Adam

NFFC Rumours

22 minutes ago, Random Task said:

What i find amusing is that in January 2012 we decided that Wes Morgan was no longer required and sold him to Leicester... fast forward 7 years and we are signing the guy Wes is still keeping out of their team :)

Wasn’t it more a case that Morgan wanted to leave as opposed to us getting rid?

People forget we are in the Championship, so what if he cant it in the Prem, the standard down here is a lot worse. Put it this way, people think Danny Fox is a decent CB at this level. 

We tried to get Worrall, Rangers rejected so we've acted quickly to get someone in. As I said before, I doubt MON would come if there wasn't money, Marinakis has made it clear he wants top 6, infact so far he's broken our transfer record twice to try and get it, every journalist has pretty much said there is money to spend and we've brought in a head of recruitment last month. Lets see where we are after this window before comparing Marinakis with Fawaz. 

12 minutes ago, Danny said:

I thought we had to sell Wes to keep us going financially.

• Like 1

This is a weird signing. Can't call it a stop gap signing, 18 months isn't a stop gap. Has hardly played for 2 years yet he looks set to be in our team on Saturday. 

So that's Dawson (too old), Hefele (shit), now this geezer. 3 players that are dragging a wage till the end of NEXT season. Those combined wages could have paid for a quality defender. 

QUALITY, NOT QUANTITY, FOREST YOU THICK TWATS. 

5 hours ago, E R said:

Why not use the loan market like other teams do rather than signing another no hoper? I will give it 5 games and revisit this thread but this bloke is another dud or he would have gone looking for regular football long before now. Surely he will need 3 or 4 games to get match fit after not playing competitive football for years 

I would rather lose tomorrow and take our time and get someone in who can add value to the team than a knee jerk reaction that is costing a 1 million fee and probably half a million in wages. Do you know we could have recalled Worrall up to the 7th January but no one bothered too? 

I'd be surprised if he plays five games for us.

From the looks of things this chap is an old fashioned " stopper " , heads it , kicks it and likes a tackle ..  In view of our current crisis with injuries / suspensions he is filling a gap in the side . If MON thinks he's going to help us then who am I to criticise especially given the fact that he's still to kick a ball for us ....

4 minutes ago, colin said:

From the looks of things this chap is an old fashioned " stopper " , heads it , kicks it and likes a tackle ..  In view of our current crisis with injuries / suspensions he is filling a gap in the side . If MON thinks he's going to help us then who am I to criticise especially given the fact that he's still to kick a ball for us ....

This signing tells me dawson is out for longer than we think,hefs not good enough and fox is still carrying a injury..

13 minutes ago, colin said:

Not sure how you’ve discerned that Colin considering the lump has been sat on his arse for 2 years. I doubt O’Neill had much of a say on this deal either. He readily admitted he wasn’t all that familiar with our squad so can’t see him keeping abreast of Leicester’s stiffs. 

1 minute ago, Danny said:

Not sure how you’ve discerned that Colin considering the lump has been sat on his arse for 2 years. I doubt O’Neill had much of a say on this deal either. He readily admitted he wasn’t all that familiar with our squad so can’t see him keeping abreast of Leicester’s stiffs. 

Quite simple really Danny he's got a book of contacts and made a few phone calls ... As I say , the jury's out and only time will tell ........

48 minutes ago, David said:

One to sell to Olympiakos at the end of the season? 

Yeah on his slow return to his native land tunisia

Hugo Cuypers is a name doing the rounds on Twitter. He's a 21 year old Belgian striker that is currently playing in Greece.

Likely a signing for U23 side initially. 

James McLean from Stoke. Apparently. 

A very popular figure by all accounts

5 minutes ago, Redman said:

Stoke paid £5m for him last July. 

Thing is Steve, do we really need more midfielders? 

13 minutes ago, Redman said:

Apparently big mates with O’Neill. 

6 minutes ago, Danny said:

Apparently big mates with O’Neill. 

And a regular in Stoke's first team. 

I think this is just lazy journalism. 

25 minutes ago, Dane B said:

Stoke paid £5m for him last July. 

Thing is Steve, do we really need more midfielders? 

Would be a younger stronger Jamie ward

3 hours ago, colin said:

From the looks of things this chap is an old fashioned " stopper " , heads it , kicks it and likes a tackle ..  ....

Well that won’t work. Haven’t you heard? Tackling is illegal in the modern game.

51 minutes ago, Dane B said:

And a regular in Stoke's first team. 

I think this is just lazy journalism. 

Wouldn’t want the shithouse here anyway. 

20 minutes ago, i.k.s said:

I don’t mind him taking the stance he has but I could never cheer the cunt. I couldn’t imagine celebrating McLeans success next to my old man after he’s served 24 years in the army. Fuck that. 

5 hours ago, Danny said:

No 

1 hour ago, Redman said:

Does he wear a Poppy?.

• Haha 1