#1 Adam

Adam

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:29 PM

Place all your rumours here...
(I'll move some from the previous thread when I get chance)

#2 Savo

Savo

First Team Player

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,529 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:01 AM

Heard we're one of the clubs after Matt Green from the Stags. Think he's about 26 though so there has to be question marks over his ability to all of a sudden score goals at this level.

The situation is what it is Natalie.

#3 Dane B

Dane B

Forest Legend

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,041 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:37 AM

Heard we're one of the clubs after Matt Green from the Stags. Think he's about 26 though so there has to be question marks over his ability to all of a sudden score goals at this level.

Bit of a comedown from the likes of LeFondre eh Savo.

I do hope we ain't gonna try getting promotion on a meagre budget again. I can already see Billy's dummy half way out of his mouth. :smile_anim:

I LOVE GOLF, I LOVE MY WIFE, AND I ENJOY DOING BOTH.

#4 Savo

Savo

First Team Player

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,529 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:48 AM

Bit of a comedown from the likes of LeFondre eh Savo.

I do hope we ain't gonna try getting promotion on a meagre budget again. I can already see Billy's dummy half way out of his mouth. :smile_anim:

Indeed. We'll wait and see but hopefully it's just paper talk. When you have Natalie Jackson asking Fawaz on tv why he bought Forest when he could've had Real Madrid we're bound to be linked with a lot of players this summer.

If Billy isn't backed with serious financial muscle then we're not going anywhere because in my opinion Billy Davies is one of those managers that needs a lot of money to be 'successful' (term used loosely)

#5 brooksy

brooksy

Forest Legend

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,109 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:30 AM

Agree with above. Id expect billy to spend at a minimum 2 to 3 mill. He doesnt like working on much less.

Will be interesting to see who comes in

We continue....

#6 bearder2006

bearder2006

Back-Up Player

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:31 AM

Thanks for putting a new on
On twitter @John__Percy: @RoryyH Reidy signed a one-year extension

#7 Charlie Cheswick

Charlie Cheswick

Forest Legend

• Subscribers
  • 6,309 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 11:12 AM

Money spent isn't everything boys and neither is where a player has plied his trade, where has that 29 year old at Palace been 'til now?

I'd rather us get the right player than pay a million or two for a striker who gets five or six goals a season as we have a habit of doing.  Mind if a million gets you a Guedioura or Lansbury it's money well spent

We need to push on this year though, we've got a whole summer to plan, an owner who's talked the talk and a manager who's got a point to prove.  You can't guarantee promotion and next year will be as tough as ever but another season which resembles this won't be good enough if we really are ambitious.

Only heard one rumour which I fully think is utter bollocks, Darren Bent.

#8 Savo

Savo

First Team Player

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,529 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 12:30 PM

Bent :D

It really is silly season

#9 Guest_DeanoFletch7471_*

Guest_DeanoFletch7471_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:16 PM

Hopefully more chance of Darren Bent than Carlton Cole though!!!  Absolute Joke IMO...

Its known that Billy likes his cumbersome forwards but isnt having Dire Henderson enough Cumbersome Crap???

#10 Guest_DeanoFletch7471_*

Guest_DeanoFletch7471_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:27 PM

What we do need is a Clinical Striker who must be played at all times (unless injured or suspended)... We had Sharpey this season but for some unknown reason Billy preferred DIRE Henderson...

A Whole new Back Four is a priority though... Maybe give Lascelles a chance too...

Still got the best Midfield in the Championship on paper and must try hardest to keep McGugan for another season at least...

Also think that Darlow isnt as great as had been stated although he will be a good Understudy to the Better Keeper that we have to bring in as 1st Choice...

Not too much to ask... IS It???

#11 Boynesy

Boynesy

My head is full of ghosts

• Subscribers
  • 5,589 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:46 PM

Hopefully more chance of Darren Bent than Carlton Cole though!!!  Absolute Joke IMO...

