesting few days but I can only see this ending badly for the independent group. What will they have once brexit is over with?

 

Labour has always been a mixture of lefties and middle of the roaders and the Tories have always been a mixture of righties and middle of the roaders.  Brexit and the lefties have triggered the middle of the roaders to fuck off.  I'm surprised it's taken either this long or that there aren't a lot more of 'em.

What'll happen is as soon as there are elections most of these won't get voted in again because people vote along party lines and will keep voting that way no matter how inept the choices are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anna Soubry is fast becoming my most hated MP. Headline seeking bitch. 

I wouldn't piss on a politician if he/she was on fire. But her? I'd set her on fire just so I could purposely not piss on her. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dane B said:

Anna Soubry is fast becoming my most hated MP. Headline seeking bitch. 

I wouldn't piss on a politician if he/she was on fire. But her? I'd set her on fire just so I could purposely not piss on her. 

She actually looks the dead spit of Maggie Thatchers spitting image puppet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, i.k.s said:

She actually looks the dead spit of Maggie Thatchers spitting image puppet.

I saw a photo of her yesterday and thought the same Andy. 

Would appear she has a hidden agenda to become Maggie MKII

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, i.k.s said:

Now, I sort of get that women with kids, reliant on her old fella for dosh etc might feel trapped. But what's this drips excuse?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8476108/good-morning-britain-boyfriend-pool-blood-girlfriend-bread-knife/

How fucking embarrassing!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p0700912/abused-by-my-girlfriend

i watched this the other night - she is clearly a psychopath. She looks like butter wouldn’t fucking melt in her mouth 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/21/2019 at 2:53 PM, i.k.s said:

Now, I sort of get that women with kids, reliant on her old fella for dosh etc might feel trapped. But what's this drips excuse?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8476108/good-morning-britain-boyfriend-pool-blood-girlfriend-bread-knife/

How fucking embarrassing!

She broke him gradually but yes he was weak to start with. She is a complete psychopath and probably picked him out because she thought he was exploitable. She is a vile excuse for a human.

I fear for that man and his family when she gets out in a few years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some soppy bollocks on my twitter feed is blaming the New Zealand attack on Brexit and Trump. Apparently Britain and the US have sent the word around the world that racial hatred is ok lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, bestwood_red! said:

Some soppy bollocks on my twitter feed is blaming the New Zealand attack on Brexit and Trump. Apparently Britain and the US have sent the word around the world that racial hatred is ok lol. 

 

It's more complex than that although the language used by Trump and co is deliberately used to fan the flames just to futher themselves by buying the idiot vote.  It's more that people land on the Internet now and are met with like minded people instead of everyone around them telling them they're a cunt and to sort their act out and so they get further entrenched in their bullshit and the odd unhinged one goes killing. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Upcoming Events

  • Live championship table

  • Championship Live Scores

    Fctables
×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.