Adam

NFFC Rumours

Providing we're still in contention for a top 6 finish I doubt that EM will sell any of our better players in January .  Indeed , I fully expect us to strengthen the squad with 2 or 3 quality players ..EM wants promotion pure and simple ..

I like Matty but anything at 12 million or above should be taken and invested in a striker as we have a couple of right backs who can cover and only 1 player seemingly who can score goals 

Really like cashy, would be a shame to lose him as I think he will go on to have a much better career than the likes of Benny Osborn. He inevitably will leave though at some point to a bigger club than us. Think he offers a lot in our team at the moment and we probably have extra affinity to him because he has put the time in from being a young fringe player to one of first names on team sheet.

Is he irreplaceable though? No especially for the likes of 12-15m could and should easily be replaced with our new scouting team and additionally it also puts some extra funds towards a striker.

If the summer is anything to go by we could probably replace him with an unknown foreigner for about £1m. Players in this country, particularly English players are so overpriced it's laughable.

10 hours ago, Thommo said:

£12m with Jenko waiting to come back I’d take all day. I’d spend it on Ollie Watkins. 

Jenkinson has made more than 20 appearances in a season just once in his career. He's 27. Have we not learned the lessons of relying on injury prone players? 

4 hours ago, A new man said:

Jenkinson has made more than 20 appearances in a season just once in his career. He's 27. Have we not learned the lessons of relying on injury prone players? 

That maybe but if we lost Grabban we are fucked and the season is over as it currently stands. 

you could easily loan a right back or spend a million on someone as cover for Jenkinson or even give Ribeiro a go there. Sure some kid coming through could play there as well 

if selling Cash got someone like Gayle or even someone like Johnson from Preston who looks good then it is a no brainier for me 

probably sign some fucker from the French second division though for about a million quid 🙄

How many competent Wing-Backs or Full Backs has this Club owned in the last decade? Only a few including the versatile Eric Lichaj. Unless the player wants to leave, or the club has a financial requirement why sell? Matty Cash has bought another dimension to defence and attack which the team solely has lacked. He is dependent, reliable, highly skilled, settled and is still improving. If this club has the audacity and inclination to attempt automatic promotion Nottingham Forest must somehow keep this squad together and strengthen key areas. Past instances show selling our key assets, then buying a cheaper replacement has usually failed.

If and big if, he wants to leave then Everton and other Premiership clubs are going to have to break our transfer record. Then negotiations must include a sell-on clause, like we did previously.

Newcastle the latest club to be linked with Worrall.
I have no problem with losing the likes of Worrall and Cash............ as long as a) the price is right, and b) we invest the money in quality replacements.

I might have changed my mind about Cash and that we should at least keep him to the end of the season now he has signed a new deal but if we get a 20 million bid in the summer he will be gone if we don’t go up

Worrall is a good player but again we have Dawson and Chema who can play there as well as Robinson. I don’t want to see the lad go as he loves the club but if it finances another proven top forward coming in then it is a risk worth taking as I am pretty sure Grabban hasn’t had an injury free season in his life and if we lose him for any significant period then the game is up this year 

Edited by E R

I think we can afford to get a decent striker without having to sell. The money for Osborn and Appiah was decent and heaven knows what was made from the dodgy deals (undisclosed)  for Ansarifard, Soudani and Guedioura. Squad size has also been trimmed so we should be OK as far as FFP goes. Selling off our best youngsters over the last two decades hasn't really gone that well. 

Even if there was a lot of interest, I'd keep Worrall and Cash until the summer, let's not weaken the squad and have a go.

We should also gamble and sign another forward, I don't particularly like Gayle, but it's hard to argue with his record on the championship.

If we do need a bit of cash to fund it, then we have a few who could be moved on. Yacob, Benalouane and Pantilimon will be on a decent wage, and would probably have suitors. 

On 12/3/2019 at 4:46 PM, darcy said:

jesus christ, i really hope thats a smoke screen!! 

Hate that term "smoke screen". We're not special forces trying to extract hostages.

1 hour ago, Ben said:

Hate that term "smoke screen". We're not special forces trying to extract hostages.

Sorry this offended you 🙄

1 hour ago, Ben said:

Where did I say I was offended? 

Sorry this "bothered" you