Adam

NFFC Rumours

1 hour ago, Danish Red said:

They just keep coming in ... have we managed to send anyone out yet?

Clough - Rochdale 

Cummings - Luton

Gomis - Notts

Ward - Should be a free agent by 11pm

1 hour ago, Caz said:

Molla Wague the next announcement?

🤔🤔🤔

Wague is indeed our 3rd signing of the day.

That's a CB, CM and CF

Seen somewhere that he’s our 21st signing this season. Surely not?

Edit: just checked and it’s true. If anything displays the chaotic nature of this club it’s that. 

Edited by Danny

Should have sent Cummings to Notts,

Him and Hardy would have made a right pair. 😂

22 minutes ago, Caz said:

Wague is indeed our 3rd signing of the day.

That's a CB, CM and CF

But won't be confirmed until tomorrow. And full backs??

59 minutes ago, Caz said:

Clough - Rochdale 

Cummings - Luton

Gomis - Notts

Ward - Should be a free agent by 11pm

Clough and Cummings back with us though.

2 minutes ago, Redman said:

Been a pretty shit window hasn't it?

It's hardly been a show of support for our new management team. None of the signings seem like MON choices to me and if it gets to April and we even have a sniff of play offs I'll be shocked. 

• Upvote 1

Clough rejoins Rochdale on loan. Seems odd as he didn't really play in the previous spell but another one off the books

21 minutes ago, Redman said:

Been a pretty shit window hasn't it?

It’s been shite. A load of journeymen who have barely played and of little obvious quality. I would bet anything that none of these are O’Neills signings. If any of this rammel come good it’ll be more by luck than judgement. 

• Upvote 1

Nixon suggesting that there’s a bit of an interesting story about the Osborn / McClean deal. I am delighted that we didn’t sign him. 

To be honest we haven’t spent money so that is the one thing that pleases me 

My initial thoughts are a little underwhelmed

Wague has journeyman written all over him. He'll probably play half a dozen games before being quietly dropped and banished to the reserves once our injury list gets better

Bonatini, maybe I was being harsh earlier, he plays as a deeper striker, more of a number 10 really, he is a bit slow but might be a good foil for Grabban, Cash and Lolley. I'm just not expecting fireworks. 

Pele, time will tell, I certainly wouldn't have said central midfield was an area that needed strengthening. Will be keen to see if he is an improvement on what we already have or just more of the same

Milosevic is at the ground to become our 5th window signing. 

Got to give these guys a chance. I was critical on the signing of Benalouane, yet he's been one of the better players on the pitch over the past two games. 

Our defence has been pretty poor all season. These new guys give us a chance to strengthen up at the back. personally I don't think it will be hard to find better than the likes of Darikwa and Fox. The guy up front with Grabban would be interesting. I'd still like to see Carvalho have a part to play though. 

Hoping Milo has something about him. Would love to see him form an old-school no nonsense central defensive partnership with Benolouane, for the remainder of the season.

The owner may want promotion this season but with some of you being massively disappointed that we've not spent another 5-10m this window I would say I think he's done the right thing. 

Whats the point in giving MON a big spend when it's highly likely he will be gone in the summer if we don't finish top 6. 

Weve made a few potentially Decent additions, we've got a good squad. Let's see how we do and re assess in summer I say 

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, brooksy said:

The owner may want promotion this season but with some of you being massively disappointed that we've not spent another 5-10m this window I would say I think he's done the right thing. 

Whats the point in giving MON a big spend when it's highly likely he will be gone in the summer if we don't finish top 6. 

Weve made a few potentially Decent additions, we've got a good squad. Let's see how we do and re assess in summer I say 

The voice of reason !.

• Downvote 1

21 hours ago, E R said:

To be honest we haven’t spent money so that is the one thing that pleases me 

Loans aren’t free you know......

Im quite happy with that window if Im honest. Our attack and midfield were pretty decent for this division to begin with, the defence was the issue. We signed Benalouane who looks to be a decent signing going off his first 2 games, Milosevic who has been compared to as very similar in physical style to Pontus Jansson and Wague (Cant comment too much on him but has clearly been identified by the recruitment team). All 3 look like units, so should give that backline a bit of presense and just as important for me allows Robinson to return to left back.

Pele is another who comes with a high pedigree having only moved in the summer for close to 10m. Was a key player in the Rio Ave side which finished 5th last season and in the Europa League spots. Jardim also has an eye for a player too. 

Bonatini was a key part of the Wolves side that went up, won't need any introduction to the Championship and I can actually see him doing very well here, he has an option to buy at the end of his loan to, so will be keen to impress.

It may not work out, I am forever the optimist, but we have a competitive squad for sure and if MON and Keane can get the best out of this squad, there is no reason why a push for the top 6 isn't possible. 

14 hours ago, Ian said:

Loans aren’t free you know......

I doubt we have paid a fee on ours - I see Derby got Andy King who was our number 1 target 

This bloke is another Fawaz I am convinced - we never attract the better players so their has to be a reason we are getting out of contract 30 somethings and that is he no longer wants to pay the money. Next summer you will see - loans and ne’er do wells and this time next year he will be looking to offload the club