Sign in to follow this  
i.k.s

The official ''God I am dying'' & other illness's thread.

1 hour ago, E R said:

Them dentures can be tricky 👳‍♀️

Already got one of them from a fracas years back & had two front teeth volleyed out lol.

I had what I thought was a boil come up about Friday last week at the top of the crack of my arse near my tail bone. Anyway it hurt like a cunt when I sat down so Tuesday I went to the doctor who sent me to A&E. I thought they would lance it, plaster and bosh off home. Ended up in their since and just home after the best part of 2 days and had to have my first operation ever for what they called a Perirectal Abscess

i had to be put out under a general the lot. That was scary as hell as you have no concept you are out unlike sleep. You seemingly close your eyes and then open them 2 seconds later but hours have passed and you are in the recovery room. I woke up and said when they going to do the op. 

The worst of it is they basically have made a massive bullet hole and cleaned all the crap out but then they don’t stitch it they pack it out so it heels from the bottom out. The packing came out in the bath earlier and it is a big fucking gaping hole in my back like I have been shot. 

they signed me off for 2 weeks but fuck that I will be in Monday in am already bored shitless but it did give me one up and that op was scary as hell being knocked out like that 

Edited by E R

God please don’t let this come back I must say before the op that is the worst pain I have ever had 

26 minutes ago, E R said:

God please don’t let this come back I must say before the op that is the worst pain I have ever had 

Apparently reoccurrences are common. From what the Dr’s told me it’s caused by an ingrown hair that then becomes infected. The trouble is that the abscess can form some way away from the hair itself meaning that when they excavate the infection they can often miss the source of it. 

For it to reoccur 5 times seemed like particularly bad luck though. I remember once, whilst coming round from an op and still in a haze I began talking to the nurse about fucking Katrina & The Waves. She must have thought I’d taken a turn on the operating table. 

8 hours ago, E R said:

I had what I thought was a boil come up about Friday last week at the top of the crack of my arse near my tail bone. Anyway it hurt like a cunt when I sat down so Tuesday I went to the doctor who sent me to A&E. I thought they would lance it, plaster and bosh off home. Ended up in their since and just home after the best part of 2 days and had to have my first operation ever for what they called a Perirectal Abscess

i had to be put out under a general the lot. That was scary as hell as you have no concept you are out unlike sleep. You seemingly close your eyes and then open them 2 seconds later but hours have passed and you are in the recovery room. I woke up and said when they going to do the op. 

The worst of it is they basically have made a massive bullet hole and cleaned all the crap out but then they don’t stitch it they pack it out so it heels from the bottom out. The packing came out in the bath earlier and it is a big fucking gaping hole in my back like I have been shot. 

they signed me off for 2 weeks but fuck that I will be in Monday in am already bored shitless but it did give me one up and that op was scary as hell being knocked out like that 

My mate had that last year. His new nickname is "twin pipe".

Hope you're feeling better pal, I have a grave fear of generals.....

1 hour ago, Danny said:

Apparently reoccurrences are common. From what the Dr’s told me it’s caused by an ingrown hair that then becomes infected. The trouble is that the abscess can form some way away from the hair itself meaning that when they excavate the infection they can often miss the source of it. 

Yeah that is exactly as they explained it to me. Was yours always in the same place mate and you had to have 5 ops/general anaesthetics?

God that has shit me up even more. I had a bath this morning and noticed something poking out and it turned out to be about a metre of dressing packed in it. Honestly I felt like I was going to pass out half way through yanking it out. Am just at GP for a planned check now by the nurse but it seems all clean. 

10 minutes ago, Ben said:

My mate had that last year. His new nickname is "twin pipe".

Hope you're feeling better pal, I have a grave fear of generals.....

Ta mate. It is like nothing I have experienced before be it sleep, pissed sleep, drug sleep. It is like someone switches you off and then switches you back on again 2 hours later 

Have you ever had to have a general? 

1 hour ago, E R said:

Yeah that is exactly as they explained it to me. Was yours always in the same place mate and you had to have 5 ops/general anaesthetics?

God that has shit me up even more. I had a bath this morning and noticed something poking out and it turned out to be about a metre of dressing packed in it. Honestly I felt like I was going to pass out half way through yanking it out. Am just at GP for a planned check now by the nurse but it seems all clean. 

All 6 occurrences were in the exact same spot and all required surgery under general anaesthetic. As a result I’ve got a huge lump of scar tissue at the top of my arse/lower back. I was scheduled to go in for an operation to have a trench dug across my entire lower back to try root out the source but luckily on the last operation they seem to have located it and since then, about 18 months ago, it’s thankfully not come back. 

