Art Vandelay

Premier League chit chat

The worst commentator has to be the doilem commentating on the England match tonight. Gabriel Clark, is it? Total numpty.

Clive Tyldesley I think. Him and Townsend seem to be firmly established as ITV's number one pairing these days. Baffling.

Gabriel Clark is the bloke who does the interviews. Recently I notice he's started trying to squeeze his own face into shot during every interview. I'm not sure if this is down to a sudden outbreak of vanity or if it's for a bet. Or maybe he's simply trying to look more unprofessional in order to fit in with the rest of the coverage.....

Motson. Well past his sell by date & just sounds like some twat who ''must remember to say all the things I used to say in the 70's & 80's when everyone thought I was really good''.

Talking of Townsend, did anyone watch England last night? Aside from him spouting complete drivel all game I can't remember his man of the match doing a single worthwhile thing all game. Baffling.

agree with Art. Carragher accent is woeful.

For me the best pundit is Gary Neville. Don't like the northern scally but I agree with a lot what he says.

Got to feel sorry for Yaya Toure. I've had a few jobs down the years and I know whenever it was my birthday the chairman of the company would fly in specially, shake my hand and wish we well, before presenting me with my personalised cake. Or a sports car. And rightly so, I'd have been understandably livid otherwise.

Poor Yaya :(

Guest Chaz73

Just when you think you've heard every moan a player can possibly make... You get this, a forgotten birthday!!!!! With his wages it's his birthday every bloody week! Pretty sure I'd rather my employer paid my salary on a regular basis rather than sending me a birthday card once a year, what is wrong with some people today?!! Immense player he is, No Doubt whatsoever about that, but this feeling of unwanted from a forgotten birthday greeting makes him look like the planets biggest spoilt brat. Whatever next?!!!

It's obviously not about his birthday, that's his excuse for basically asking for more money (be it at City or elsewhere).

Guest Chaz73

It's obviously not about his birthday, that's his excuse for basically asking for more money (be it at City or elsewhere).

Yeah, sorta guessed that though he's quoted as saying he'd be happy to return to Barca for half his current salary it's a clear threat to City saying "Make me the highest paid player in the Prem or I'm leaving!" Just like Messi did with Barca recently to ensure he was the highest earner in Spanish football. Morally it's totally unacceptable but what can clubs do when they are at risk of losing their biggest asset?

Yeah, sorta guessed that though he's quoted as saying he'd be happy to return to Barca for half his current salary it's a clear threat to City saying "Make me the highest paid player in the Prem or I'm leaving!" Just like Messi did with Barca recently to ensure he was the highest earner in Spanish football. Morally it's totally unacceptable but what can clubs do when they are at risk of losing their biggest asset?

At 31 he's probably thinking about milking the game for all it's worth before he retires.

Personally I'd fuck him off and try and get someone like Pogba.

This ludicrous behavoir is synonymous with the modern day agent , who doesn't give a toss about the game or the clubs , only about lining his and his clients pockets with as much wonga as possible . They are parasites of football and need to be censured and heavily regulated . No player , and I mean nobody , is worth more than a Maximum of £25K per week.

Guest Chaz73

This ludicrous behavoir is synonymous with the modern day agent , who doesn't give a toss about the game or the clubs , only about lining his and his clients pockets with as much wonga as possible . They are parasites of football and need to be censured and heavily regulated . No player , and I mean nobody , is worth more than a Maximum of £25K per week.

Totally Agree. Before it gets Uncontrollably out of control, the FA have to introduce a wage cap, tiered for each respective league instead of this "benefitting the big clubs" FFP Rule. But is it already too late?

Bit like recruitment agents. They have created an industry that didn't need to exist. Cnts the lot of them.

Edited by Ben

Toure's agent has now said that he might stay at Citeh next season but only if they guarantee him a place on the coaching staff when he retires from playing .. The game is going to hell in a handcart if it allows agents to dictate matters like this .

Hopefully Citeh will tell him to fuck off ..

Toure's agent has now said that he might stay at Citeh next season but only if they guarantee him a place on the coaching staff when he retires from playing .. The game is going to hell in a handcart if it allows agents to dictate matters like this .

Hopefully Citeh will tell him to fuck off ..

Spot on.

Money bags should just quietly say.. If your not happy with 200k a week and upset cus we didn't buy you that Bugatti for your birthday, well you know where the door is big lad.

As for his agent, what a horrible corrupt little bastard. Literally ruining the game.

Sure, but even so you'd think a man employed specifically for this sort of thing could come up with something better than a story about a disappointing birthday. It makes his client look like a simpleton.

I see Stan Collymore will be on MOTD next season. A cracking addition if you ask me. Never scared of speaking his mind and not afraid to disagree.

Pleased with that. I find him quite annoying on the radio but at least he will speak out if he disagrees and, best of all, he's one of the only ex-pros who isn't afraid to call a dive a dive. Hopefully the first time Shearer gives it the "There was some contact......" or "He's entitled to go down there" bollocks Collymore will speak up.

Edited by Art Vandelay

Guest Chaz73

Didn't realise Rickie Lambert would be happy unless he's playing regular football but that's exactly what he's signed up for with his imminent move to the Scouse... Does he really think he will dislodge Sturridge or Ratface in the starting line up? Or maybe he is just looking for financial stability in his final few years as a professional? Don't think it's the best move for him but, hey ho.

Didn't realise Rickie Lambert would be happy unless he's playing regular football but that's exactly what he's signed up for with his imminent move to the Scouse... Does he really think he will dislodge Sturridge or Ratface in the starting line up? Or maybe he is just looking for financial stability in his final few years as a professional? Don't think it's the best move for him but, hey ho.

I think he'll know that he's going there to be a squad player but I can't begrudge him that. He's worked his way up from League 2 to become an international footballer and now he has the chance to see out his career playing for his hometown club. Southampton seem as if they're prepared to flog off most of their best players this summer whilst Liverpool will be playing Champions League football and looking to push on and challenge for the title again. As you allude to, he'll probably be on better money at Liverpool too so it wouldn't have been a difficult choice for him.

Art's Quiz Challenge type thing: Who are the best five Premier League penalty takers?

(measuring success as a percentage of goals from pens taken, only counting players who've taken at least 10, and starting in '92-93 which, as we all know, is when football began).

No Googling :nerd:

Edited by Art Vandelay

I was going to put "In the style of Ted Rogers, I'll give you one to start you off......number one Matt Le Tissier" but thought maybe other people wouldn't be as familiar with 321 as I am :worried_anim:

Anyway, yes Le Tissier is first on the list....