Adam

NFFC Rumours

21 hours ago, Ricknffc said:

So Birmingham than will have an immediate 9 point deduction

IF what I'm hearing is accurate then The EFL are going to crack down on clubs who've breached FFP rules . . Villa , The Wendies and the shaggers are being investigated .. Points deductions cannot be ruled out !!!!

On 3/22/2019 at 2:06 PM, Ricknffc said:

So Birmingham than will have an immediate 9 point deduction

Piss poor punishment. No embargo and whats the point of handing the deduction this season. They should have started on -9 next. 

18 hours ago, bryan said:

And Carvalho. Basically our only decent players. Lolley will be next.

If Carvalho goes to Olympiakos, EM should ensure that we at least get our £13m back.

I think that was always the case with Carvalho. He was supposed to have a great season and then move across to Olympiakos for a much bigger fee to help our finances out. Hasn’t really worked out. 

Carvalho was never a long term project, he'll move for a profit. I'd be more interested in the futures of Lolley & Colback, hoping that both will be here next season. 

As for Grabban, he's lost whatever edge he had through either lack of interest or a dislike for O'Neill and his methods. I'd put money on the latter.

I hope we've sounded out a new manager to take over when the final ball is kicked and that he is already working on transfers.

The Bolton players have gone on strike and refused to play unless they get paid. There might not be a final game after all

On 5/3/2019 at 7:24 PM, Ricknffc said:

Lolley says he has no intention of leaving 😀

Nonsense. If a big enough bid comes in from a Premier League club (or Villa) he'll be leaving.

Would love to keep him though. A real match-winner.

Been palmed off everywhere he's been and a battering ram in France's third tier.

Good God. Leave well alone

On 5/9/2019 at 10:46 AM, molymoly said:

This has just made me laugh "According to reports in France, Thioub has caught the eye of City Ground scouts".

What sort of fucking scouting network have we got in place.  Christ on a bike, you don't even have to see the bloke to know he's utter dog shit with the amount of clubs he's had.  Why would it be any different with us.  Utter twats.

Am I missing something?

He is young, a Senegalese international, first choice winger for a side who are 8th in the French top league.

I haven't seen him play so can't say if he would be good or bad... but on the above, I wouldn't automatically assume he is shit.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Daz said:

Am I missing something?

He is young, a Senegalese international, first choice winger for a side who are 8th in the French top league.

I haven't seen him play so can't say if he would be good or bad... but on the above, I wouldn't automatically assume he is shit.

I think it's this bit:

His impressive youth performances earned him a move to the south coast with Nice where he would make his debut, but the four-time French champions were left unimpressed with his development and after two appearances for the first team decided not to offer him a professional contract

He was then picked up by Guingamp who sent him immediately on a season-long loan with lower league side, Bastia.

The 23-year-old scored six in 31 games in the French third division, earning him a permanent move to Ligue 2 with Nimes.

So far this season the striker, who is often deployed out wide, has scored three goals in 36 appearances

And so it begins... 

Until the season we're going to be linked with all these nobodies. Probably signing half of them. 

A squad size of less than 45 and we can kiss goodbye to promotion next year. We could do with at least 4 senior players for each position. Preferably all on big money as that must mean they're good. I'd be particularly interested in any players that have suffered career-threatening injuries recently. 

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Inca said:

I think it's this bit:

His impressive youth performances earned him a move to the south coast with Nice where he would make his debut, but the four-time French champions were left unimpressed with his development and after two appearances for the first team decided not to offer him a professional contract

He was then picked up by Guingamp who sent him immediately on a season-long loan with lower league side, Bastia.

The 23-year-old scored six in 31 games in the French third division, earning him a permanent move to Ligue 2 with Nimes.

So far this season the striker, who is often deployed out wide, has scored three goals in 36 appearances

That says more about journalist incompetence than anything else. In two seasons at Nimes he's been a regular in the side which got promoted and is 8th in the top flight. Why isnt that mentioned? 

As I say, I have no idea what hes like but wouldn't assume the worst based on the Nottingham Post's "reporting" 

5 hours ago, Inca said:

I think it's this bit:

It basically describes a Senegalese Brereton

Weren't Mahrez and Kante picked up from the French 2nd division. He's a regular for a newly promoted side which finished 8th, Im sure we were linked with him in Jan too so at least some scouting has been done on him.

If he's been scouted by someone O'Neill's brough in then who knows, but if he's been scouted by whichever dopes have been scouting for Forest for the last few seasons then I'd write him off now....