Regarding getting put to sleep, I used to love it. Coming round doped up on painkillers was a fantastic feeling. 

Edited by Danny

1 hour ago, E R said:

Ta mate. It is like nothing I have experienced before be it sleep, pissed sleep, drug sleep. It is like someone switches you off and then switches you back on again 2 hours later 

When I was a kid.....my eldest lad had grommets fitted a few months back. That was bad enough, I couldn't go down with him to watch.

Few of us on here are old enough to remember getting knocked out at the dentists.  Had that at least twice. Had three general anaesthetics since for broken leg ops. It's no big deal for me. 

On 8/31/2018 at 9:31 AM, E R said:

Jamie , a general anaesthetic is basically putting the patient into as near death state as possible only to subsequently try to revive them ..

I’ve got to have a stoma bag fitted in a couple of weeks. Still trying to persuade them to just give me local. I’ve been stabbed before and shot at but nothing scares me as much as thinking about put under. I don’t drink or do drugs because I hate not being in control of my actions so a general anaesthetic is scary as fuck to me. 

1 hour ago, bestwood_red! said:

I’ve got to have a stoma bag fitted in a couple of weeks. Still trying to persuade them to just give me local. I’ve been stabbed before and shot at but nothing scares me as much as thinking about put under. I don’t drink or do drugs because I hate not being in control of my actions so a general anaesthetic is scary as fuck to me. 

You have my attention Bestie...

I never liked the idea of being knocked out either.

2 hours ago, Charlie Cheswick said:

You have my attention Bestie...

I never liked the idea of being knocked out either.

A man was beating a woman up on Carlton Hill as I was driving from town one night. I pulled over to help, he was drunk as fuck and easy enough to handle I just pulled him off her and dragged him away. Next thing I hear is “get your hands off my boyfriend!” And this tiny woman is charging at me and throws a punch at my face. I instinctively put my arm up and she punched my arm and really hurt it. I thought to myself “that was a hard fucking punch I think she’s broke my arm” look down and there’s a knife sticking out my arm. Not a big one, about three inches long and half an inch wide but it was in up the handle. 

My friend I was with quickly grabbed her and pinned her down. Her drunk boyfriend was just sitting on the floor looking like he wished he could be anywhere else. The police came and she was a schizophrenic who was on all sorts of med as well as a shit load of alcohol and cocaine. She was sectioned and no real damage to my arm apart from a little scar. 

22 minutes ago, bestwood_red! said:

A man was beating a woman up on Carlton Hill as I was driving from town one night. I pulled over to help, he was drunk as fuck and easy enough to handle I just pulled him off her and dragged him away. Next thing I hear is “get your hands off my boyfriend!” And this tiny woman is charging at me and throws a punch at my face. I instinctively put my arm up and she punched my arm and really hurt it. I thought to myself “that was a hard fucking punch I think she’s broke my arm” look down and there’s a knife sticking out my arm. Not a big one, about three inches long and half an inch wide but it was in up the handle. 

My friend I was with quickly grabbed her and pinned her down. Her drunk boyfriend was just sitting on the floor looking like he wished he could be anywhere else. The police came and she was a schizophrenic who was on all sorts of med as well as a shit load of alcohol and cocaine. She was sectioned and no real damage to my arm apart from a little scar. 

Sounds a nightmare.  I went to help some woman in town once who looked like she was getting a beating and she turned out to be a loon too.  Didn't get stabbed though.

Edited by Charlie Cheswick

1 hour ago, bestwood_red! said:

It's a fairly common phenomenon. Similar happened to my dad, although mercifully he took a stiletto heel to the back of the head as opposed to being stabbed. He was in a restaurant, this couple started rowing, next thing he knows the bloke is stood over his wife, raining punches down on her. Like you, he did the decent thing and pulled the bloke away from her, restrained him until he calmed down. Next thing he hears is "****ing get off my husband" and a sharp pain to the back of his head - turns round to see the woman he saved moments earlier hitting him with with her stiletto heel! There's gratitude for you.

Edited by H-Block

Had a broken bottle shoved in me mooey years ago. Hvaing injections and stitches in the tip of my nose was a bundle of laughs.

Broke my lower leg in 2 places yesterday playing football. Thought I'd just badly sprained my ankle so kept putting off going to hospital. Finally went today and got the bad news. At least 6 weeks sat on my arse now it seems