Adam

NFFC Rumours

4 minutes ago, Charlie Cheswick said:

Never heard of him.  What's his background?

Went to Hull in 2012. Barely got a look in for about 5 years. Ended up at Leicester in 2017 and has started 2 league matches and is their third choice. 

From what I can see the last time he was first choice anywhere was back in 2011 when he spent a season at some tinpot team in Greece. 

Edited by Danny
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Danny said:

Went to Hull in 2012. Barely got a look in for about 5 years. Ended up at Leicester in 2017 and has started 2 league matches and is their third choice. 

Sounds like another goalkeeper we have.

I'm a little disappointed that despite all of the changes at the club we still seem to have exactly the same scouting and recruitment system which is basically sign far too many footballers because they're the right price (e.g. free) and hope that some of them are good enough. 

Edited by Charlie Cheswick

3 hours ago, Ben said:

The Greek Journo saying Steele is joining Olympiacos. Haven't mentioned a few but wouldn't surprise me if it's £20m 😂

Luke Steele has tweeted this is bollocks....he clearly hasn't been told yet

Connor Ripley has joined north end so I assume their 'pursuit' for Joe Hart is over, that could open the door for us to nab either Heaton or pope...

Just now, E R said:

Let’s hope we don’t fucking nab Hart 😳

Would take him on loan. Has to be better than Pantilimon no matter how much he's declined in recent years.

I saw a lot of him at West Ham and imo he is in a par with Pantilimon - honest he is fucking useless. It is no coincidence how bad Burnley have been since he arrived - it was madness them signing him in the first place with the keepers they have  

• Upvote 1

I'm not sure what your problem would be with signing Joe Hart on loan E.R, still a very good keeper and would arguably be the best keeper in the championship...

Just now, E R said:

I saw a lot of him at West Ham and imo he is in a par with Pantilimon - honest he is fucking useless. It is no coincidence how bad Burnley have been since he arrived - it was madness them signing him in the first place with the keepers they have  

Par with pantillimon.. wow he must have declined, I was always under the assumption he was a good one on one shot stopper

11 minutes ago, E R said:

I saw a lot of him at West Ham and imo he is in a par with Pantilimon - honest he is fucking useless. It is no coincidence how bad Burnley have been since he arrived

Even when Hart was Manchester City and England number 1 I was never convinced by him. That said, even I’m surprised at how far his stock has fallen over the past few seasons. I’d still take him here but I imagine his wages would be a fair chunk and I imagine we could get someone just as good for much less. 

11 hours ago, Charlie Cheswick said:

Did Hart get worse over time or was he always crap?  I can't remember ever being convinced by him despite the hype.

He does well on those head and shoulders adverts

Edited by Oldbighead
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Ben said:

Luke Steele has tweeted this is bollocks....he clearly hasn't been told yet

I think they'll make him an offer he can't refuse...

I thought it seemed like Hart had regained some form as he was keeping Burnley in matches earlier this season. Surprised they ever bought him though with having Heaton and Pope. 

Yeah I just heard that on talksport. I can’t stand the bloke or his football but might as well wait until the summer. Give someone new coming in plenty of time to assess the squad etc. 

4 minutes ago, nottmred said:

I bet the owners still haven’t forgot his little tantrum after the Ipswich game. Fuck him 

👍