Its known that Billy likes his cumbersome forwards but isnt having Dire Henderson enough Cumbersome Crap???

We haven't actually got Henderson.... yet.

I believe he is a free agent

Edited by Boynesy, 20 May 2013 - 01:46 PM.

#12 Guest_DeanoFletch7471_*

Guest_DeanoFletch7471_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:58 PM

We haven't actually got Henderson.... yet.

I believe he is a free agent

IS HE???  Didn't McLoser sign him for Forest?

#13 durham red

durham red

Fringe Player

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,494 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 02:27 PM

With a winger or two that can show some pace and get around defences, I think we'll find our defenders looking a lot better. I think they've been overwhelmed due to the rest of the side being too narrow.

Hopefully we'll address this issue and get two quality full backs in .

Edited by durham red, 20 May 2013 - 02:28 PM.

Something's going to happen... Something wonderful...
I understand how you feel. You see, it's all very clear to me now. The whole thing. It's wonderful.

#14 colin

colin

Forest Legend

• Root Admin
  • 9,599 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 02:46 PM

IS HE???  Didn't McLoser sign him for Forest?

Yes , but only on a short term contract 'till the end of the season . There's still his court case to be heard so until that's finalised I doubt anything will be decided .

As regards to Billy Sharp I agree that when he's on top form he's a class act .. However , for whatever reason since the turn of the year he's been average at best . There's no doubt that Carlton Cole would be a massive improvement upon any striker that we currently have on contract . Anyone who thinks otherwise is merely deluded.  As for Darren Bent .... forget it . His salary demands would be totally out of our league ..( literally!!)

If we're looking for quality players at reasonable value we need to look to Europe not the UK . Our homegrown players are grossly overpriced and over-rated .

There is a forgotten , nay almost forbidden word , which means more to me than any other . That word is ENGLAND

Sir Winston Churchill .

#15 Charlie Cheswick

Charlie Cheswick

Forest Legend

• Subscribers
  • 6,309 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:26 PM

Yes , but only on a short term contract 'till the end of the season . There's still his court case to be heard so until that's finalised I doubt anything will be decided .

As regards to Billy Sharp I agree that when he's on top form he's a class act .. However , for whatever reason since the turn of the year he's been average at best . There's no doubt that Carlton Cole would be a massive improvement upon any striker that we currently have on contract . Anyone who thinks otherwise is merely deluded.  As for Darren Bent .... forget it . His salary demands would be totally out of our league ..( literally!!)

If we're looking for quality players at reasonable value we need to look to Europe not the UK . Our homegrown players are grossly overpriced and over-rated .

I agree Colin, only thing is, our scouting network only seems to cover the bleeding obvious unless something has changed since Burt was sacked.

#16 Y D K

Y D K

Substitute

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 04:33 PM

Dire Henderson? McLoser?

A true wordsmith. 

#17 nottmred

nottmred

Forest Legend

• Subscribers
  • 13,898 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 05:25 PM

Dire Henderson? McLoser?

A true wordsmith. 

Exactly what I was thinking.

How old is he?!

Posted Image Posted Image

#18 Guest_DeanoFletch7471_*

Guest_DeanoFletch7471_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:22 PM

QUOTE "There's no doubt Carlton Cole would be a massive improvement upon any striker we currently have" UnQuote...  WHATEVER???!!!!

If you think that, YOU are the Deluded one!  LMAO

#19 Dane B

Dane B

Forest Legend

• Root Admin
  • 17,041 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:53 PM

Ward is now a free agent, and so is Lee Camp.

There's two signings I think we'll be making.

Cheap as chips.

#20 Dane B

Dane B

Forest Legend

• Root Admin
  • 17,041 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:00 PM

As for Carlton Cole, I wouldn't touch him with a barge pole.

I watched him very closely in a televised match earlier in the season. His first touch was piss poor, and he looked as lazy as fuck. Although he was WHU's only front man he offered very little.

Only two Premier League goals this season.......... says it all really.

8 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users