Adam

NFFC Rumours

Have heard that McCann, Jackson, Lichaj and Maloney are signing on Frees but I don't think Maloney will play for a non Prem team...

Need to get Sharp signed ASAP!

As in Shaun Maloney?

Have heard that McCann, Jackson, Lichaj and Maloney are signing on Frees but I don't think Maloney will play for a non Prem team...

Need to get Sharp signed ASAP!

Is that the same Eric Lichaj that is rumoured to be signing for Rosenberg in Norway ? .

I've seen somewhere that Richard dunne at villa has said he is leaving villa due to Paul lamberts preference to youth. He would be immense if we could get him in and would add valuable experience too, very unlikely I know.

Alex Geijo of Watford mentioned in the rags this morning. Looking first team football having been forced down the pecking order at Watford. Fee rumoured to be 500k.

There are many of our fans waiting for big things to happen this summer but I have a feeling that they are going to be disappointed. Unless we get a big cash injection from far east sponsors via stadium naming rights or shirt sponsorship, we will have very Little room to manoeuvre. Free signings on modest wages are the best we can hope for, unless we ship out a few high earners.

I don't see why people are expecting big money signings to be honest. I very much doubt that the three biggest spenders go up every year either.

Starting to see why a lot of people don't like Forest fans to be honest.

In reality, Fawaz cannot win, if he goes the route of shrewd free transfers and some well priced players, people will moan he has got no money, if he blows big cash then the anti arab money brigade will be on his case saying its not football anymore and others will pick one signing and scape goat him as a waste of money.

There has never been a more cringe worthy statement (although it doesn't happen much anymore) than we are all forest fans we should stick together etc, after years on forums and the influx of twitter most forest fans are complete moronic cunts.

Guest DeanoFletch7471

In reality, Fawaz cannot win, if he goes the route of shrewd free transfers and some well priced players, people will moan he has got no money, if he blows big cash then the anti arab money brigade will be on his case saying its not football anymore and others will pick one signing and scape goat him as a waste of money.

There has never been a more cringe worthy statement (although it doesn't happen much anymore) than we are all forest fans we should stick together etc, after years on forums and the influx of twitter most forest fans are complete moronic cunts.

. SPEAK FOR YOURSELF
  • Downvote 1

Guest DeanoFletch7471

Takes one to know one, as i'm sure you are well aware

:-) GFY!
  • Downvote 1

I could not agree more. i look at the forums/twitter etc and then the date on my computer....yep, its 4th June. YET, people are whinging that we havent signed any players and that we are being linked with free transfers and not top class expensive signings.

People are constantly critising Forest for never exploiting the free transfer market and when they do they are accused of having no money or ambition or both. If, come the end of the window we havent signed anyone then fair enough express concern. If all our rivals are signing the types of players that we should be signing then okay express some concern if you wish.

......but for god sake just give it some time. the window isnt even open. free transfers deals will come first as those players will be looking to get contracts asap. players under contract can wait and will have no need to sign for any club in a hurry. they will assess their options most likely when they return from thier holidays.

Finally, just because the daily mirror says we are in for a donkey 33 year old league 2 striker it does NOT mean that it is true every time so dont crticise the club for this, it is just mindless

Guest DeanoFletch7471

"Sterling on loan"? Malouda on a Free??

Nah... Reckon these rumours are a bit OTT even for Forest!:-/

A quiet Billy's a happy Billy.

So much sense being written here today.

Even if we sign a few donkeys, until they've shown themselves to still be donkeys after a few games in the Garibaldi, how can anyone say they won't come up good for us?

Plenty of our donkeys go on to be decent players elsewhere after all.

Today's Daily Mail linking us with a £ 1.3 mn move for Leicester midfielder Andy King .

Also saying that Dex might be sold to Huddersfield...

Does everyone remember forest fans calling Holt a league two donkey? And James Perch talentless and useless? Both play regular Premier League football and Holt should have been given an England call up.

Forest fans are not the smartest by any stretch.

Does everyone remember forest fans calling Holt a league two donkey? And James Perch talentless and useless? Both play regular Premier League football and Holt should have been given an England call up.

I think Perch is shit to be honest.

Holt always had the talent though, just never got a proper run up front.

Agreed Luke.

Didn't that clown Calderwood once play Holt at left back? I'm sure I recollect watching a game when this happened.

Yeah got to agree about Perch, I never rated him, but he's doing well at Newcastle.

Holt was player wide right a lot but whenever he was up front people were moaning they wanted Tyson and Agogo haha

Yeah got to agree about Perch, I never rated him, but he's doing well at Newcastle.

Holt was player wide right a lot but whenever he was up front people were moaning they wanted Tyson and Agogo haha

Forest fans just never seem to take to what appears to be big lumps up front.

Forest fans just never seem to take to what appears to be big lumps up front.

Oh I wouldn't say that Luke .... Lviv , Dane and I are rather partial to a couple of big lumps up front!!!! :smile_anim:

I think with FFP it is sensible business practice to be looking at free transfers. There are some very good players out of contract this summer. Years ago, free transfers were not of great quality - but that simply isn't the case anymore.

Why shell out massive money when you pick up good quality players for little, it makes sense. Anybody who claims we are lacking ambition if we were to bring in the likes of Ward and Jara because they are free are clearly cuckoo.

Having said the above, in reality there is really no such thing as a free transfer anyway. By the time you've paid signing on fees and agent fees plus inflated wages, it soon racks up.

I've heard various rumours (including some names recently - Kevin Doyle and Stephen Hunt from Wolves and Craig Dawson from WBA) like most others but in truth, very few people know anything and what is coming out is from other clubs and agents. Forest are trying to be water tight and the bit of info Natalie Jackson spoke about today is hardly ground breaking and the way Forest now probably like it.

Guest DeanoFletch7471

I rated Holt and we should never have sold him after we won promotion in 2008 and deserved an England call up in 2011/12 season but Perch, after his disastrous performance in 2010 Play Off, looked like a player who couldn't handle the big matches when it really mattered. Possibly, coz Newcastle haven't got a strong squad, is the reason he's playing regularly...

Of the many players linked I'm sure that at least one that signs will be classed as the club donkey... It seems traditional at Forest that we sign at least one a season!:-()

Guest DeanoFletch7471

Lotta talk on our loan move for Scott Sinclair happening this summer as it should have in January... Anyone else heard owt about it???

• Downvote 1