Adam

NFFC Rumours

6 hours ago, GupiRed2 said:

We have a game on Sat and our back 4 consists of Janko Robinson Yacob Osborn. O'Neill has been here a few days and we have a serious defensive issue. Its clearly a quick fix and I'd be shocked if we dont sign at least one more. We tried to recall Worrall, Rangers knocked us back so have got someone in quickly on a short term contract. 

The over reaction from fans really does make me laugh. If this guy allows Robinson to play left back, then thats a bonus to me.

I would rather stick with those 4 than get another bloodsucking ne’er do well on the books. If reports are right this fucker has an 18 month deal and is not on loan at all so he will be here all through MON’s time and he has barely played in years. If this is the level of player we are looking to bring in - we have no chance whatsoever of a top 6 finish, this time next year we will be sacking MON and the new owner is no better than Fawaz. Didn’t we just bring in a new bloke to help with recruitment? If this is his first find then he is fucking shit 

27 minutes ago, E R said:

Didn’t we just bring in a new bloke to help with recruitment? If this is his first find then he is fucking shit 

I recall Nixon on Twitter essentially saying that the reason this Anigo fella is here is to help get some serious signings over the line. How hard could this one have been though?

’you know that shit cunt who’s barely kicked a ball for you in 2 years? Big lad, useless? The one you’ve not even been arsed to register in your squad? Yea that’s the one. We’ll take him off your hands!’

Yeah I'd rather just muddle through with a makeshift defence than sign another leech for 18 months. 

He won’t be match for anyway. Let’s just hope it is bollocks or this or going to be another write off season. If this is the level of player Karanka was being force fed you can see why he jacked it in 

Edited by E R

Benalouane cost €8m not long ago and was putting in MOM performances against the likes of Athletico Madrid. Same age as Yacob and if it means playing others in their favoured positions then its a good move. The defenders must be out longer than first anticipated, MON needs a bit more time to assess what he really needs and this lad lives local and has both PL and CL experience. Cant see him being the only defender signed before the end of Jan but can see him helping us pick up points while others get fit/are signed.

There’s got to be a reason we can’t/won’t pay a fee. Have we over reached paying out a combined 25m for Figgy, Soudani, Grabban and Carvalho. We’ve had incoming cash but still the likes of Ward, Aryibi, Clough etc on the books. 

Who knows, either way he’s on an 18 month contract previously we’d hand out 4 year contracts at 10k to shit like this. 

I do have the feeling we are skint though. 

After reading so many comments about Benaloon being shit, anyone remember how Huddersfield fans told us how great Hef was? 

Edited by Thommo

1 minute ago, Thommo said:

There’s got to be a reason we can’t/won’t pay a fee. Have we over reached paying out a combined 25m for Figgy, Soudani, Grabban and Carvalho. We’ve had incoming cash but still the likes of Ward, Aryibi, Clough etc on the books. 

Who knows, either way he’s on an 18 month contract previously we’d hand out 4 year contracts at 10k to shit like this. 

I do have the feeling we are skint though. 

Manager has had 2 sessions with the squad, Im surprised we are seeing any signings a=this early to be honest. Like I said before, this is a bit of a quick fix due to our current situation. Im sure there will be more activity in the coming 2 weeks. Would MON have come if there was no money available, I highly doubt it. Every journo from Taylor to Percy to Henry Winter has said there is cash to spend so I highly doubt we are skint. I think with the Greeks now there is an expectation to spend millions with every signing otherwise we are skint. 

It’s just odd ... a lot of signings under Karanka were free. If there’s money to spend makes you wonder if they didn’t trust him a lot earlier. 

Time will tell about budget, would he have come if there’s no money? Yeah I think he would. From the press conference it sounded like it was last chance to manage us and maybe his last job 

Edited by Thommo

Why not use the loan market like other teams do rather than signing another no hoper? I will give it 5 games and revisit this thread but this bloke is another dud or he would have gone looking for regular football long before now. Surely he will need 3 or 4 games to get match fit after not playing competitive football for years 

I would rather lose tomorrow and take our time and get someone in who can add value to the team than a knee jerk reaction that is costing a 1 million fee and probably half a million in wages. Do you know we could have recalled Worrall up to the 7th January but no one bothered too? 

4 minutes ago, Thommo said:

It’s just odd ... a lot of signings under Karanka were free. If there’s money to spend makes you wonder if they didn’t trust him a lot earlier. 

Time will tell about budget, would he have come if there’s no money? Yeah I think he would. From the press conference it sounded like it was last chance to manage us and maybe his last job 

Honest I am wondering if Maranakis is another Fawaz and the club making signings the manager doesn’t want will not bring any success or progress especially looking at the level of player like Ansarifard and this clown.

