i.k.s

Reasons why you HATE the modern game...

I know there are tactical reasons for it but I can't stand this business with players putting their hands in front of their mouths for fear of what they're saying being leaked to the opposition. If they only knew what a bunch of school girls they look!

I know there are tactical reasons for it but I can't stand this business with players putting their hands in front of their mouths for fear of what they're saying being leaked to the opposition. If they only knew what a bunch of school girls they look!

My favourite was when a water bottle was used to disguise a conversation. That's when I knew a certain nutcase had properly lost it.

You do have to wonder what they think they've achieved. I've seen coaches do it too. I suppose it's lost on them that its only a secret until they walk ten yards and yell their idea across to the lad on the far side.

"Anywhere else on the pitch that's a foul" has to be the most annoying phrase said by commentators.

Constant reminder of the inconsistency with referees who bottle it with most challenges in the box which they'd whistle up for every time if it happened outside the box, a foul is a foul no matter where or when it happens and refs have to start showing some bollocks with these decisions, the challenges would soon stop, even if just to prevent commentators from repeating the infamous phrase.

Speaking of in the box incidents I get annoyed at 50:50 balls in the air between a goalie and an opposing player in which they come together and it's always deemed a foul on the goalie just because he fails to catch it.

"Anywhere else on the pitch that's a foul" has to be the most annoying phrase said by commentators.

Constant reminder of the inconsistency with referees who bottle it with most challenges in the box which they'd whistle up for every time if it happened outside the box, a foul is a foul no matter where or when it happens and refs have to start showing some bollocks with these decisions, the challenges would soon stop, even if just to prevent commentators from repeating the infamous phrase.

Agreed, but you can't blame the commentator for saying it. It's a fact mate.

Speaking of in the box incidents I get annoyed at 50:50 balls in the air between a goalie and an opposing player in which they come together and it's always deemed a foul on the goalie just because he fails to catch it.

....and half the time, the striker is the favourite to get the ball. The goalie comes for the ball but has very little chance of winning anything but a free kick.

You have to ask one thing though Leather, if we can see all this shit that is wrong with the game, why can't the rule makers? Shirt pulling and dragging a player to the floor whilst defending a corner/free kick is a foul and a nailed on penalty.....and a red card to boot, yet you don't see a ref with the balls to give anything.

Shielding the ball until it goes for a goal kick is obstruction. If the defender touches the ball, he is in possession and can shield it, if he hasn't touched it, then obstruction should be given.

....and half the time, the striker is the favourite to get the ball. The goalie comes for the ball but has very little chance of winning anything but a free kick.You have to ask one thing though Leather, if we can see all this shit that is wrong with the game, why can't the rule makers? Shirt pulling and dragging a player to the floor whilst defending a corner/free kick is a foul and a nailed on penalty.....and a red card to boot, yet you don't see a ref with the balls to give anything.Shielding the ball until it goes for a goal kick is obstruction. If the defender touches the ball, he is in possession and can shield it, if he hasn't touched it, then obstruction should be given.

To be honest fella I've no real idea on why the rule makers don't do anything about. I suspect it's one of those things that gets put on the "too difficult" pile especially as to start to unwind it now will be fraught with danger. Western Europe might be one place to tackle it, but can you imagine if the officials tried it on at a Galatasaty v Fenerbache game or in South America.

I suspect they would have to begin slowly but it would take time.

A few years back some of us were having a chat about refs stamping down on the berating refs just after the incident when all the Man Utd players got in Andy D'ursos face. Had he the balls he should have started carding them from the off and see who wanted the first red. The other suggestion was that the refs union or whatever it is, should have downed tools until the club's agreed to clamp down on it. The thinking was that it wouldn't take too long with no televised games ongoing before Sky started to feel the advertising pinch and sent word down to sort it.

Always felt shielding the ball out like that was obstruction. Half the time even if they're not touching it, it's not within playing distance.

Watch Martin Skrtel defend a corner. That fucker won't even be looking at the ball, he'll have his back to the corner taker, and just grab the attacker and pull him to the floor! Does it every time and never gives away a peno.

The shielding/obstuction thing has been going on for as long as I can remember and I don't think I've ever seen a forward given a freekick for it. Always annoying, although it does make it extra enjoyable on the rare occasions when the forward manages to keep it in play and it results in a goal.

A player goes down injured, his team carry on attacking. As soon as the other team get the ball the attacking team all stop and point either to the touchline or the injured player asking for the ball to be kicked out. When play finally stops they all start pushing and shoving each other...

Which brings me on to my next point. When was the last time there was a proper punch up at the football? In the words of Roy Keane when he slapped Shearer "I regrer getting sent off for slapping Shearer, I could have punched him".

When a player the commentators are all sucking up to does something rubbish and they say "he is human after all"...

"It was never in doubt" when a player scores...

"He was always gonna miss, he didn't look confident" when the player cocks up.

Can't remember when any of those phrases weren't used by commentators but if they know so much they'd comment before the event.

They all want us listeners to think they know it all but in reality they don't really have a clue!

I hate the modern game because it seems that not one Englishman can take a corner that clears the first man, can put a free kick in the box or test a keeper from a free kick.

I also hate "England" players like Sturridge and Sterling who barely try and in Sturridge's case is so much about putting himself in the limelight that he is greedy with the ball to the detriment of the team

I hate that in England we no longer seem to be able to produce centre halves. Good old fashioned centre halves.

