Sign in to follow this  
i.k.s

The official ''God I am dying'' & other illness's thread.

Guinness is wonder stuff. If I feel a bit rough from the day before I sink a couple of pints of the black stuff and feel right as rain again.

My missus had a bottle a day when she was pregnant , never had another drink of it in 37 years

I think you can probably gather what sort of pain is en route when thinking about your teeth and the words root and canal in the same breath

Been bunged up with flu since middle of last week. Just starting to feel better and I get a fucking big abscess at the back right side of me gob. Fucking agony, and I sympathise with Art.

Is it just me, or is this flu getting harder to get rid of? I had the fucker early October and never really shook it off when it hit me again last week. I have a theory. It's all these fucking immigrants bringing different strains of flu virus to the UK, and our immune system can't handle it.

I think you can probably gather what sort of pain is en route when thinking about your teeth and the words root and canal in the same breath

Thanks for that. It was so painful when I first saw him that if he'd said "Easiest thing for me to do is just smack it out with this hammer" I'd just have gone "alright, let's do it". Anyway, got it in an hour, quite looking forward to it, I've not had it before and it's a dental classic B)

It was alright, took nearly two hours but it went by pretty fast. It looks a bit weird at the moment but the procedure was totally painless during and afterwards. I wouldn't go as far as to call it enjoyable but it was fine.

Only slight concern was there was some learner dentist type assisting and at the end he gave her a talk something like "make sure you protect the tongue, don't worry how the patient reacts, the priority is to avoid talking them to casualty to get their tongue stitched up" :ohno02: Made me feel like I'd had a narrow escape.

Edited by Art Vandelay

I had the same thing this time last year. I've honestly never known pain like it. I had to have a route canal and all that but in the summer when I was on holiday me tooth broke but broke up above my gum so I had to have it pulled. So anyway, the dentist starts pulling at my tooth and some of it broke off, then some more. After about 15-20 minutes I had sweat pouring off me and my dentist has lost it, he's stuttering and asking if I'm alright. The upshot of it was after another ten minutes of him stammering through the last bit he got out broke of and then he left one of the roots in. So far it hasn't jipped me and I'm in no rush to go back.

Hopefully your holds up Art :cool:

That sounds grim. I don't want to worry you but I'm pretty sure you went to one of those con men characters who bluffs a career in the medical profession with no qualifications or anything. If you were ever under general anesthetic you were almost certainly molested :(

There has been a bug gone through the house with the kids all sick and shitting everything, my mum got it when she visited, my missus and yesterday me. I literally couldn't move I felt so lethargic.

Oh well onwards and upwards

There has been a bug gone through the house with the kids all sick and shitting everything, my mum got it when she visited, my missus and yesterday me. I literally couldn't move I felt so lethargic.

Oh well onwards and upwards

At least you dropped a couple of dress sizes in time for Christmas though mate...

I did think that tbh curly - couple of days on just water is the perfect flush for the onslaught ha ha

I sunk 12 pints of Guinness saturday. Yesterday I didnt move from the sofa & sweated it out shaking at work this morning. Read on FB a lad I went to school with was found dead this morning. Time to alter my lifestyle I reckon. No more saturday all day sessions for this cat.

Feel like shit. Head cold and high temperature and all that. Barely slept tonight too. I'm not a good person to be around ill either as I'm either moaning or wanting something.

.......Hopefully your holds up Art :cool:

Well, some of it's come off. Going to see him today. Hope it goes better than yours did :unsure:

Well, it seems I'm having an onlay. Something to look forward to over Christmas. Although there was some good news as apparently I have very strong bones so that's some consolation....

Look what this forum will become if people don't start posting more. Me talking about my teeth :(

Sorry in advance for the graphic nature of this post.

I had an ace warming stew at work. Bird on the counter piled it right up.

Alas, I have been wet farting since 3 and now my balloon knot's like a dragons nostril.

Have you followed through yet Andy ??? Wet farts are one thing but the dreaded follow through well ........... :wink2:

No mate it wasn't that bad.

So I was at the dentist and something inappropriate happened. He put some music. Now this isn't unusual, he often has the radio on in the background. But this was his own CD.

Firstly it was shit. I don't know how to describe it, rap would be too complementary, maybe what they call R and B these days? Anyway it was awful, but more than that it was full of swearing and racially offensive lyrics. There were Fs, there were MFs, there were Ns. And not just the letters but the whole words. I'm not bothered personally but this isn't really approrprate for a dentist is it?

Been diagnosed with chronic sciatica , horrendous pain radiates from lower back down to right foot ,, Having an MRI scan and might have to go under the knife but am loath to do so , these orthopaedic boys are bloody butchers !!!!!

Just got back from the dentist so thought I'd report in, as is traditional. Just one thing to report - I spat water it all over myself. Just all over my own shoulder like some kind of idiot Mr Bean, never been to the dentist before, halfwit type character.

Went this morning, expecting root canal treatment. But suprisingly I was only in for a check up, which I thought was nice. Got to go back in Nov for three sittings while they rearrange my jaw. Cunts.