Art Vandelay

Premier League chit chat

can anyone believe that shaun derry has had his appeal rejected....

I'm not really surprised, but I bet if it was Michael Carrick who was wrongly sent off and Joey Barton taking a dive the decision would have been very different :thumbsdown_still:

I love it how Platt is now trying to play mind games with Man Utd now that City have bottled it.

I hope that when the people in charge at City review their season (and where it went wrong) someone questions exactly why, when given the resourses available, they have an old chum of the manager with a history of failure and unemployment on their coaching staff.

Edited by Art Vandelay

Mr Balotelli, gone!

Man City are well shot of him and did well only to take a 2m loss.

His off the field behaviour would almost be forgivable if he scored goals - but 3 in 20 this year isn't good enough. I don't understand the hype.

Sorry to see him go. Always good to have a few loons about.

I think he's potentially decent but still surprised they've got so much for him. For that amount you can get players who are at least as good and less mental.

Andre Santos :lol: :lol: What the hell is that? He looks like a bloke who's won a competition to spend a week 'playing' for Arsenal.

Edited by Art Vandelay

Thats a 7m euro player you're talking about :P but yes, he is awful, on his way back to Brazil I see.

Premier League is over this year. 12 point lead with 12 to play.

Nigerian-League-Table-001.jpg

This is the league table from the Nigerian league. You may notice there's an unusually high number of home wins and a strangely small number of away wins.

Coincidentally in Nigeria the refs wages aren't paid by the league but by the home team confused0006.gif

What do we think about mascots in the minutes silences? I think there's something not quite right when you have a bunch of people stood in a line all solemnly respecting the dead, but one of them is dressed as a big green dinosaur....

35hgqrs1.jpg

brighton_2_500.jpg

186626412.jpg

Edited by Art Vandelay

I must admit, I have been more interested in the Premier League this season then any other time since our relegation from it. There are no clear contenders for the title, Europe or relegation.

Does anyone else notice that the pundits really dont want Arsenal to win the league. it doesnt fit the establishment agenda of either manure or a Billionaire air club to win it?

That's because for a couple of years they've been telling everyone that Wenger is a busted flush and not capable of winning major trophies anymore. If Arsenal win the league it'll make all these apparent experts look like fools.

I hate the fact people look at Arsenal as the club others should aspire to be.

If the aspirations for football clubs are charging the highest ticket prices in the world whilst going a decade without winning anything then football really is down the shitter.

I find Arsenal to be a disgusting football club.

I hate the fact people look at Arsenal as the club others should aspire to be.

If the aspirations for football clubs are charging the highest ticket prices in the world whilst going a decade without winning anything then football really is down the shitter.

I find Arsenal to be a disgusting football club.

I agree mate the ticket prices are woeful and i dont like Arsenal, although i like their players such as Wiltshire Ramsey etc.

But its no different to these Billionaire clubs that run the club at losses every year and at any moment could ditch the likes of Chelski and Mancity withn them Baillions in the red.

At least Arsenal run the club like a business Model, if they sell out then the demand and supply deems that they are correct(not morally) to raise the tic ket prices.

I think Manchester United (before the glazers) showed the best way to run a club that suits everybody.

Everybody made money, the players had trophies and the fans had something to cheer about.

Joe Kinnear leaves his position as director of football. He looks to be the fall guy after another atrocious transfer window and the thrashing at the weekend. What a shame!

I'm edging towards Chelsea in the title race after tonight's game and the transfer window. Mouringo just strives on the big match ups. I think his goal is to pick up 4 points (out of the two head to head fixtures) against all the big sides. They seem to be doing that quite succesfully.

They were also the big winners in the transfer window. Man City couldn't bring in those two players from Porto and Arsenal only signed an injured 30 year old. Matic was immense for Chelsea tonight and their bench tonight just shows you the quality they have in reserve.

Joe Kinnear leaves his position as director of football. He looks to be the fall guy after another atrocious transfer window and the thrashing at the weekend. What a shame!

I'm edging towards Chelsea in the title race after tonight's game and the transfer window. Mouringo just strives on the big match ups. I think his goal is to pick up 4 points (out of the two head to head fixtures) against all the big sides. They seem to be doing that quite succesfully.

