Adam

NFFC Rumours

Yeah. Come on guys. Lets have some bullshit so we can get excited and then suffer a big low just before the beginning of the season.

That is the Forest way!

Really, according to the stats I have seen he has only managed over 15 goals in a season once? That's okay at best

Of the 2 and half seasons he played in the Championship with Wolves his stats read 51 goals from 101 appearances. That's a goal every 2 games or well over 20 goals a season on average.

Shorey wouldbe good even at 32. Jara would be a good signing. Rumours of Hutchinson coming over permanantly too, might be worth a punt on a pay-as-you play contract?

Of the 2 and half seasons he played in the Championship with Wolves his stats read 51 goals from 101 appearances. That's a goal every 2 games or well over 20 goals a season on

It's decent but I would not describe it as phenomenal especially as a lot of those goals were many seasons ago. Could be good signing on a free no doubt.

Guest DeanoFletch7471

The signing we really NEED to make is Sharp... Potentially, the best striker in the Championship.

Guest DeanoFletch7471

Speaking of strikers... Again, we're linked to Matty Fryatt! At least once a season he's linked with a move to Forest but never materialises!

The signing we really NEED to make is Sharp... Potentially, the best striker in the Championship.

Didn't really do the business for us though

I've heard we're after Nicky Shorey in a blow your socks off signing.

I've heard we're after Nicky Shorey in a blow your socks off signing.

Nicky Shorey and Jara would be the difference between promotion and not.

Defence is massive, with them 2 and 2 good centre halves we would walk this league

Guest DeanoFletch7471

"Didn't really do the business for us though!!!!!!!!!"

Dunno how you can say that BEN... He hardly played his fair share of matches did he?

If he had started, as he should've done instead of Dire Henderson, I reckon he'd have got the goals to secure play offs.

But, just how can a striker be expected to score goals given only five or ten minutes as a sub?

Lads, Billy Sharp has scored goals at every club he has been at..........except Forest. What does that tell you? It tells me that every club he has been at have recognised his natural goalscoring ability, and played to his strengths. Not Forest though Or should I say not Billy. Sharp scored 11 goals in the first half of the season, but none under Billy. Wether or not there is friction between the two, I don't know. Wether or not Davies could spot a decent striker or not, I don't know. But what I do know is that Sharp has been wasted in the last half of the season. I'd be amazed if he signed for us having to work with Davies who chops and changes his strikers at every given opportunity.

Rotating players especially in forward positions is essential in the Championship. Its very tough physically to play midweek AND midweek fixtures. The problem in my opinion was not the rotation of the strikers but the squad that we had last year. We simply didn't have any width. We did not any any stage last season consistently create 'good' chances for strikers. Billy Sharp is not a Drogba or a Van Persie who can create chances for themselves he relies heavily on service. Playing in a side that is built to create chances for strikers Billy Sharp will score goals. I think he would be an excellent signing for us provided we can improve the both the amount and the quality of chances per game. To do this were going to need a different type of Midfield player. We have some great central link midfielders but when you lack width the opposition defence can geet narrow and tight on the strikers and really stifle them. Teams with no width rely on their midfielders to score more of the goals which is what we saw last season. If BD can add some variety to our play it will stretch defences giving striekrs more space and hopefully create more chances for them from BOTH central and wide positions.

Rotating players especially in forward positions is essential in the Championship.

Got to say I think this is total bollocks. How many times was Lambert rested when Southampton went up? (it was none). Grant Holt missed one game when Norwich went up. And this is Lambert and Holt, they're hardly super human fitness freaks!

Remember the last time we had a good pairing up front playing ever week? How come Harewood and Johnson never needed a rest? Remember last time we were promoted? Or the one before than? Nobody was ever rested! and nobody was 'tired', if anything we got stronger as the season went on. Van Hooidonk and Campbell played ever time, we didn't go "oooh Kev's a bit tired this week let's give Steve Guinan a go" or "Piere can have a little rest this week, we'll give Ian Moore a run out" Because that would have been metal.

Indeed. Fully agree about the rotation. Quality over quantity.

Billy took it to extremes in his first spell as well. Tyson and Mcgoldrick up front together for the very first time in our play off game at Swansea was ridiculous.

Guest DeanoFletch7471

Agree totally with Art V... Rotation of players is Bollox! Not just at Forest either...

Did Shearer ever get rested? Or Fowler? Or Any top striker for that matter?

To me, it's just an excuse for managers to use if they lose a game.

Best players should be played at every possible opportunity, anyone who thinks different is obviously happy with their team not winning!

Tiredness is also a very poor excuse, especially when players are paid so much money and only play twice a week Max.

The best 11 doesn't always mean the best 11 individual players though either. It is the sum of all the parts that wins you football matches unless you have a Messi or a Ronaldo. What sometimes looks really strong on paper can very often turn out to be pretty gash in reality.

Agree totally with Art V... Rotation of players is Bollox! Not just at Forest either...

Did Shearer ever get rested? Or Fowler? Or Any top striker for that matter?

To me, it's just an excuse for managers to use if they lose a game.

Best players should be played at every possible opportunity, anyone who thinks different is obviously happy with their team not winning!

Tiredness is also a very poor excuse, especially when players are paid so much money and only play twice a week Max.

In fairness Deano money doesn't equate to physical stamina.

Tiredness is a factor, just look at the goals in last night's game, no way would they have happened if the defenders weren't on their arses.

Some players can play every minute of every game others can't.

As for Sharp, I just think he wasn't getting picked 'cause we were doing the best with the team rather than an individual player, if we had players to play a different style I'm sure he'd have had more games.

But agreed about resting players, complete garbage. The players themselves don't want it, the fans don't want it and the team very often suffers because of it.

Guest DeanoFletch7471

When Forest were winning the league and European Cups, None of the players ever moaned about tiredness and most played in every bloody match! Was anyone moaning then???

When Forest were winning European Cups the game was about ten times slower. In principal I agree to play your best team but your best 11 aren't always your best team and not all players can play at the level and tempo you want for 90 minutes let alone twice a week.