i.k.s

Reasons why you HATE the modern game...

Never EVER going to that soulless shell ever again unless we play them. Nine work colleagues sat there like church mice, along with 28,000 other home supporters who never made a squeak through the whole of the second half. I got in at half time when Saints were 2-3 down and their 'fans' never encouraged the team one bit. Wish to God I'd stayed in the pub.

As you guys have eloquently stated football today is nothing but a money game . It's all a load of old bollox when there's a competition called the Champions League but a club finishing 4th in their domestic league qualifies to play in it !!!. Not only that but to ensure that the gravy train keeps running if they fail to qualify for the later stages they are allowed to compete in the Europa league . Talk about self preservation and fuck all the other clubs that prop up the football pyramid !!. Then there's the academy system whereupon Cat1 clubs can steal the most promising talented youngsters from Cat 2,3 clubs paying only modest compensation in the process..

It's all about the big clubs feathering their own nests and fuck all the others .. And then there's that senile old **** running FIFA like his personal fifedom.... God give me strength , I've got to go to a quiet room for a quick rub down with the sporting life ....

As you guys have eloquently stated football today is nothing but a money game . It's all a load of old bollox when there's a competition called the Champions League but a club finishing 4th in their domestic league qualifies to play in it !!!. Not only that but to ensure that the gravy train keeps running if they fail to qualify for the later stages they are allowed to compete in the Europa league . Talk about self preservation and fuck all the other clubs that prop up the football pyramid !!. Then there's the academy system whereupon Cat1 clubs can steal the most promising talented youngsters from Cat 2,3 clubs paying only modest compensation in the process..

It's all about the big clubs feathering their own nests and fuck all the others .. And then there's that senile old **** running FIFA like his personal fifedom.... God give me strength , I've got to go to a quiet room for a quick rub down with the sporting life ....

Couldn't agree more. Has anyone had any interest in the UEFA Cup since they demeaned it like this? It used to be a prestigious competition.

Fucking bent referees. We've had at least one this season. That's not just a problem with the modern game but its magnified now with all the betting in the far east.

Fucking bent referees. We've had at least one this season. That's not just a problem with the modern game but its magnified now with all the betting in the far east.

Seen a few articles this season about the decline in standards in refffing especially in the Prem. One article (although I thought it a bit rich coming from Graham Poll) suggesting that a number of them are shocking and that the bloke at the top of the organisation has led the decline in those standards and that he and a number of others should go.

Some of it like you say though borders on something a lot worse than ineptitude.

That rugby tackle Buxton did right under the refs nose. The ref was perfectly positioned to give that & failed in his duty. They should be suspended for shit like that. Blatant ineptiude.

That's shocking. Scrotes like that should get hit with a hefty ban for stunts like that. It's these twats that have brought soft penalties etc into the game. They can't really bleat about refs making bad choices when these twats think that's an acceptable part of the game.

I hate the modern game because there are no heroes anymore

years ago I remember being in awe meeting Peter Shilton after a match. now they are just a bunch of silly boys who were probably bullied at school and rightly so in my opinion

The cheating last night in the Chelsea game. The cheating in the Man U game the other night. If that is elite level football these days you can shove it up your arse. They must practice conning the ref in training.

Just watching the Champioship show on Channel 5. At the end of the transfer window it's reckoned that the Championship saw £100m spent whilst Bundesliga 2 who came in second in the spending stakes only lashed out £25.5m.

What fucking piss take.

Despite the fact that he gets on my tits with his false status as Engalnd and Liverpool legend, Steven Gerard's autobiography might be interesting in parts.

Seems there's a section in it where he tells a story of 2010 under Capello. In it he reveals that players were moaning to him that they had to walk 50 yards to the massage rooms in the camp. Just serves to underline what I already think of these wankers.

Social media - from Sky Sports News and MOTD posting up player's twitter posts on telly to the cringey shit posted on 'Social media reaction' on a BBC Sport story.

Prime example is the Luke Shaw injury last night. The story seemed to be purely made up of posts on twitter from all and sundry. "Southampton FC have said this" "Jose Fonte has said that". Who really gives a fuck what these no-marks manage to say?

As for Chris Smalling..."Prayers are with you" I mean FFS. He's not dying.

Edited by Savo

:D That's true. I can't believe anyone is interested, and those who are will already be following them on Twitter anyway so the only people who are interested in the 'news' already know it. I wouldn't mind if it was interesting or controversial but Mark Noble tweeting "I'm happy with the win #2-1" is not worth reporting. Although if he tweets "Wish West Ham didn't sign so many blacks" or "I've been reading a few websites and I'm pretty sure the holocaust never happened #lies" then I'm happy for them mention it.

Maybe if SSN didn't ignore all the sports they don't have the right to show live they'd have enough proper news without having to resort to reporting bland statements of facts by halfwits.

On a positive note it was good to see Tony Pullis name and shame one of his own divers the other week. Most managers are too gutless to even do it to opposition players let alone their own.

Mickeys scrape past Carlisle.

Ingsy bang in form for 'em though. I reckon he will be their new shining star. I will speak to him in the week & remind him AGAIN what a massive twat he is playing for 'em & earning 60k a week in the process.

Mickeys scrape past Carlisle.

Ingsy bang in form for 'em though. I reckon he will be their new shining star. I will speak to him in the week & remind him AGAIN what a massive twat he is playing for 'em & earning 60k a week in the process.

Yep, he's a proper twat earning 60k a week Andy.

Good luck to him mate............I've a feeling he's gonna need it playing for that bunch of twats.

Yep, he's a proper twat earning 60k a week Andy.

Good luck to him mate............I've a feeling he's gonna need it playing for that bunch of twats.

I mean't 'twat', for playing for THEM Dane....keep up ffs. :lol:

See Jose has got that stadium ban now but personally think that the FA over reacts to these situations as he was only telling the truth about an incident not that he was beefing it up with exaggeration. Why can't managers give true reflections post match? Why should refs be protected even from verbal truths?

It's bloody ridiculous.

Manchester City being investigated and face a maximum fine of £100,000 because their fans booed the Champions League anthem. Throw bananas at black players and get£8000 fine. Disgusting.