i.k.s

Reasons why you HATE the modern game...

Safe Standing to be discussed in Parliament after 110,000 fans signed a petition.

I still don't understand why terraces were banned anyway.

Money.

There was a book around some years ago called Footballl Babylon that told a story that shortly before the all seater stadium decision a company started up to do football seating. Despite there being already establish seating companies with more experience, this company won the lions share of the contracts.

Oh and it appointed a number key FA officials as directors.

I think the story said it folded not too much later, just before several of the clubs had to have their new seating replaced by the firms who'd been doing it nor years.

The 2018 FA Cup winners will be remembered in 50 years. The 2018 Premier League runners up won't.

They will if they win the Champions League! :smile_anim:

They will if they win the Champions League! :smile_anim:

It's good that the Mancs won't win the Champions League next season then

I'll give women talking about the world cup at work, a miss

Thanks for the insight about your seven year old son's wallchart and how you have Japan in a sweepstake.

La Liga will be playing a game in the US. Only a matter of time until the Premier League revisits that 39th game shite.

The phrase 'the quarter back' role. What the hell is that? bringing up something from some awful obscure sport nobody gives a shit about to describe something happening in the most popular game in the World is just stupid. What's next, explaining Chelsea's new look by referencing polo or quidditch. Stop it :thumbsdown_anim:

I hate the way a number has defined a position.

For example when pundits talk about players being more of a 10 than a 9. Or is he a 7 or an 8? Ridiculous.

If you take 8 for instance, what does being an 8 mean? Are you Ian Wright, Andres Iniesta, Paul Gascoigne or Steven Gerrard?

The only outfield numbers that seemed to link a position were 2 for right back and 3 for left back but you never hear someone say “he’s a good number 3”. 

They do seem to be retrospectively allocating a meaning to shirt numbers that didn't really exist at the time. Pre-squad numbers the 8 would usually be a central midfielder but would be a Paul Ince just as much as a Paul Gascoigne.

Even the most used 'number ten position' isn't actually true is it? Not in English football anyway. I remember 9 and 10 just being allocated quite arbitrarily to the front two - At Forest Nigel was the playmaker type and wore 9, while the main striker was 10, the last year we wore proper shirt numbers (I think) Collymore was 10 and Bohinen(?) was 9. For england Beardsley was 9 and Lineker 10 etc.

Thinking about it I miss the regular 1-11 numbers. The way they were allocated added an extra bit character to each team For example Forest had the classic style while Liverpool's random individualist way made them look a bit twatish, which of course they were. And then the squad numbers added an extra unique feature to International tournaments. So there's another thing for the list - squad numbers in domestic football :thumbsdown_anim:

Barcelona Vs Girona to be played in the US. A Spanish league game being played not only in a different country but a different continent.

Premier League next.

• Upvote 1

Young un's at work looking at me in bewilderment when I tell them in conversation that I know absolutely fuck all about football from approximately 1999 & onwards, & neither do I care.zzzzzz

• Haha 1