On 12/13/2018 at 4:30 PM, i.k.s said:

Moggster is a huge libertarian & I like him for that, but I hate May nearly as much as Blair & that's saying something. An absolute clusterfuck of a pm.

I met him once and we had a polite hello, how are you, isn't it cold today type chat. He is one of the creepiest twats I've ever met. He comes across like a bloke who is still being breastfed by his mother.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Daz555 said:

He comes across like a bloke who is still being breastfed by his mother.

If we were on a game show where you have to guess who the other person is describing, I'd have got it immediately just from that.

Edited by Art Vandelay

8 hours ago, Daz555 said:

I met him once and we had a polite hello, how are you, isn't it cold today type chat. He is one of the creepiest twats I've ever met. He comes across like a bloke who is still being breastfed by his mother.

I always thought that about Luis Suarez and I can see what you mean with him. I think it’s a weird punch faced look 

11 hours ago, Daz555 said:

No doubt about it he's a weird one. But if you vote for someone because of their accent, demeanour etc then you need sectioning. Or breastfeeding.

An unscientific but extremely large online poll has shown 61% of people would back a No Deal Brexit over a second referendum.

Though many politicians and those in the mainstream media still attempt to claim there is little public support for leaving the EU with No Deal, the evidence increasingly shows the opposite.

Martin Lewis of MoneySavingExpert.com held a Facebook poll that saw a huge 185,000 people vote between a second referendum and a No Deal Brexit, with 61% backing No Deal.

What’s interesting is that much of his audience is likely to be outside of the Westminster bubble. For instance in another recent poll of his 51% backed Theresa May to stay. His audience is far from just hardcore Brexiteers.

https://www.westmonster.com/61-back-no-deal-brexit-in-185000-strong-poll/

Edited by i.k.s

I have been asked a couple of times in polls my opinion , I always give load of bollocks answers . Who would I vote for in an election a few weeks ago . I said Tory . I think theres thousands out there like me and thats why polls aint so accurate these days. 

Didn’t take long for this Anna Soubry bullshit to focus on sexism and racism. Apparently burly white men are only targeting women and people of colour outside parliament. 

Those burly white men are behaving like cunts to be fair.  Look the sorts who'd think nothing of roughing their wives up, if any woman would go near 'em.  I don't think it's cool to be aggressive to women in the street, if they're MPs or not.

1 hour ago, Charlie Cheswick said:

Those burly white men are behaving like cunts to be fair.  Look the sorts who'd think nothing of roughing their wives up, if any woman would go near 'em.  I don't think it's cool to be aggressive to women in the street, if they're MPs or not.

It’s not cool to be aggressive to anyone. People make a joke about Prescott getting twatted with an egg but we need a national enquiry and change of policy when some cringey fuckers shout nazi at Anna Soubry 

Edited by bestwood_red!

20 hours ago, bestwood_red! said:

It’s not cool to be aggressive to anyone. People make a joke about Prescott getting twatted with an egg but we need a national enquiry and change of policy when some cringey fuckers shout nazi at Anna Soubry 

I could blow you out of the water with this Soubry bitch...and the complaints  are about THEM acting like Nazi's! Fuck me backwards!! 🤣

13 minutes ago, i.k.s said:

I could blow you out of the water with this Soubry bitch...and the complaints  are about THEM acting like Nazi's! Fuck me backwards!! 🤣

I can’t stand Soubry. She said the only democratic thing to do is have a second vote, as opposed to honouring the democratic first vote...

If you like a bit of tinfoil hat stuff, there’s some footage knocking about the internet that looks a bit dubious. Suggesting one of the protestors may be undercover plodhelping to create a scene. Doesn’t quite look the rabble rousing part and then there’s a set of shots where he seems to step up to one of Soubry’s entourage and slip something in his inside pocket.

Its all getting a bit daft now but she can’t say she’s not had a hand in rabble rousing. I can remember all those years ago when she presented Central Weekend Live on a Friday night where they used to whip a late night crowd up and have folks in the audience threatening to spark guests out.

Edited by leather

12 minutes ago, bestwood_red! said:

I can’t stand Soubry. She said the only democratic thing to do is have a second vote, as opposed to honouring the democratic first vote...

Her Broxtowe constituents voted to leave, she is blatantly attempting watering it that decision down until Brexit won't be anything like 'LEAVE'. Hitler persuaded President Hindenburg to give him powers that took away people’s right to democracy, and SHE complains about being called a Nazi!. 

17 minutes ago, leather said:

If you like a bit of tinfoil hat stuff, there’s some footage knocking about the internet that looks a bit dubious. Suggesting one of the protestors may be undercover plodhelping to create a scene. Doesn’t quite look the rabble rousing part and then there’s a set of shots where he seems to step up to one of Soubry’s entourage and slip something in his inside pocket.

Its all getting a bit daft now but she can’t say she’s not had a hand in rabble rousing. I can remember all those years ago when she presented Central Weekend Live on a Friday night where they used to whip a late night crowd up and have folks in the audience threatening to spark guests out.

