Adam

NFFC Rumours

1 hour ago, Thommo said:

Wonder if one of those is Carvalho

I’d expect so. Maybe Yacob too. 

Benalouane linked too, which I think would be a real shame

I don’t expect Carvalho to be one of those . His popularity makes him a fans favourite and is possibly our only flair player . MON would be sending out the wrong signal if he sanctioned this move ..

Why get rid of Yacob? If we don't get Colback, Yacob  would be a shoe in.

Strange decision by the club.........if true.

Rather than flog our better players, let's try getting some of the shit off the wage bill.

1 hour ago, Daz said:

Benalouane linked too, which I think would be a real shame

Really?  I thought he was shite.

Milosevic and Figuerido are the ones we need to keep hold of.

57 minutes ago, Dane B said:

Why get rid of Yacob? If we don't get Colback, Yacob  would be a shoe in.

Strange decision by the club.........if true.

Rather than flog our better players, let's try getting some of the shit off the wage bill.

Im sure they are, the problem is you actually need a team to want to take them and their wages on. Yacob and Benalouane could both probably do a job in the Greek league which is why I wouldn't be surprised if they left for "undisclosed fees" to help our own budget. I guess we can only judge once the window has closed and we know exactly who has come in and gone out, but I can't imagine us losing both Yacob and Colback and not signing someone.

39 minutes ago, GupiRed2 said:

Im sure they are, the problem is you actually need a team to want to take them and their wages on. 

We did. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Dane B said:

We did. 

When I used to play Football Manager, I'd take a second team on to take the shit I bought off my hands.  Usually the Scousers.  Those cunts were full of players like Danny Sonner and 'Three Lungs' Holt.  

Edited by Charlie Cheswick

Is there any ruling over transfers from one club to another if owned by the same owner.

Could marinakis theoretically buy soudani for olympiacos for (£20m - undisclosed fee)? Or do they have to like justify the bid to a football financial board or something?

Is there also a limit on how many players can be offloaded to the other team?

Edited by Ricknffc

I'm pretty certain there are rules. Within reason there is a 'market value'. The same applies to sponsorship hence why Fawaz couldn't just sponsor us for £50m a year

7 hours ago, Savo said:

I'm pretty certain there are rules. Within reason there is a 'market value'. The same applies to sponsorship hence why Fawaz couldn't just sponsor us for £50m a year

correct

24 minutes ago, darcy said:

correct

Judging by Derbys interpretation of this rule when selling their stadium it doesn’t seem as if anyone enforces this rule too harshly. Get Olympiacos to buy Watson for £40 million and we’ll be sorted. 

Instead of involving other teams in a scam we could always try and get round FFP regulations by not signing up a load of players we don't need every year and having a wage bill at least 50% higher than it needs to be? Just an idea....

Edited by Art Vandelay

17 hours ago, Danny said:

Judging by Derbys interpretation of this rule when selling their stadium it doesn’t seem as if anyone enforces this rule too harshly. Get Olympiacos to buy Watson for £40 million and we’ll be sorted. 

Be interesting to see what happens with the stadium. How do they buy it back? Maybe old Mel won’t want to give it back. 

Edited by nottmred

1 hour ago, nottmred said:

Be interesting to see what happens with the stadium. How do they buy it back? Maybe old Mel won’t want to give it back. 

He said when he muted a sale last season that he'd wish to retain the stadium and the land whether he's the owner of the club or not.

Interesting that a valuation of £40mn was placed on the shit hole but I believe mad Mel paid £80mn .....,, Think this was what irked Steve Gibson so much !.

When you think our plans for stadium redevelopment will cost £100mn plus it shows what a Shiite area their stadium is in ...

Worrall to Newcastle in January rumoured. 

He's been good this season, but I know a few fans on here regretted not selling him to Burnley for 12m a few years back.

If we got a similar offer would you sell?

No , not if we have serious ambitions of getting promoted ..  Of course the picture might be skewed if they were to include Dwight Gayle in the deal plus say £ 20mn .....

Not for 12 million. He's really settled in nicely this season and seems to have matured, cutting out the stupid mistakes that he made in previous seasons.