Art Vandelay

Premier League chit chat

Ranieri :lol:

He seems like a nice guy, his interviews are funny, and I hope he does well but I'd be surprised if he lasts the season. I expect him to be replaced by an Allardyce type around February.....

If they've come through the youth set up of an English club they count. So the likes of Song and Fabregas count as coming through the Arsenal system. It does render the rule a bit pointess though if players who aren't qualified to play for England and have been signed from another club when they're pushing 30 count as 'home grown' :arrowhead:

In Sterling news, I've enjoyed the Liverpool fans getting all angry about Sterling. Firstly because Liverpool fans are usually twats, but secondly because it's good for fans of 'big clubs' to get a taste of what it's like for supporters of all the other clubs. You've got a player who's quite good for a bit and suddenly he wants to leave and join a better side? Yeah, well that's what it's like at 95% of teams. All the time. How do you think Southampton fans felt when you nicked Lambert, Lallana, and Lovren last summer? Although in the case of Lovren they probbaly felt it was quite funny....

"Quite good". Who lets this Coventry Moron post?

I destroyed you on the fact that you thought Horrendous foreign imports such as Anita and Tiote were world Elite and better than our English players. thankfully you did not bother to come back on after that schooling.

Please tell us how Sterlings been quite good?Hes done nothing against any elite team for Club or country in europe. Harry Kanes proven more and i would not pay shy of 50 million for him. Liverpool are laughing all the way to the bank, they got a superior player in Milner(Mancity most reliable player last year after Aguero and Silva) for free, and sold a horribly Overrated player for 50 million.

If i were you i would just quote people and agree, stick to having opinions in the Insomnia thread...

ty

What a charming post. Thanks for that. 'Quite good' was intended to read as slightly dismissive rather than a great endorsement as in the context of the most expensive English player of all time it's not much of a complement. However if that didn't come across I can only apologise. If it'd make you happier I am willing to edit it to 'half-decent' or even 'reasonable'.

Just to be clear I think Sterling is over-priced and over-rated. Anita has been a total waste of money. Tiote disappointing after a quite good reasonable first season. Think that clears everything up :)

p.s in fantasy football news Sky Sports, Dream Team and Fantasy League Classic are up and running :cool:

p.p.s I wrote that post naked.

Edited by Art Vandelay

I see Chuba Akpom scored a hattrick for Arsenal tonight....I am guessing he'll be back out on loan somewhere this season. I very much doubt it will be with us, but what's the betting he scores a boat load too ?

p.p.s I wrote that post naked.

That's nothing Art. I reckon there are a couple on here who manage to write posts with their straight jackets still on.

Just been catching up with MOTD, that Remy non-penalty was so annoying. The one time all season a player actually tries to stay on his feet and the ref punishes him for it - A terrible decision and a massage to every player watching "Don't forget to throw yourself to the floor if you get a touch in the area because you'll never get a penalty otherwise" :thumbsdown_still:

I assume we all enjoyed watched FA Cup Pointless....

Question: Name a country starting with 'A'

Mark Lawrenson: Alaska.

:arrowhead:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25711453

Not bad business, is it? Sign a player for £6.7 million, ship him out on loan for a season, stick him on the bench for a bit and then eventually flog him a year or two later for £16 million.

Although when he joins your main rivals for £50m a year later it doesn't look so good any more :P

I thought they'd they'd hang about in 14-17th panic around now and sack him. But I'm pleased for him and for Leicester. I wish Forest had taken more gambles with managerial appointments rather than the tired old tossers we always get lumbered with. I'd much rather our next manager was Ossie Ardiles or Piere Van Hooijdonk than the Warnock/Lennon type we'll no doubt do for.

Was just having a quick read through this, some interesting comments on Ranieri on page 8 :cool04:

I was probably surprised when they appointed him but good on them and good on him too. I hope they hang on to win if only to piss the so called elite off and then watch them all have to spunk £70-80m each on a couple of players to try and challenge them next year.

It's not a bad thing necessarily but I can't help but feel it's lip service from the FA. So the teams will lose out on roughly a tenner per away ticket. If they allow say 4000 away fans per game that's £760,000 a season it's cost them. A drop in the ocean for a top flight side these days. Especially when 6 or 7 of them have loads of tourist home fans paying £50-70 for a ticket in the home end to subsidise it.

Don't be surprised to see away allocations at a minimum now too as well as hiked up programme/food/drink prices.

Now cap the home tickets at £30 then I'd say it was a good thing.

I do agree with you, but at least it's a start. Those 50-60 quid away games at say; Arsenal, Chelsea etc along with the cost of travel, then when it's during midweek, possibly on tv, are just plain crazy.

Not that we'll have to worry about it anytime soon eh 😀

What pisses me or is categorising games. Man City fans used to spend more watching their team away than say Norwich just because their team was more successful, it's not fair. If youre a home fan you spend more watching your team get battered by a top four side than you would watching them beat Newcastle. Where's the logic?