What she fails to grasp is that she thinks she say & do whatever she wants because she's safe to do so in Parliament. She can't handle the fact that her bubble got burst & there was nobody there to protect her. Oh and before anyone pipes up, this is miles away from & so much softer than Rees Mogg & Farage getting agg when they were with there families & their own kids were shitting themselves when a load of class war wankers turned up.

6 hours ago, bestwood_red! said:

Don't be a prat. The vote has been honoured in so far as Article 50 has been triggered, we've had two years of negotiations with the EU and we're now less than three months from leaving the EU. All at great public expense and expense to the wider economy, I might add. However, two years on we know things about Brexit, about what it will look like and the implications it will have on the economy and people's lives that make putting the question back to the people in a second referendum perfectly sensible and perfectly democratic.

Democracy is about people giving informed consent for politicians to run the country as certain way. Whether you were a leave or remain person, you were not in a position to give informed consent in the first referendum. You are now. That's why I advocate a second referendum.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, H-Block said:

Don't be a prat. The vote has been honoured in so far as Article 50 has been triggered, we've had two years of negotiations with the EU and we're now less than three months from leaving the EU. All at great public expense and expense to the wider economy, I might add. However, two years on we know things about Brexit, about what it will look like and the implications it will have on the economy and people's lives that make putting the question back to the people in a second referendum perfectly sensible and perfectly democratic.

Democracy is about people giving informed consent for politicians to run the country as certain way. Whether you were a leave or remain person, you were not in a position to give informed consent in the first referendum. You are now. That's why I advocate a second referendum.

There was plenty of information at the time, if people chose to ignore it or not research it that’s their fault. 

4 minutes ago, bestwood_red! said:

There was plenty of information at the time, if people chose to ignore it or not research it that’s their fault. 

We didn't know what was on offer at the time as negotiations hadn't started. We now have a concrete offer. Personally I don't think it's as bad as some are making out. Personally I think both remain and leave supporters are going out of their way to make the deal seem worse than it really is for the own political agendas. But surely the most democratic thing to do is let the people decide?

Edited by H-Block

Just now, H-Block said:

We didn't know what was on offer at the time as negotiations hadn't started. We now have a concrete offer. Personally I don't think it's as bad as some are making out. Personally I think both remain and leave supporters are going out of their way to make the deal seem worse than it really is for the own political agendas. But surely the most democratic thing to do is let the people decide?

I wouldn’t be opposed to a second vote I still think leave will win. You can’t trust exit polls or any other polls as people are that scared of being unfairly labelled they lie. I’d still vote the same way as I don’t see the merit in linking our economy with ones doomed to fault. However saying a second vote is the only democratic option is a kick in the face to all those who voted in the original referendum. 

5 minutes ago, bestwood_red! said:

Nowhere near as much as we have now though. And some of the information peddled at the time has proven to have been at best inaccurate and at worse deliberately misleading. 

This whole ‘we had a vote, we must stick to it’ is just a load of bollocks. The only people against another vote are those who fear a different decision. 

• Like 1

Just now, bestwood_red! said:

I wouldn’t be opposed to a second vote I still think leave will win. You can’t trust exit polls or any other polls as people are that scared of being unfairly labelled they lie. I’d still vote the same way as I don’t see the merit in linking our economy with ones doomed to fault. However saying a second vote is the only democratic option is a kick in the face to all those who voted in the original referendum. 

I read somewhere that, with the combination of those who’ve since died after the initial vote and those who’ve come of voting age, remain would be predicted to win pretty comfortably. That’s without taking into account those who would change their vote in light of the information available now which wasn’t then. 

• Like 1

The information provided by both sides was generally drivel.  I asked a mate which way he voted and he said he didn't.  I asked him why and he said 'when I elect my MP I vote for them to be informed on an issue and to work appropriately'.  'He said you and I are intellegent people', he'd got my attention now, 'did you know what you were voting for?'  I said no, both sides were peddling lies and horseshit.  He said 'exactly, if you and me can't figure out what we were voting for how will the general idiots in the country know?'  'And the country is full of idiots'.

He made a good point.  The trouble with any democracy is you're only as strong as your weakest links, hence why at this stage I'm happy to just watch each political debacle unfold.  You get what you deserve as a population. 

16 minutes ago, Danny said:

Nowhere near as much as we have now though. And some of the information peddled at the time has proven to have been at best inaccurate and at worse deliberately misleading. 

This whole ‘we had a vote, we must stick to it’ is just a load of bollocks. The only people against another vote are those who fear a different decision. 

You could say the same about both sides. We were told just a yes vote would cause an economic crash etc but nothing happened and has happened. 

1 minute ago, bestwood_red! said:

You could say the same about both sides. We were told just a yes vote would cause an economic crash etc but nothing happened and has happened. 

I didn’t single out a particular side in regards to misinformation as they were both at it. That’s why a new vote with a much better informed public would be a fair idea as to desperately sticking by the result of one conducted under false pretences from both sides. 

I don’t know why I’m commenting I find the whole thing so boring. I said before the vote I’d vote to leave, I didn’t expect to win and if it did I didn’t expect it to happen. I’m still in the same boat.