Adam

NFFC Rumours

The agents of players without contracts are bound to be using the media to drum up interest. Free agents get snapped up quicker than players under contract so naturally we will try to get them done first.

Also just because a few people on twitter mention these players does not mean that we are not in for others that have not yet been speculated about. Equally we will not be in for half the players already mentioned

I'd say nothing to be worries about as long as they are good frees. There's a lot more freebies around (or so it seems) this year.

Bit about us being after Carlton Cole in the Post. Also mentions Simeon Jackson. Both on a free...should we be worried that all of our targets seem to be free agents?

Seems to be looking that way but this is only press story's again

Not from anyone I know with any credibility, but there are a few people on Twitter saying that BD & Fawaz are having their meeting about the 2013/2014 squad next week.

If it's true, hopefully that will spark some action in the pre-window transfer market and perhaps Billy can only window shop at the moment.

Chris McCann apparently coming in soon according to John Percy.

Isnt he a CM?

IMO he's a McKenna type player and the type that Billy likes to have in the team. It would be a good buy should the rumours prove true.

Don't know anything about McCann, so not sure what to make of that. Surely this will see at least one of Moussi, Greening and Gillett leaving.

I'd keep Greening out of those 3, the other 2 I'd ship out. And although we seem to have loads of midfielders we definitely need a better version of Gillett, someone more like a younger McKenna so if he is that type of player then perfect.

Guest DeanoFletch7471

I'd keep none of those three Tossers!

Greening has never been worth shit...

Moussi had one good season for us, then he should've gone...

Gillet has always been Crap!

Release all three NOW!

I like Greening, hes not the most gifted but hes an experienced head, he also played whilst needing knee surgery in Cotterils season because he wanted to help as much as possible.

I've got a gut feeling that Lewis will be on his bike , Gillett will be allowed to leave and possibly Greening also . That will create space for a couple of central midfielders .

No need to panic since most contracts run till the end of June...

I like Greening, hes not the most gifted but hes an experienced head, he also played whilst needing knee surgery in Cotterils season because he wanted to help as much as possible.

I thought that it was his ankle that was injured Mike...

Still nice sentiments you've expressed although I think Billy needs to put practicality before sentimentality and if that means making some harsh decisions then so be it!!. It's his neck on the block if he fails this season..

I thought that it was his ankle that was injured Mike...

Still nice sentiments you've expressed although I think Billy needs to put practicality before sentimentality and if that means making some harsh decisions then so be it!!. It's his neck on the block if he fails this season..

It could well be wasn't 100 per cent sure but knew he'd put off surgery, I think out of the 3 we already have in Gillet, Moussi and Greening, Greening would be the best back up, wise head and all that.

It could well be wasn't 100 per cent sure but knew he'd put off surgery, I think out of the 3 we already have in Gillet, Moussi and Greening, Greening would be the best back up, wise head and all that.

Agreed , although Moussi does have his moments and brings a certain comedic element to the procedings .

I've got a gut feeling that Lewis will be on his bike , Gillett will be allowed to leave and possibly Greening also . That will create space for a couple of central midfielders .

No need to panic since most contracts run till the end of June...

Lewis is definitely gone. We bought a new car from the same dealer as Lewis 3 months ago (not going to say which brand) and whilst there Lewis was calling the salesman, seems they are friends, he said he was off to London and Forest were not planning on offering a new contract

Guest DeanoFletch7471

Greening may be experienced but what use is that when you're Crap??!!!

If he did play with an injury that's the fault of the manager coz, unless its your top star player, you shouldn't play any players who aren't fully match fit. Even when fully fit Greening shouldn't be nowhere near the team, he ain't good enough, he's only at the club due to being one of Ginger Tosser's Love Kids!

Don't know anything about McCann, so not sure what to make of that. Surely this will see at least one of Moussi, Greening and Gillett leaving.

We could get rid of all three for me

IMO he's a McKenna type player and the type that Billy likes to have in the team. It would be a good buy should the rumours prove true.

Had a little poke around the web and apparently his best asset is breaking into the box and has been criticised for not making tackles enough. Sounds more like a Cohen type player, a bit of a box to box player but not a McKenna type

There are quite a few rumours around right now which is positive at least. I think I'm right in saying the players report back on June 27th so you'd expect Davies to get as many in for the start of training as possible, business done early type of thing - although that said, it rarely works like that.

Guest DeanoFletch7471

Have heard that McCann, Jackson, Lichaj and Maloney are signing on Frees but I don't think Maloney will play for a non Prem team...

Need to get Sharp signed ASAP!

Had a little poke around the web and apparently his best asset is breaking into the box and has been criticised for not making tackles enough. Sounds more like a Cohen type player, a bit of a box to box player but not a McKenna type

Let's settle on 'all rounder' then as he didn't do much running into the box when I seen him play ;)

Edited by Caz

Let's settle on 'all rounder' then as he didn't do much running into the box when I seen him play ;)

Ha agreed!

Apparently that part of his game has suffered since a ha injury. Maybe decent on a free as at the back end of last season Pep was off form but we had to play him regardless as we had no other decent options.