Adam

NFFC Rumours

For me I like the idea as he might give a few bollockings out providing our precious snowflakes can take it.

What would worry me is the fact that our no2 is more high-profile than the manager and it may provide a sideshow. Keane shouldn't be doing press conferences for example or training ground interviews. I wouldn't have known who Karanka's assistant was if I walked past him in the street and don't even know his name.

Yep I think its a cracking appointment. O'Neill has worked with him closely now for a number of years so knows exactly what Keane brings to the table. He has his own ties to the club and is a winner. With O'Neill and Keane at the helm you'd expect at least 100% effort each game as opposed to performances like that vs Reading.

Keane himself has taken a team into the Prem from the Championship so will know what it takes, won't be a yes man to the gaffer and will voice his opinions, plus out of all the pundits Ive seen on the box, he is by far the best. Talks complete sense, but very serious and assured. Good luck to them both,

It's just dawned on me that the window closes in 3 days...where did that go?! :lol:

We need to pull our fingers out. I doubt MON would be here if there were no assurances that we would spend. 

1 hour ago, Savo said:

It's just dawned on me that the window closes in 3 days

Nothing gets past you Savo. 

😂😂😂

• Haha 1

Fucking hell - we get a 30 year old sick note IRA supporter and they get a player who has not missed a game for us for 3 years who can play in about 4 positions who gives his all every match. I would keep Osborn personally 

Edited by E R

So far today;

Kevin McDonald - possible...but lots of competition for his signature.

Mings - hefty loan fee wanted. West Brom in pole position. 

McClean - rumoured swap with Osborn. It's all bollocks, although I think Osborn wants out of the club for regular first team football. 

Blackett - replacement for Wigan bound Fox. Not good enough. Would be a downgrade. 

Usual surplus shit by the sound of things to add to the massive bloated squad. I will bet we do not get McDonald or Mings

Osborn is a funny one. His best position is in the number 10 Imo but he's not going to get a start there. He isn't in the top bracket for wingers nor is he for lbs so when we have a relatively fit squad he won't play. I think he wants out, especially as he is seen as a bit of a scapegoat. 

McDonald, Mings and McClean would represent excellent business, but I get the feeling we've left it all a bit late.

Bouremouth want £1m for Mings loan. 

Suits Villa, who might load up and go for it.

Loan approach made for Sam Gallagher (23 year old striker at Southampton). Swansea also interested. 

5 minutes ago, Thommo said:

Caz, are you from Sky Sports news? Are you Richard Keys in disguise? 

Have you ever seen us both in the same room? 🤔

Just now, Caz said:

Have you ever seen us both in the same room? 🤔

I knew it!!! Do you shave your hands to stay undercover or just veet them in the shower? 

£1m for Mings for six months is a joke, I hope we don't do that. 

That Sam Gallagher has been injured hasn't he? Either way didnt know too much about him ... words like "big and strong" were used when I googled him. 

That Monaco lad looks like a defensive midfielder? If he his that would be the one position I wouldnt get anyone in for. 

Surprised we're not in for any wingers other than McClean. 

4 minutes ago, Thommo said:

I knew it!!! Do you shave your hands to stay undercover or just veet them in the shower? 

£1m for Mings for six months is a joke, I hope we don't do that. 

That Sam Gallagher has been injured hasn't he? Either way didnt know too much about him ... words like "big and strong" were used when I googled him. 

That Monaco lad looks like a defensive midfielder? If he his that would be the one position I wouldnt get anyone in for. 

Surprised we're not in for any wingers other than McClean. 

Colback is going to be out for 2 games and may not sign on a permanent in the summer, so I can see sense in the Pelé move. It's rumoured to be a loan with a permanent in the summer.

As for the other potential loans, sadly, the only players available for loan in January are those that clubs either don't want or that want a club to help nurse their own players back to full fitness. I'd take Mings, if we got the games out of him and it pushes us into the playoffs. 

Would be more than happy with getting McDonald on a permanent deal. 

And it looks like our loan offer for Mings has been accepted. 

21 minutes ago, Caz said:

Loan approach made for Sam Gallagher (23 year old striker at Southampton). Swansea also interested. 

I'd use the term "striker" very loosely Caz. 

6 goals in 23 starts and 10 sub appearances for Brum last season.