Sign in to follow this  
Daz555

Best player at World Cup

Just post the player you think has shown themselves to be the best to date at this World Cup.

I'll start with:

Arjen Robben - different class against Spain.

Edited by Daz555

Just post the player you think has shown themselves to be the best to date at this World Cup.

I'll start with:

Arjen Robben - different class against Spain.

close thread mate tbh. He was a man possesed against Spain.

As i said, when you get players like Van persie and Robben on top top form and you cant finish your chances, then 5-1 is very easy on the cards.

Robben, Muller, Van Persie and Pirlo stand out performers so far.

Notable mentions to Oscar, Valbuena and Sterling

Edited by Savo

Aye. Still no-one looking better than Robben.

Neymar seems to be holding Brazil together though.

I've hardly watched it. That's totally down to players like Robben, and piss weak refereeing. Fuck the world cup. Load of old bollocks.

I agree with you there IKS.

I honestly do not give a shit who wins and have barely watched it because of players like Robben

Football these days is shit and I really hope my son likes Rugby Union or something as I would much prefer to watch Saracens or something then people who are trained in the art of diving and cheating that is now acceptable.

Robben has today admitted he dived for the first one and not the second (although I saw it and I think he clearly dived for both)

Ban him like Suarez and before long it will soon stop

Now pundits regularly say "you cannot "touch" someone in the penalty area" - WTF

If someone clatters them, trips them, pulls them down fair do's

But the softest of touch is not enough to make a man fall

And how come all the penalty box argie bargy before a corner never results in ANY fouls although it is the worst

Shit football played by cheating scum

I am encouraging my grandsons into sport. The 6 yr old is a bit of a tear arse so it's a spot of Queensbury's for him & his youngest brother when he gets old enough. The midle one is made out of pipecleaners, he can bend into any shape & has no fear so there's a local gym club where I'll be farming him off to. Feel so sorry for young un's like Slim who seriously think football is good.

I agree about the cheating and I have never liked Robben, he's a prick. Wearing his under 10s size shirts with the head of an 80 year old....

But on the whole this has been a cracking World Cup so far. Miles apart from the shitty African one 4 years ago.

If ever there was need for video referee's, it is after that absolute fuckwit that was in charge of the N.I v Switzerland game.