Adam

NFFC Rumours

apparently we have approached Bournemouth about taking Begavic.

Would take him in a heart beat 

Apparently interested in Jack Bidwell from QPR on a free - decent left back and played 40 times this year 

35 minutes ago, nottmred said:

£1m fee and 35k a week is the asking price for Colback apparently. I’d snap him up like a shot personally.

Too expensive for me. For starters 35k a week in the championship is ludicrous but if that is the case nowadays then at this level for 35k a week I'm wanting a proper stand out player. Someone like Neves or Knockaert. Not Colback who O'Neill when he does decide to play him can't decide where. 

Besides we need to offload about £100k a week from the squad before we even think about signings. 

37 minutes ago, Savo said:

Too expensive for me. For starters 35k a week in the championship is ludicrous but if that is the case nowadays then at this level for 35k a week I'm wanting a proper stand out player. Someone like Neves or Knockaert. Not Colback who O'Neill when he does decide to play him can't decide where. 

Besides we need to offload about £100k a week from the squad before we even think about signings. 

same 

Forget him. Firstly, it's not just 35 grand a week because it's not like we have a shortage of players, that 35 grand is on top of whatever we'd be paying Guedioura, Yacob, Bridcutt, Watson etc to not play. So we'd effectively be paying him about 100k a week :lol:

Secondly, to justify that kind of wage he needs to make the difference between midtable or challenging for the top two, is that Colback? Van Hooidonk instead of Neil Shipperly? Yes. Stan Collymore instead of Bob Rosario? Yes. Colback instead of whoever? Not so much.

Edited by Art Vandelay

Wanted Colback to be our first signing of the summer but not at £35k a week. If there's no wiggle room, it's time to look elsewhere. 

How much do you lot think Grabban is on... 

Probably about the same... 

I would take him personally. We know we need players out but it shouldn't stop us signing potentially the player of the year last season at a low transfer fee. 

• Downvote 1

4 hours ago, Ian said:

How much do you lot think Grabban is on... 

Probably about the same... 

I would take him personally. We know we need players out but it shouldn't stop us signing potentially the player of the year last season at a low transfer fee. 

That's a good point, when you add the transfer fee that was paid for Grabban. The deal must have been around the £11m, with a similar package for Colback likely to cost around £7m.

I actually prefer Yacob and Yates will improve this year. I wouldn’t mind Bridcutt getting a go under MON either. If Colback doesn’t take a pay cut then move on as I can’t imagine there will be a que of teams for his signature at that amount of wages. Would much rather we spent the money on Byram 

5 minutes ago, E R said:

I actually prefer Yacob and Yates will improve this year. I wouldn’t mind Bridcutt getting a go under MON either. If Colback doesn’t take a pay cut then move on as I can’t imagine there will be a que of teams for his signature at that amount of wages. Would much rather we spent the money on Byram 

You'd rather spend the money on a guy who is prone to injury rather than a guy who guarantees you 40+ games a season?

On 5/17/2019 at 6:11 PM, nottmred said:

£1m fee and 35k a week is the asking price for Colback apparently. I’d snap him up like a shot personally.

Isn't he out of contract? Why a fee? 

36 minutes ago, A new man said:

Isn't he out of contract? Why a fee? 

Not sure to be honest. I thought I read he had another year left though?

Just do it as a loan, pay the million and that amount of his wages, then we won't be stuck with him for four years on 35k a week or some other abomination of a deal that we usually strike up.

Edited by Charlie Cheswick

Tom Lockyer is a name that's doing the rounds. A Welsh right sided central defender that can also play in the RB position. Free agent after leaving brizzle rovers.

12 hours ago, Caz said:

Tom Lockyer is a name that's doing the rounds. A Welsh right sided central defender that can also play in the RB position. Free agent after leaving brizzle rovers.

dont think he is a free agent just wont sign a new deal? 

Nottingham Forest were monitoring the Rovers star last summer under Aitor Karanka, and had him as their fall-back option had they not signed Sam Byram from West Ham.

Almost 12 months on, the Reds have now been linked with a move for the 24-year-old as his contract comes to an end at the Memorial Ground, and he has confirmed his expected departure.

O'Neills recent meeting over the weekend with marinakis in Greece to me sounds like he is going to be backed heavily this summer. They discussed plans and the project. If the goalposts changed under karankas tenure and contributed to karanka leaving then the change of goalposts to going up in either this season which has passed or next season must mean we are surely going to go for it? O'Neill has 1 year now to try and get us in the prem and it sounds like marinakis is going to chuck all he can at achieving that. I think we might see some money spent this summer chaps. I think if we can't get certain players out we might be a bit cutthroat this time and just terminating contracts

Surprised if EM feels like backing MON as the lad he spent £13m on never played under him. Unless it's to bring in a load of Irish like McClean...