Leeds are signing players from Real Madrid and we are signing players who make Winston Bogarde look like he gives a shit 

This is one of the reasons we piss away so much money by always having too many players  - we sign old knackered players so there are always a few injured, then when the injures hit at the same time just sign more people. The people we sign are past it and on relatively  long deals and the cycle continues. I only hope this is an O'Neil signing and not just some dope brought in without his knowledge.

I asked a Leicester fan about him last night and was told he is an "Absolute maniac".

18 minutes ago, E R said:

Honest I am wondering if Maranakis is another Fawaz and the club making signings the manager doesn’t want will not bring any success or progress especially looking at the level of player like Ansarifard and this clown.

Leeds are signing players from Real Madrid and we are signing players who make Winston Bogarde look like he gives a shit 

It’s a joke, isn’t it? This no-hoper is now going to be on the books for 18 months as no other club will be daft enough to offer him a contract. There’s usually two reasons why players have barely kicked a ball for 2 years; either they’re injured or they’re shite. This lad will be a knacker and adds to our already bloated squad. 

31 minutes ago, GupiRed2 said:

Manager has had 2 sessions with the squad, Im surprised we are seeing any signings a=this early to be honest. Like I said before, this is a bit of a quick fix due to our current situation.

The longer Marinakis is here the less confident I am that the manager has much say in who comes in. 

Also, a quick fix would be a loan deal, not signing another wage thief for 18 months. 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

This is one of the reasons we piss away so much money by always having too many players  - we sign old knackered players so there are always a few injured, then when the injures hit at the same time just sign more people. The people we sign are past it and on relatively  long deals and the cycle continues. I only hope this is an O'Neil signing and not just some dope brought in without his knowledge.

I asked a Leicester fan about him last night and was told he is an "Absolute maniac".

Sounds like a Roy Keane signing

35 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

An inert maniac - marvellous 🙄

27 minutes ago, E R said:

An inert maniac - marvellous 🙄

If he signs today can he be in the squad tomorrow or will we give him another week of malingering before he’s expected to put a shift in?

That lad hasn’t kicked a ball yet and there are folk skating him, got to love forest fans....hound out managers and players alike.

no wonder the club has done fuck all in years, have s look at yourselves before blaming managers and players

• Upvote 1

He hasn’t kicked a ball for 2 years mate - when you look at the loans Leeds and Derby bring in and factor in that our owner also owns Olympiacos why can’t we find better? I just question the ambition of a player who is so lazy he has sat around taking the money from his contract for 2 years despite not even being registered rather than go on loan and only now that his gravy train is nearly up as he moved to another bunch of mugs

As I say Bogarde mark 2 - he will be injured within 6 weeks for the rest of the season mark my words 

21 minutes ago, visa52 said:

That lad hasn’t kicked a ball yet and there are folk skating him, got to love forest fans....hound out managers and players alike.

no wonder the club has done fuck all in years, have s look at yourselves before blaming managers and players

Oh give over. Karanka was hardly hounded out with his name being chanted at every match. As for this centre half, he’s not kicked a ball for 2 years so you can hardly expect people to be bowled over by him signing. 

The reasons we’ve done fuck all for years is because we’ve had shit owners, shit managers and shit players. It’s had literally nothing to do with the fans. 

I can understand everyone's frustration and fears with a signing like this, but be'll be in a shirt with a Forest crest on it come Saturday, so I'll support him as I would any new player. New club, clean slate and we go from there.

If he has one barnstorming performance, gets man of the match and earns us three points, and then goes missing for the rest of the season, if those three points are the difference between promotion/playoffs, then it's job done as far as I'm concerned.

45 minutes ago, Danny said:

Oh give over. Karanka was hardly hounded out with his name being chanted at every match. As for this centre half, he’s not kicked a ball for 2 years so you can hardly expect people to be bowled over by him signing. 

The reasons we’ve done fuck all for years is because we’ve had shit owners, shit managers and shit players. It’s had literally nothing to do with the fans. 

No. It’s because you didn’t support them. Our collective will lifts them up to achieve more than their skill and ability at football ever could. I bet you don’t believe in God, Santa or the tooth fairy either. Heathen. 

🙂

What i find amusing is that in January 2012 we decided that Wes Morgan was no longer required and sold him to Leicester... fast forward 7 years and we are signing the guy Wes is still keeping out of their team :)

21 minutes ago, Random Task said:

What i find amusing is that in January 2012 we decided that Wes Morgan was no longer required and sold him to Leicester... fast forward 7 years and we are signing the guy Wes is still keeping out of their team :)

Slight correction, didn’t we have to sell him to keep the lights on? 

But I don’t think people shed much of a tear