Art Vandelay

Premier League chit chat

Dont know what IKS made of it, but Liverpool getting battered. Incredible goal from Phil, then the est is Liverpool getting schooled.

Good match though.

Liverpool unfortunately did NOT get battered. Saints had about as much to offer in front of goal as a tramp at a fundraising event for the badly dressed.

Guest Chaz73

Liverpool unfortunately did NOT get battered. Saints had about as much to offer in front of goal as a tramp at a fundraising event for the badly dressed.

Southampton did have three penalty decisions go against them though two of which looked blatant.

This seems to happen a lot against the bigger clubs, and v Liverpool, though Mourinho would probably disagree.

Think video replays should be bought into the game It would take seconds to get these decisions correct.

Edited by Chaz73

Guest Chaz73

Looking forward to tonight's game. Be interesting to see how City do against Barca

Suarez just loves facing Joe Hart!!!

Every time I watch Southampton they're like that - dominate the game but don't score then end up struggling to get something out the game. Looks like they're not going to hang on 4th which is a shame although I suppose it'll be quite funny when Man Utd miss out again.

Anyway, it's time for Art's Quiz Challenge no.2

Who are the top 5 all-time scorers of headed goals? (Premier League era only).

duncan ferguson, Nail quinn, Shearer, crouch and ruud vanisteroy

Some good guesses, apart from Chaz who blatantly just googled it :D T'is:

1. Shearer

2. Dublin

3. Crouch

4. Ferdinand

5. Yorke

(Cole is 9th, Cahill 8th, Ferguson 6th).

Guest Chaz73

Some good guesses, apart from Chaz who blatantly just googled it :D T'is:

1. Shearer

2. Dublin

3. Crouch

4. Ferdinand

5. Yorke

(Cole is 9th, Cahill 8th, Ferguson 6th).

WHO has just Googled it???!!!!

I'm just remembering players who scored more frequently with headers apart from the obvious Shearer.

I'm probably a bit older than most here!

Guest Chaz73

Looks like Villa are gonna skankily avoid relegation again.

Disgraceful challenge from Alan Hutton on Berahino which shouldve been a red card and 95th minute penalty awarded too.

At least Fester won't survive!

I think I'd rather Sunderland went down. What a pointless boring team. They've been hanging around the top flight for years but I can't remember a single interesting game, a good goal, a player I liked to watch, or really anything they've been involved with since the days of Quinn and Phillips. Their highlight of the last ten years is Darren Bent having a shot deflected off a balloon. If they went missing and the Premier League had had played this whole season with 19 teams nobody would even have noticed they hadn't turned up.

Agreed they do have a pointless existence. Constantly last on MOTD unless they're on the back of a hammering by a top side. They have so much potential too up there.

You could say exactly the same about Villa though, or West Brom, or Hull even. Just so boring to watch all of them and success for them is finishing 17th so they can survive another season raking in the TV money and spending on 2 or 3 managers a year to buy a host of average foreign mercenaries on silly money.

So Sunderland have survived for another year. Great....

I assume we're all hoping for Newcastle to pull of another comedy relegation? Such a shame Hull lost to Burnely the other week.

Guest Chaz73

Anyone brave enough to bet a win double for Hull and West Ham today?

13/1 at Hills :-)

Edited by Chaz73

Guest Chaz73

Anyone brave enough to bet a win double for Hull and West Ham today?

13/1 at Hills :-)

Always was a Long Shot!

Is it just me or did it look suspiciously like Stoke let Gerrard score his goal today? They all just stopped...

No, no. It can't have been that. The man's a legend don't you know. One of football's all time greats. I suspect they were just stunned into inactivity by his awesomeness .

Guest Chaz73

Is it just me or did it look suspiciously like Stoke let Gerrard score his goal today? They all just stopped...

So did the Liverpool defence for Stokes first four goals!

Good to see what a shit state they're in now, probably be worse without Gerrard and Sterling just a shame it'll never be bad enough for relegation.

Guest Chaz73

Man City interested in signing Alex Song to help increase the home grown element in their squad!

Eh?!! Cameroon international Alex Song qualifies as a home grown player?

There might be logic to that somewhere but damned if I can see it.

If they've come through the youth set up of an English club they count. So the likes of Song and Fabregas count as coming through the Arsenal system. It does render the rule a bit pointess though if players who aren't qualified to play for England and have been signed from another club when they're pushing 30 count as 'home grown' :arrowhead:

In Sterling news, I've enjoyed the Liverpool fans getting all angry about Sterling. Firstly because Liverpool fans are usually twats, but secondly because it's good for fans of 'big clubs' to get a taste of what it's like for supporters of all the other clubs. You've got a player who's quite good for a bit and suddenly he wants to leave and join a better side? Yeah, well that's what it's like at 95% of teams. All the time. How do you think Southampton fans felt when you nicked Lambert, Lallana, and Lovren last summer? Although in the case of Lovren they probbaly felt it was quite funny....

Guest Chaz73

Martin O'Neil linked with a return to Fester...

Just Why would he bother? Surely, for his age, he's in a much better job with Ireland and can do without the stresses of a relegation battle.