Adam

NFFC Rumours

To be fair he’s a very good player who averages well over 30 games a season and in today’s prices £2.5m isn’t bad. I was expecting us to spunk that Neil Danns or Darren Pratley. 

2.5m for 9 goals and 12 assists and consistent good performances could be one of the pieces to the jigsaw of having a shot at the £170m game. (Obviously he could still be a flop for us) I won't be against that signing. Just cos he will be 31 this year it isn't exactly a 'Watson' signing. As mentioned 2.5m isn't exactly record breaking.

If I was O'Neill I wouldn't be taking a minute off. Fuck going on holiday, pick the phone up and start seeing what deals we can put together and seeing which clubs want our tat

Fast, skilful, right footed, good delivery, plenty of Championship experience plus has quality stats over the last 2 seasons. He's exactly what we need right now and at a good price. Can you imagine him alongside Carvalho and Lolley. He could also be the perfect mentor to both our highly rated young wingers Mighton and Appiah given he's a key member of the Polish national side too. 

So rumours are villa are going to come in with a £10m bid for Lolley, phone should be answered with a little Irish chuckle then out straight back down. Obviously every player has a price. £10m is nowhere near the value of Lolley never mind the fact he is arguably our best player, villa have just got promoted and have cash to spend and the fact he would leave a huge void if he went. Like I said I say we say £20m and test their resolve. If he goes then £20m and good luck to him with boyhood club if he stays he says he's very happy as it is and we get to keep one of our best players that we will need next season.

So, we signed him for a bag of peanuts 18 months ago, and now we should ask £20m for him? 

It'll never happen mate. £10m tops, 7 or 8m more likely. 

Ask 20m to deter them, not to accept and if they say yes we will give u 20m then so be it. I do believe though that the way the transfer market goes £10m is too cheap. I think £15m isn't so farfetched for a player like Lolley these days.

Let's just hope nobody comes in for him, mate. I'd much rather he be starting next season with us.

I think he will give us one more season and go next if not. Unless someone comes in £15m+ then we has to go 

Edited by darcy

1 hour ago, Dane B said:

Let's just hope nobody comes in for him, mate. I'd much rather he be starting next season with us.

Me too pal.

I have no faith at all in Forest to do decent transfer business but even I don't think there's any way we'd even consider £3.6m. When he goes it'll be double figures surely.....

Villa will definitely sign someone to play on the right of their, otherwise pretty good, midfield but let's hope now they're promoted they set their sights higher than the Championship.......

Edited by Art Vandelay

I think Lolley will go to Villa. Someone tweeted that Lolley said he wants to stay at Forest but this was a tweet from a parody account. The real Lolley pointed out this was a parody.....hardly reassuring the fans here.

I think previously though a couple of months ago he was asked by journalist he was asked about his future. He said he has just signed a new deal is settled with family and house and loves the club. So yes this recent tweet is ridiculous but he has stated previously he didn't have any intentions of leaving.

Obviously a lot has happened since then, villa being promoted the obvious one so things could be different now.

We should refuse all offers. We always sell players for the 'right price' and in some cases we've done well out of it, but maybe this time we should show some ambition and keep Lolley (if Villa do come in that is) 

The lesson from Villa should be that they kept hold of Grealish after a big offer from spurs and asked him for one more season, it paid dividends... 

9 hours ago, Ricknffc said:

He said he has just signed a new deal is settled with family and house and loves the club. 

Course he does Rick 🙄 over the club he supported as a kid for a club he has played for 18 months.. 

if Villa come and offer double figures he’ll go. As supporters yes it’s rubbish but for a player we paid £500k for 18 months ago for £10 - £15 million it’s a great deal. 

Forest have always sold their best players, our trouble is of late, well since we sold Collymore, we haven't always improved ourselves with the cash.  I'm sure if we had a scouting system that scouted players this wouldn't be a problem.  

1 hour ago, Ian said:

Course he does Rick 🙄 over the club he supported as a kid for a club he has played for 18 months.. 

if Villa come and offer double figures he’ll go. As supporters yes it’s rubbish but for a player we paid £500k for 18 months ago for £10 - £15 million it’s a great deal. 

If forest offered me a deal and I was at another team I would be gone in a shot so there is no animosity towards Joe at all if it does end up with him going. It would be great if he could give us another season but I understand villa is a big pull. And at the end of the day if a player does want to go I don't think there is much use in standing in their way AS LONG AS it is a respectable fee. £10m doesn't cut it for me, yes great profit on a player we signed for 500k but this day and age £10m will get you a good championship player. Lolley is one of the better championship players out there. £15m+ at least. Harry Wilson appraently can go for £25m from Liverpool, yes he has a few more years ahead of him but is he that different from our Joe?

Only the club and Joe will know how he is really feeling about it all. Would be amazing if he put all rumours to bed and said I've just signed a new deal, am very happy at forest, I'm going nowhere but if he does go let's at least back villa into a bit of a corner and take em for all we can get

8 hours ago, Charlie Cheswick said:

Forest have always sold their best players, our trouble is of late, well since we sold Collymore, we haven't always improved ourselves with the cash.  I'm sure if we had a scouting system that scouted players this wouldn't be a problem.  

If we get £10m for Lolley, you can guarantee that Forest will buy 6 or 7 players with that money, rather than 1 or 2 decent players. Either that, or we'll spend it paying up contracts on some of the deadwood that we have amassed once again.

We need to try and hold on to him, and compliment him with a quality winger on the other side. But, if a Prem club come in for him, or any other of our players for that matter, they'll be gone, and to be honest, you couldn't blame them.

• Upvote 1

I like JL, I really do and on his day at championship level he's more than a handful.

However, he's never a prem player and I'd be amazed if anyone from that level came in for him.  If they did and it's a good deal then he's bound to want to go.

If anyone's going to come in for him I would think it might be one of the teams coming out of the prem with loads of dough.