22 replies to this topic

#1 colin

colin

Forest Legend

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,695 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:30 PM

thought you might be interested to know that he scored 2 on his debut for Chelski's reserves last night.

Meantime , normal service was resumed at Middlesbrough when none of our strikers could hit a cows arse with a banjo!!!
There is a forgotten , nay almost forbidden word , which means more to me than any other . That word is ENGLAND

Sir Winston Churchill .

#2 Ben

Ben

Fringe Player

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,946 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:39 PM

Can we use the Bamford cash to sack Grotteril?

#3 the_saurus

the_saurus

Back-Up Player

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:42 PM

colin i was going to do a thread about this a while ago.

I have boycotted forest since 2006, so not many forest situations wind me up nowadays. Im not funding this funeral that we have been in the last 10 years.

However this patrick bamford incident really pissed me off. This guy is considered the bees knees, pinged in 9 goals in two games with assists, and yet i never got a chance to see him play in a forest shirt.

1.5 million, pathetic, james perch in his prime cost the fucking same.

This to me is almost worse than the plight we are in in the league table. The fact that we are prepared to sell such brilliant potential, for such pathetic sums of money is a disgrace.

good thread.
Posted Image

#4 colin

colin

Forest Legend

• Root Admin
  • 8,695 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:44 PM

I don't know if there's any truth to this but I had been told that there was a 6month " probation " period in his contract . If so , no compensation would be payable .

However , it would require a massive loss of face for the fuckwitts to admitt they'd cocked up yet again!!
There is a forgotten , nay almost forbidden word , which means more to me than any other . That word is ENGLAND

Sir Winston Churchill .

#5 Thommo

Thommo

Super sub

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,225 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:46 PM

I don't know if there's any truth to this but I had been told that there was a 6month " probation " period in his contract . If so , no compensation would be payable .

However , it would require a massive loss of face for the fuckwitts to admitt they'd cocked up yet again!!

Plus there is no vitriol aimed at him from the fans ... so no pressure to remove him.

#6 Ben

Ben

Fringe Player

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,946 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 03:48 PM

Plus there is no vitriol aimed at him from the fans ... so no pressure to remove him.

I don't believe that at all.... even the professional mourners on LTLF are very anti Cotterill.... With Doughty's passing the timing hasn't been great to start calling for the manager's head but this will change very soon

#7 Londonlad

Londonlad

Back-Up Player

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:37 PM

colin i was going to do a thread about this a while ago.

I have boycotted forest since 2006, so not many forest situations wind me up nowadays. Im not funding this funeral that we have been in the last 10 years.

However this patrick bamford incident really pissed me off. This guy is considered the bees knees, pinged in 9 goals in two games with assists, and yet i never got a chance to see him play in a forest shirt.

1.5 million, pathetic, james perch in his prime cost the fucking same.

This to me is almost worse than the plight we are in in the league table. The fact that we are prepared to sell such brilliant potential, for such pathetic sums of money is a disgrace.

good thread.

good, im pleased you keep away cos you're a grade A dick.

I hate Celtic & Scousers.

#8 i.k.s

i.k.s

Substitute

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,480 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:49 PM

How much would Forest have had to shell out to match Chelsea's offerings?

Yeah you are a dick Slim btw.

#9 Thommo

Thommo

Super sub

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,225 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:49 PM

I don't believe that at all.... even the professional mourners on LTLF are very anti Cotterill.... With Doughty's passing the timing hasn't been great to start calling for the manager's head but this will change very soon

Nothing on match day... main stand there was one bloke everyone else seemed resigned to the fact we're stuck with him

#10 Y D K

Y D K

Substitute

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 05:09 PM

How much would Forest have had to shell out to match Chelsea's offerings?

Yeah you are a dick Slim btw.

He's on 7k p/w mate

#11 the_saurus

the_saurus

Back-Up Player

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 06:22 PM

good, im pleased you keep away cos you're a grade A dick.

thats not very nice and a bit uncalled for mate...what do you base that on?care to elaborate?

Edited by the_saurus, 15 February 2012 - 06:24 PM.

Posted Image

#12 tramaziboy

tramaziboy

Fringe Player

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,913 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 06:59 PM

It was strange him leaving, especially as he was close to the Doughty family as well. He's best mates with Nigels son.
just gimme my fukkin phone call

#13 Ben

Ben

Fringe Player

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,946 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:44 PM

Nothing on match day... main stand there was one bloke everyone else seemed resigned to the fact we're stuck with him

As I say, people were more interested in paying their respects to Doughty on Saturday. Things will be different this Saturday should we lose.

#14 Thommo

Thommo

Super sub

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,225 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:44 PM

As I say, people were more interested in paying their respects to Doughty on Saturday. Things will be different this Saturday should we lose.

True. But a loss against Cov puts the penultimate nail in the coffin in terms of our championship status. I also don't think that the board will sack SC and the mong does not have the nouse to know he's not wanted. Especially as it will only be the first game that the crowd turn on him...

#15 Boynesy

Boynesy

My head is full of ghosts

• Subscribers
  • 5,490 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 01:38 AM

It was strange him leaving, especially as he was close to the Doughty family as well. He's best mates with Nigels son.

Not strange at all. The friendship would still remain but now he will be just paid a lot more. It would have been strange if he did turn down a chance to play for Chelsea.

What annoyed me is Cotteril said of him he needs to sign his contract for us then go out on loan as hes not ready for this level yet.

#16 stoddy

stoddy

Back-Up Player

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 07:26 AM

What annoyed me is Cotteril said of him he needs to sign his contract for us then go out on loan as hes not ready for this level yet.

Was he tried? Was he tested? NO! He (Cotts) probably listened to those who tried to protect him from playing with the big boys.

How the hell are young players gonna gain experience if they are never played.......for their OWN TEAM !!

This attitude really annoys me too.

#17 colin

colin

Forest Legend

• Root Admin
  • 8,695 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 07:28 PM

Cotterill wouldn't recognise a talented footballer even were he to kick him in the bollox . There is irrefutable proof of this in his team selections and tactics on a weekly basis .
I hate to say it but Bamford is well out of it!.

Sir Winston Churchill .

#18 jackylate

jackylate

Academy Player

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 02:22 PM

Cotterill wouldn't recognise a talented footballer even were he to kick him in the bollox . There is irrefutable proof of this in his team selections and tactics on a weekly basis .
I hate to say it but Bamford is well out of it!.

sad but true....

#19 Brummie_Red

Brummie_Red

Back-Up Player

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 02:39 PM

I am going to disagree with a lot of this on here I think. A 17 year old unproven lad who won't sign a new contract because one of the biggest clubs in Europe has asked him to come and play for them.

You can argue that he should have been given a chance but the facts are he wasn't.

If the £7k figure is correct, I imagine if we'd have matched it he would have been on at least if not more than half of our first team squad, so that was never going to happen. They also probably gave him and his family I nice juicy signing on fee no doubt.

So based on the above, £1.5m I think is a damn fine piece of business which looks like it may have been spent on loan signings wages.

This is my opinion, there are people on here far more in the know than I am, but this is how I see it. He'd never have signed if we'd have offered him £10k a week.

#20 Dane B

Dane B

Forest Legend

• Root Admin
  • 14,446 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 03:39 PM

Bamford's day's at the club were numbered as soon as his old man had a proper fisticuffs with Marshall. The only thing that pisses me off about the deal is the £1.5m we got for him. I believe we sold cheap in our haste to offload him.

I love golf, I love my wife, and I enjoy doing both.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users