Adam

NFFC Rumours

Even if he wanted to come, can you imagine WBA loaning a competitor someone who could give them an edge on a playoff place chase 

26 minutes ago, Ricknffc said:

Are we Gona see any additions between now and reading?

No. Willing to bet a $ we see no additions 

Apart from the football  we had a lovely day out . Biggest disappointment for me was neither Appiah nor Yates getting the opportunity to show us what they could do .. As others have said at 2-0 down it would have seemed to be an ideal moment to introduce them .. However , I'm reliably informed that Karanka's position remains under close scrutiny so he might have considered a heavy defeat would tip the scales against him ........................................................................ 

Yea thought as much col. Either way I don't think  a comeback was on and maybe it was just unlucky that karankas job had come under such scrutiny recently otherwise maybe they would have made an appearance ( although I'm not sure). If we were able to sort out being able to see games out being multiple goals ahead then maybe we can bring these lads off the bench without feeling it's a risk

8 hours ago, colin said:

Apart from the football  we had a lovely day out . Biggest disappointment for me was neither Appiah nor Yates getting the opportunity to show us what they could do .. As others have said at 2-0 down it would have seemed to be an ideal moment to introduce them .. However , I'm reliably informed that Karanka's position remains under close scrutiny so he might have considered a heavy defeat would tip the scales against him ........................................................................ 

I would have thought doing what he did then might not have done him any favours. Doesn’t give the impression of a man who can take the fight to his opponents when in a corner or someone who can learn from what’s not working.

Nottingham Forest have approached Burnley to see if they can take Goalkeeper Tom Heaton on loan for the remainder of the season

24 minutes ago, darcy said:

Nottingham Forest have approached Burnley to see if they can take Goalkeeper Tom Heaton on loan for the remainder of the season

That would be a great signing although seeing how he’s just usurped Hart as their first choice I can’t see him being let go. Maybe try for Pope instead?

8 minutes ago, Danny said:

That would be a great signing although seeing how he’s just usurped Hart as their first choice I can’t see him being let go. Maybe try for Pope instead?

Yeah I was thinking the same thing, think pope is also highly regarded

Surely Burnley can't afford to keep all three of them and surely at least one of them doesn't want to stay. They've all played for England in the last 2 years FFS now they're fighting for a place in the reserves. What with the rumours that we've enquired about Darlow too it's clear we've highlighted the keeper position as one that needs looking at.

Which begs the question...why sign Pantilimon and Steele in the summer when neither are good enough. Now instead of 1 good keeper we have 4 average (at best) ones.

Would love a keeper of the quality of Pope\Heaton. Nixon reckons we will be going for it this Jan saying bringing Anigo is a statement of intent, "The guy does deals, you're clearly going for it this window". Lets wait and see, we aren't far off where we need to be with this squad, a few decent additions in the right areas and we could really enjoy the 2nd half of the season.

10 minutes ago, GupiRed2 said:

Would love a keeper of the quality of Pope\Heaton. Nixon reckons we will be going for it this Jan saying bringing Anigo is a statement of intent, "The guy does deals, you're clearly going for it this window". Lets wait and see, we aren't far off where we need to be with this squad, a few decent additions in the right areas and we could really enjoy the 2nd half of the season.

Sounds good gupi, I really hope it does mean we have some good business upon the horizon, with a couple of quality additions and get rid of a few fringe players we really could cement our play off position in the coming months

We have to be close on landing a new keeper. The rumour doing the rounds last night was that Steele was moving to Oly as No.1. Steele has since rubbished the rumour via social media but there's something in it. Sounds like the boss was looking to move him sideways to make room for a new incoming keeper but didn't think of letting him know in advance of what may be happening.

Preston after Hart from Burnley in loan deal. If that goes ahead, we won't be getting a keeper from Burnley. 

The Greek Journo saying Steele is joining Olympiacos. Haven't mentioned a few but wouldn't surprise me if it's £20m 😂

On 1/8/2019 at 10:45 AM, darcy said:

He needs a little time to think it over . 

1 hour ago, Dane B said:

Preston after Hart from Burnley in loan deal. If that goes ahead, we won't be getting a keeper from Burnley. 

Preston are signing Ripley from Boro. Be an odd move for them to bring 2 ‘keepers in. 

50 minutes ago, darcy said:

we have approached eldin jakupovic for loan 

Great. A 34 year old who’s been warming the bench for years. He’s started just over 50 league matches since 2012! Fucking hell. 

Edited by Danny

More cheap shit for the books ffs - he will be our 5th keeper and there is not a good fucking one amongst em 

4 hours ago, Danny said:

Nixon reckons we’re after four players. ‘Not mugs’ either, according to him. 

1 hour ago, darcy said:

we have approached eldin jakupovic for loan 

1 hour ago, Danny said:

Great. A 34 year old who’s been warming the bench for years. He’s started just over 50 league matches since 2012! Fucking hell. 

That optimism didn't last long Dan. 🤣

45 minutes ago, E R said:

More cheap shit for the books ffs - he will be our 5th keeper and there is not a good fucking one amongst em 

I just don't understand it. Why don't we learn from our mistakes and realise that signing shite players hasn't worked, doesn't work, and never fucking will work?

6 minutes ago, Dane B said:

That optimism didn't last long Dan. 🤣

It seems Nixon’s definition of a ‘mug’ varies wildly to mine. This shithouse Jakupovic has been stealing a living for years. 

Smith, Steele, Henderson, Evtimov, Pantillimon and now maybe him. What a rogues gallery that is.