Adam

NFFC Rumours

On 11/6/2018 at 6:11 PM, colin said:

Come off it Andy you and I both know that we wouldn't mind her warming our bed....😋

Seen better out on a saturday night by far....just not my thing mate

1 hour ago, US_RED said:

Watson & Bridcutt told they can leave in January window.

Makes sense considering how far down the pecking order they are. I’m expecting a bit of a cull in January. 

Bridcutt was expected but shocked about Watson. I expect to see some dodgy pics of Karanka in January that Watson has been blackmailing him with all this time. 

Karanka has lost faith in Watson it seems, Bridcutt is expected and Yates will probably follow on loan. Geddy, Soudani and Darikwa will all be missing for a month in the African Nations Cup won't they? Leaves us with Colback, Yacob, the greek guy we signed who hasn't played yet, can't think of any other in that dm position. Can see him signing another for sure unless he plans to move Osborn there.

The African Nations Cup is a summer tournament nowadays. African continental climates normally suit it being in January/February... but it seems to have been changed to bring it in line with other international competitions but probably mainly to appease the European clubs.

This year for example it's in Cameroon in June which is smack bang in the middle if monsoon season. Not good for the Africans but good for Liverpool, Arsenal etc 

On 11/13/2018 at 6:53 AM, Savo said:

The African Nations Cup is a summer tournament nowadays. African continental climates normally suit it being in January/February... but it seems to have been changed to bring it in line with other international competitions but probably mainly to appease the European clubs.

This year for example it's in Cameroon in June which is smack bang in the middle if monsoon season. Not good for the Africans but good for Liverpool, Arsenal etc 

Will probably get more people tuning into it as well. Cant say Ive ever watched the African Nations cup but during June, July Im so starved of football I even resort to watching Masters football, so I'll probably tune in this year.

Read that karanka gone to Spain for personal reasons. Didn't sound too good in post match interview. I hope all is good there. 

Rumours on Twitter that he's left the club. It is Twitter though.

Apparently Daniel Taylor tweeted he'd left by mutual consent last night but deleted it after.

Could be one of his walkouts. A lad at work who’s a Boro fan said he did it there. He likes harmony in the camp by which he means none disagreeing with him or mouthing off which was what happened there. 

Who knows what’s gone off. Twitter can be good for getting the inside track but it’s also full of arseholes who get their rocks off making up more lies than Kenny Senior.

If he has walked for any reason then surely he'd damage his stock irreparably as he'd be seen as trouble by clubs.

Absolutely no point in speculating what has happened .. It could be that there are personal issues .. Let's wait till we have concrete information before commenting .

Kyriakos Dourekas has joined as DOF. 

Might of been why he was a little flat 

Apparently asking for 500k for Yates with Pompey interested. So that makes AK's mood even more peculiar as you'd think he'd be over the moon. He loves getting rid of promising young talent.

I really don't think he is, though I suppose Pantilimon's kicking has been a tad dodgy recently.

Flapper saved 2 penalties against us for the barcodes last season, but I don't recall the previous time he did for us. They seemed to not be much effort for the takers to score, in fairness. Long range shots were also a weakness and he isn't the tallest keeper either, which really is when our vulnerability from crosses and set pieces started.

With Costel I don't see penalties against us (due to his sheer size and reach) as certain goals, nor have we let in too many soft long-range goals. IMO he's a better keeper, though I don't get why his kicking has been so terrible recently, the easiest downfield kicks seem to go out for throws.

Plus Flapper didn't look too bothered when he was loaned back for the year. de Vries was far better.

If we're looking at a new keeper - and I don't see why we shouldn't if we can get one better - Kieran Westwood is definitely better than what we have.

I think Darlow is the best keeper we had since Beasant.  He's got his faults like all others at our level but he's pretty good.  Pants is ok but is pretty much a very tall Paul Smith with the worst distribution of any goalkeeper ever.

Darlow is a weird one. Smash a ball towards goal from six yards out and he’ll pull off a wonder save, float a ball towards the top corner from 25 yards out and he can’t get near it. I can remember a stat where we conceded more long range efforts than any other team during Darlows time. 

His reactions are good but give him time to think and he fucks up.