They were also the big winners in the transfer window. Man City couldn't bring in those two players from Porto and Arsenal only signed an injured 30 year old. Matic was immense for Chelsea tonight and their bench tonight just shows you the quality they have in reserve.

Yea I agree, Matic made Yaya Toure look like a fluffy kitten. He stood next to John Terry who is a 6f+ Lad and made him look like a kidget when he was getting handed the MOM award.

Why did the Man city manager not play Milner in the holdng role?Was he injured? Kompany would have surely been better in the holding role than the Argentine. Felt sorry for the guy, he was only brought in as a squad Defender. Like Lambs to the slaughter.

As for Kinnear, the only reason I got my prediction wrong about Newcastle getting relegated was that Cabaye stayed in the summer and basically everything ran through him. They sell him and failed to replace. I can see them finshing bottom half of the table and having the worse form of the prem league from now on in.

Edited by the_saurus

Milner was fit but I think Demichelis was picked after he helped turn the game playing in midfield when they came back against Watford in the cup. Although being chased down by Hazard, Willian, and Ramires is a bit different to strolling about at home to Watford. I see Milner got the nod today. I feel a bit sorry for him, he always seems to play quite well but won't get a look in when everyone's fit.

Kinnear :D Shame he's gone, I was hoping he'd stay long enough to take over from Pardew when he leaves. Unfortunate Newcastle had that run of good form before Christmas that's given them enough points to stay away from relegation Otherwise they could have been the team that drops into trouble. Nice earner for old Joe though - came in, gave some comedy interviews, told a load of lies, signed nobody, did nothing of note, sold Joanne Kebab, and left. Hope turns up somewhere else soon. Not Forest though obviously....

Edited by Art Vandelay

I see Southampton put out a half reserve side today. I bet their fans are delighted that they've sacrificed the possibility of actually winning something for the first time since the 1970s so as not to distract themselves from the really important quest of finishing 7th rather than 9th.

Something to tell the grandchildren about "Back in 2014 we finished two places higher than we might otherwise have done. Amazing memories......."

:axehead:

Edited by Art Vandelay

I see Southampton put out a half reserve side today. I bet their fans are delighted that they've sacrificed the possibility of actually winning something for the first time since the 1970s so as not to distract themselves from the really important quest of finishing 7th rather than 9th.

Something to tell the grandchildren about "Back in 2014 we finished two places higher than we might otherwise have done. Amazing memories......."

:axehead:

It's madness, they don't play until next Saturday, if anything the better players will probably be worse off by not playing for two weeks. Reminds me of when Megson threw away the Europa League for Bolton when they were midtable.

Ask any player, they want to play every week. Imagine how good the feeling around Southampton would be if they won. Comfortably mid table and in the quarter finals of the FA Cup.

Yeah, and then Bolton went down anyway a couple of years later and Megson was sacked anyway. While they bed down for life in the lower leagues, rather than looking back on their memories becoming one of the few English sides to win a European trophy, they can remember that time they finished 15th. Meanwhile Megson can include 'I might have won the UEFA Cup but didn't bother trying' on his CV.

Changing the topic, worst tv 'co-commentary character'? Are we all agreed on Townsend? He really is dismal.

Changing the topic, worst tv 'co-commentary character'? Are we all agreed on Townsend? He really is dismal.

Agreed . makes you fucking cringe . what about worse voice , Michael Owen.

I haven't got BT sport so I manage to mostly avoid Owen, although I hear he's not too popular.

Worst voice has got to be Carragher - obviously all Liverpool accents are quite unpleasant but his is well above average unpleasantness. It's a shame because I quite like him, and I dislike pretty much everyone (football 'expert' wise I mean, not just people generally).

I haven't got BT sport so I manage to mostly avoid Owen, although I hear he's not too popular.

Worst voice has got to be Carragher - obviously all Liverpool accents are quite unpleasant but his is well above average unpleasantness. It's a shame because I quite like him, and I dislike pretty much everyone (football 'expert' wise I mean, not just people generally).

Forgot about him , I reckon he's had a bit of voice training because now I can understand half of what he says as opposed to nothing when he first started.

`