Adam

NFFC Rumours

12 minutes ago, Ricknffc said:

All the spiel from the chairman of 'intensive care, going to take a long time, we are going to bring stability' is this really back to square 1? Don't be surprised to see Joe lolley fuck off this window if a bid comes in. 1 year in the job 6 months with an actual team he has structured together, 7th in league,. 21,000 season ticket sales,feel good factor, fantastic backing at games, not good enough. Forgive me but for a split second I was actually hoping our next manager comes in and is crap just to prove a point that without time the club is fucked. However we can not control the powers that be on this matter so- whomever marinakis brings in we will not know if they are the right appointment until they are sacked anyway. The only way we will know if they are the right appointment is if they get us promoted this season

I do agree with you to some degree Rick but he's not been sacked has he, he's asked to be released from his contract.

Ordinarily I'd agree with the response that I'm expecting i.e. that's just the official line etc, however he's got form for doing it.  He didn't like the new structure happening etc and I can understand him being pissed off and it's his decision if he doesn't want to be part of it any more.  That's up to him, the club backed him and then decided that they wanted to change the structure which he didn't like and he's gone.

I actually think that the club have stuck with him for several more games than expected due to a lot of fans not wanting him to go.  I think fan power kept him in his job but in the end he's decided it wasn't for him.

I'm all for stability and would have like him and the club to get along and him stay but they couldn't do that and he's out.

• Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, Oldbighead said:

My biggest fear is someone like Rowett, Hughes etc.

Jardim would be a dream ticket. 

What's he done?

12 minutes ago, Ben said:

What's he done?

Must admit, I don't know a lot about him but bloody hell, looking at his wikipedia page he has quite an impressive recent managerial career at Monaco.

On 10 June 2014, Jardim was appointed at AS Monaco FC for two seasons plus the option for another.[15] He led the team to the third place in Ligue 1 in his first year, repeating the feat in 2015–16; in between, on 12 May 2015, he signed a contract extension until 2019.

In the 2016–17 campaign, displaying attacking football performed by several young players,[18] Jardim coached the club to its first national championship in 17 years.[19] The side also reached the semi-finals in both the UEFA Champions League and the Coupe de France, losing the final of the Coupe de la Ligue to Paris Saint-Germain FC;[20][21][22] in early June 2017, he agreed to a new deal until 2020.[23]

On 11 October 2018, following a poor start to the season which included two losses in as many Champions League group stage matches, Jardim was sacked

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/01/11/inside-story-aitor-karankas-downfall-nottingham-forest/?WT.mc_id=tmg_share_tw

Basically Karanka has been in full toys out the pram mode since October. I’m sure Charlie was calling the players cunts for apparently downing tools to get rid of Karanka but then according to this article Karanka himself has been distant in training since October so what does that make him. 

On 1/10/2019 at 9:17 AM, Caz said:

Row over transfer targets and who decides on what players come in? 

He could leave before he's sacked.

😐😐😐

A pre-scheduled visit from Evangelos Marinakis, the club’s Greek owner, included a meeting with Karanka and his players, in which a stark message was relayed. That message was effectively “promotion or nothing,”

hopefully that hat means the next manager - and hopefully someone with credentials - will be backed in this window to make an all out push.

6 minutes ago, durham red said:

A pre-scheduled visit from Evangelos Marinakis, the club’s Greek owner, included a meeting with Karanka and his players, in which a stark message was relayed. That message was effectively “promotion or nothing,”

hopefully that hat means the next manager - and hopefully someone with credentials - will be backed in this window to make an all out push.

Yep. I imagine it will be one of the selling points to the new manager providing he's half-decent.

1 hour ago, Ricknffc said:

On sky bet you can get 25/1 for mad billy and 25/1 for Jose anigo our new director of football...?

Billy would end up getting slotted working for EM

Do you all listen to the forest podcast by the way?

Also with Smith going out on loan you would think a keeper is incoming..?

1 hour ago, Ricknffc said:

Do you all listen to the forest podcast by the way?

Also with Smith going out on loan you would think a keeper is incoming..?

Smith was third choice so don’t think him leaving alone would lead to us bringing a new ‘keeper in. That said, it seems we are looking to replace Pantillimon which is great news as he’s garbage. 

20 minutes ago, Ricknffc said:

Bielsa says he did send someone to spy at derbys training and is not ashamed or apologetic for it- fucking brilliant ha

Can’t see the fuss personally. It probably happens all the time in one way or another. Nice excuse for Lampard though should Derby lose. 

Apparently he's done it for every game this season. His spy must have been having a slash in the bushes when Karanka put Colback up front 

22 hours ago, Brummie_Red said:

Must admit, I don't know a lot about him but bloody hell, looking at his wikipedia page he has quite an impressive recent managerial career at Monaco.

On 10 June 2014, Jardim was appointed at AS Monaco FC for two seasons plus the option for another.[15] He led the team to the third place in Ligue 1 in his first year, repeating the feat in 2015–16; in between, on 12 May 2015, he signed a contract extension until 2019.

In the 2016–17 campaign, displaying attacking football performed by several young players,[18] Jardim coached the club to its first national championship in 17 years.[19] The side also reached the semi-finals in both the UEFA Champions League and the Coupe de France, losing the final of the Coupe de la Ligue to Paris Saint-Germain FC;[20][21][22] in early June 2017, he agreed to a new deal until 2020.[23]

On 11 October 2018, following a poor start to the season which included two losses in as many Champions League group stage matches, Jardim was sacked

Apparently Jardim was approached by abramovic at Chelsea before appointing sarri as manager

I have a feeling jokanovic could actually pick the team up and push us on further from the get go. I don't think there can be many complaints if he is the one that is brought in.

We aren't getting fucking Jardim :lol:

He's one of the managers Man Utd were looking at for the summer FFS. 

Jokanovic is much more likely and I am for the appointment. 

Edited by Savo

Makes me laugh all the journos saying Bielsa should be sacked for spying yet they had no problems last summer when they were hiding in the toilets of a building with a long lens and posting pictures of the England team sheet. 

21 hours ago, Ricknffc said:

Bielsa says he did send someone to spy at derbys training and is not ashamed or apologetic for it- fucking brilliant ha

Apparently he only got caught at Derby when they heard laughing emanating from the bushes

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Ricknffc said:

Paulo Sousa has joined the running

Hasn’t really managed more than a year anywhere except Fiorentina and: 

2011–2013 Videoton

The demise of VHS in Hungary put an end to that one. 

Last decent gig was fiorentina ... 43% win percentage. Seems nomadic and spent a large amount of his career in some lower standard countries. 

Oddly both Jokanovic and Sousa have managed M. Tel Aviv. 

Director of football is overseeing four transfers. Maybe this is why karanka left? Or maybe its just while we are short of a manager. 

Is this the way forward? How do other clubs work? Sounds a little like the much maligned acquisition panel that frustrated Billy Davis. 

19 minutes ago, David said:

Director of football is overseeing four transfers. Maybe this is why karanka left? Or maybe its just while we are short of a manager. 

Is this the way forward? How do other clubs work? Sounds a little like the much maligned acquisition panel that frustrated Billy Davis. 

Our targets have pretty much remained the same from one manager to the next for years so I'd assume the managers have little input into who we sign.  This fella has apparently been bought in temporarily to specifically bring players in, hopefully he doesn't catch the club bug of signing as many players as possible for next to nothing. 

God knows I haven’t a good work about Karanaka but it must be frustrating if people are bringing players to the club who you don’t want and players you have suggested are ignored 

saying that maybe he did have a lot of input at the beginning and they saw the utter wank he brought in and decided to step in