The Lib Dems are finished. They have next to no money, have a reputation that will never recover after the Clegg/Student fee betrayal and have no real policy ideas.

Consider this - they were the only main party supporting staying in the EU in 2017, but their vote share went down. They should have been getting at least 25% of the vote.

Another reason is that there is a shelf life for a lot of people and parties in the political discourse. Chuka etc are trying to paint themselves as outsiders and a new choice rather than part of the establishment. 

Interesting few days but I can only see this ending badly for the independent group. What will they have once brexit is over with?

41 minutes ago, Mr Smith said:

Can't be any worse than the Tory or Labour parties they are leaving behind. 

It's impressive that the Lib Dems are fairing so badly considering how inept this pair are. 

I hope lots more follow and it shakes both parties up enough to make them realise they're supposed to be representing us instead of themselves.  I guess pigs will fly sooner than them doing anything approaching what they're elected to do. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Daz said:

The Lib Dems are finished. They have next to no money, have a reputation that will never recover after the Clegg/Student fee betrayal and have no real policy ideas.

Consider this - they were the only main party supporting staying in the EU in 2017, but their vote share went down. They should have been getting at least 25% of the vote.

Another reason is that there is a shelf life for a lot of people and parties in the political discourse. Chuka etc are trying to paint themselves as outsiders and a new choice rather than part of the establishment. 

Interesting few days but I can only see this ending badly for the independent group. What will they have once brexit is over with?

Labour has always been a mixture of lefties and middle of the roaders and the Tories have always been a mixture of righties and middle of the roaders.  Brexit and the lefties have triggered the middle of the roaders to fuck off.  I'm surprised it's taken either this long or that there aren't a lot more of 'em.

What'll happen is as soon as there are elections most of these won't get voted in again because people vote along party lines and will keep voting that way no matter how inept the choices are.

Anna Soubry is fast becoming my most hated MP. Headline seeking bitch. 

I wouldn't piss on a politician if he/she was on fire. But her? I'd set her on fire just so I could purposely not piss on her. 

1 hour ago, Dane B said:

Anna Soubry is fast becoming my most hated MP. Headline seeking bitch. 

I wouldn't piss on a politician if he/she was on fire. But her? I'd set her on fire just so I could purposely not piss on her. 

She actually looks the dead spit of Maggie Thatchers spitting image puppet.

1 hour ago, i.k.s said:

She actually looks the dead spit of Maggie Thatchers spitting image puppet.

I saw a photo of her yesterday and thought the same Andy. 

Would appear she has a hidden agenda to become Maggie MKII

18 hours ago, i.k.s said:

Now, I sort of get that women with kids, reliant on her old fella for dosh etc might feel trapped. But what's this drips excuse?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8476108/good-morning-britain-boyfriend-pool-blood-girlfriend-bread-knife/

How fucking embarrassing!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p0700912/abused-by-my-girlfriend

i watched this the other night - she is clearly a psychopath. She looks like butter wouldn’t fucking melt in her mouth 

On 2/21/2019 at 2:53 PM, i.k.s said:

Now, I sort of get that women with kids, reliant on her old fella for dosh etc might feel trapped. But what's this drips excuse?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8476108/good-morning-britain-boyfriend-pool-blood-girlfriend-bread-knife/

How fucking embarrassing!

She broke him gradually but yes he was weak to start with. She is a complete psychopath and probably picked him out because she thought he was exploitable. She is a vile excuse for a human.

I fear for that man and his family when she gets out in a few years.

Some soppy bollocks on my twitter feed is blaming the New Zealand attack on Brexit and Trump. Apparently Britain and the US have sent the word around the world that racial hatred is ok lol. 

5 hours ago, bestwood_red! said:

Some soppy bollocks on my twitter feed is blaming the New Zealand attack on Brexit and Trump. Apparently Britain and the US have sent the word around the world that racial hatred is ok lol. 

It's more complex than that although the language used by Trump and co is deliberately used to fan the flames just to futher themselves by buying the idiot vote.  It's more that people land on the Internet now and are met with like minded people instead of everyone around them telling them they're a cunt and to sort their act out and so they get further entrenched in their bullshit and the odd unhinged one goes killing. 

Ecuador have finally got sick of Julian Assange. Can't believe he has been there for 7 years. 

I hope he will face the rape charges in Sweden that he has been avoiding. The US charges seem less credible

11 hours ago, bestwood_red! said:

The bloke comes across as a right ungrateful prick. 

He still went out more than me.

14 minutes ago, bestwood_red! said:

He managed to pull Pamela Anderson without leaving the house. 

I've managed to pull one off to Pamela Anderson without leaving the house

• Upvote 1

Not sure why they are targeting public transport, since that should be part of the solution. Also, blocking main routes just means cars have to take the back streets, traffic would be heavier and, therefore, more pollution with idling vehicles. 

This Danny Baker stuff.

Not a fucking chance he was being racist with that, no chance whatsoever.

With that in mind, why does he get the boot and every other twat on the Internet saying he's been racist?  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Charlie Cheswick said:

This Danny Baker stuff.

With that in mind, why does he get the boot and every other twat on the Internet saying he's been racist?  

Never mind that, this is the news story of the day

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7010949/Climate-change-protester-wants-glue-Bristol-Council-building-automatic.html

• Haha 2

Why not just wait for them to open and then glue yourself to them? Or you can get two of your mates to push the doors closed and then glue yourself to them? They won’t open again as they are designed to stop trying to open once met with even slight resistance to make sure they don’t knock people over. Or just don’t be a prick? 

On 5/9/2019 at 4:00 PM, Charlie Cheswick said:

This Danny Baker stuff.

Of course, if you married a black sort & some celeb stuck a pic up on the web like that you wouldn't be offended....