I hate that because Rooney's legs have gone when it comes to being a striker that people drop him into the number 10 roll when he is incapable of making a forward pass

I hate that people like Wilshere who is clearly unfit are taken over people like drinkwater because of the club they play for.

I hate that no one sat down with Woy and said with Sturridge, Kane, Vardy and Rashford we have similar players what about taking Andy Carroll as a different option for the last twenty minutes when you need a goal

I hate shit goalies

Cloughie always had the answer to that problem Andrew. Fine the managers. He used to use Ferguson as the example saying the tight old git would soon put a stop to it if he was getting hit in the pocket.

To be honest fella I've no real idea on why the rule makers don't do anything about. I suspect it's one of those things that gets put on the "too difficult" pile especially as to start to unwind it now will be fraught with danger. Western Europe might be one place to tackle it, but can you imagine if the officials tried it on at a Galatasaty v Fenerbache game or in South America.

I suspect they would have to begin slowly but it would take time.

A few years back some of us were having a chat about refs stamping down on the berating refs just after the incident when all the Man Utd players got in Andy D'ursos face. Had he the balls he should have started carding them from the off and see who wanted the first red. The other suggestion was that the refs union or whatever it is, should have downed tools until the club's agreed to clamp down on it. The thinking was that it wouldn't take too long with no televised games ongoing before Sky started to feel the advertising pinch and sent word down to sort it.

Always felt shielding the ball out like that was obstruction. Half the time even if they're not touching it, it's not within playing distance.

Cloughie always had the answer to that problem Andrew. Fine the managers. He used to use Ferguson as the example saying the tight old git would soon put a stop to it if he was getting hit in the pocket.

He'd have had a field day on telly these days as a pundit calling all the bullshit.

This could prove interesting if the refs have got the balls to implement it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36844570

Think we all know the answer to that.

The bigger clubs players will get away with it still whilst refs will be seen to be adhering to these new rules by punishing players from smaller clubs.

Not quite sure about which one player gets booked if two or more players argue with the ref?

Think we all know the answer to that.

The bigger clubs players will get away with it still whilst refs will be seen to be adhering to these new rules by punishing players from smaller clubs.

Not quite sure about which one player gets booked if two or more players argue with the ref?

They'll probably do what they always do and decide they're going to start with amateur and kid's teams and work up to the professional leagues, this side of never.

I hate Arsenal with a passion. Everybody says that's the right way to run a club but if having the highest priced season tickets, highest priced match day tickets, highest priced food etc in the world and winning two trophies in 11 years is the way to do things then fuck football. Arsene Wenger said at the end of the season he is going to bring in four world class players. The fans brought there season tickets and now they have said they cant compete financially. You sell the highest priced tickets in the world, if you cant compete don't charge the fans so much.

Manchester United come 8th in the highest ticket price league, they haven't sold the naming rights to their stadium and a hot dog and a drink there is £4 not £12 like the Emirates. How are you not competing with them?

Whilst saying they cant compete the public face of the club, the one who rationalises the lack of spending Arsene Wenger takes home an £8m a year salary and has shares in the club. It pays him to spend as little as possible while still making money.

I hate Arsenal with a passion. Everybody says that's the right way to run a club but if having the highest priced season tickets, highest priced match day tickets, highest priced food etc in the world and winning two trophies in 11 years is the way to do things then fuck football. Arsene Wenger said at the end of the season he is going to bring in four world class players. The fans brought there season tickets and now they have said they cant compete financially. You sell the highest priced tickets in the world, if you cant compete don't charge the fans so much.

Manchester United come 8th in the highest ticket price league, they haven't sold the naming rights to their stadium and a hot dog and a drink there is £4 not £12 like the Emirates. How are you not competing with them?

Whilst saying they cant compete the public face of the club, the one who rationalises the lack of spending Arsene Wenger takes home an £8m a year salary and has shares in the club. It pays him to spend as little as possible while still making money.

Don't blame Arsenal, blame the utter muglets that shell out each season. It's their fault.

Went down Eastleigh Tuesday night to watch a friendly v Barnet. End to end, Eastleigh won 3-2, they 40 real ales on from a beer festival held in the clubhouse saturday. How much? I'll tell you. A tenner for me & three boys.

Their under 10 season tickets work out at £1.73 a game. One division below the football league.

My s/t works out at £5.21 a pop for 23 games

Edited by i.k.s

Went down Eastleigh Tuesday night to watch a friendly v Barnet. End to end, Eastleigh won 3-2, they 40 real ales on from a beer festival held in the clubhouse saturday. How much? I'll tell you. A tenner for me & three boys.

Their under 10 season tickets work out at £1.73 a game. One division below the football league.

My s/t works out at £5.21 a pop for 23 games

I think non-league is the way forward. I'm coming back to England for a month in August and I've already decided that I'm not going to watch Forest. I've lived abroad for 11 years and this will be the first time that I've not bothered. Probably go to watch Basford United instead. Just don't have the passion for it anymore and I was a die-hard for 20 years when I lived in Nottingham.

A 4-1 win today v Northampton. Signed a player called Mikael Mandron who didn't make the grade at Sunderland. Jesus he's good.

At Forest, do you all pile in the club captains motor after the game and get dropped back at the boozer? None of that aloof bollocks here.