i.k.s

Reasons why you HATE the modern game...

What worries me more than even after looking at it he gave the pen

Surely he jumped with his back to the ball and it hit his arm? Is there any intent in that?

6 hours ago, E R said:

What worries me more than even after looking at it he gave the pen

Surely he jumped with his back to the ball and it hit his arm? Is there any intent in that?

He didn't jump with his back to the ball though Jamie.  His initial movement was facing the ball with his arm outstretched. He then turned , but couldn't get his arm in quick enough.

Penalty for me. Any defending player who sticks an arm out in front of the ball gets all he deserves.

Away end stewards. 99% of these idiots are simply craving for a left hook to the jaw.  What sad empty lives these wankers must lead. I got slung out of Chesterfield Saturday standing up for a fella in his 60's who was getting chucked out for falling over celebrating a goal. He took a tumble over a 18 inch high boundary fence...we helped him up and these pricks grabbed him and started frogmarching him.out. Two of us stood in their way telling them they were out of order but they never fucking see reason do they. Next thing I've got a few more all over me...A mate gets the same treatment...he's pinned to the floor..im holding this big metal gate open while this little weakling is trying to close it...there's no way I'm getting the gate closed on me...then these coppers turn up and drag me off. Now I'm fucking fuming.  I'm getting question time off some midget in a stab proof..I told him I don't want to speak to him I want talk to his colleague who seems a more reasonable fella. Now he's got the hump. Anyway. .His colleague turns out to be a Forest supporter...so I'm set on my way..my mate who by now has stopped being sat on calls me over to go to the pub. As we're walking around the ground a couple of home fans are let out..so i say "s'cuse me" & wander in the home end and sit down.  Two minutes later our lot get the winner and like a numpty I'm the only one celebrating. ..i'm then greeted by the Forest copper who's laughing his tits off calling me a cheeky bugger and politely and courtesly encouraged me to leave. Yep fair do's I had no problem with that. After the game I find out the old boy who fell over was allowed to stop in ffs! So to summarise. .all this could've been avoided if the jumped up steward pricks hadn't gone way over the top in the first place with their ridiculous zero tolerance bollocks. 

Edited by i.k.s
  • Haha 2

I thought VAR was supposed to be used for correcting 'clear and obvious' errors, has that been abandoned now and they're just going to use it for everything?

First there was a clear Portugal penalty ruled out so they could give a really dubious one that the ref initially ignored at the other end, and then a goal in the women's game ruled out because soemone might have been half an inch offside. This isn't making things better is it?  I could live with it if it was to stop someone getting away with an obvious dive or a blatant red card foul not spotted but this is just stupid :thumbsdown_anim:

• Upvote 2

Something else about offside and VAR that annoys me is how on tv they'll show a still image of the incident and the commentator will go "It's close but he's just off" or whatever and everyone accepts that as the correct decision, but often that picture hasn't really proved anything.

Yes, he's in an offside position in that image but we can't clearly see the exact point the pass is made. Unless you can show a picture going frame by frame where we can see the exact moment the ball is passed at the same time as the defenders' positions it's meaningless. And often it's not even possible to see the point the ball is played and the position of the defenders from the same angle.

On sky they sometimes wheel out that thing where they freeze the picture and convert it into a 3D image and can then move all around it looking from any angle. Now, if they're using this every time then I suppose at least it's possible but I'm pretty sure they're not. At the World Cup we saw the picture VAR was using and it was just the same as the tv pictures with lines drawn on it. So not only is it annoying and intrusive, I'm not convinced it's even possible to measure offside with 100% accurately to such a small degree.

:thumbsdown_anim: