Art Vandelay

Premier League chit chat

Yes to Solskjaer, Iversen, and Forssell.

Riise is the second highest scoring Nordic defender but not in the top ten. No to Savo's three, especially John 'one goal' Jensen ;)

I'm struggling to remember any Scandinavians who scored more than one goal, here's my last throw of the dice... Leonardson, Fjortoft and Pederson.  I'd say they have about ten each. 

You've underestimated them all. Yes to Pederson, assuming you mean the Morten Gamst one and not that guy who was at Bolton, who has 34. Leonardson just outside the top ten with 30 goals.

No to Fjortoft, but I've always liked him from when he helped me win my first ever fantasy football prize - a grand in the mirror when I was still at school :cool: I had a little interview with them which they converted into tabloid cliches for the paper. eg. 'Not many people had Collymore so that went well for me"  became "I'm over the moon, Big Stan can bag me a sack full of goals".

Four to go......

I can't remember his first name either. I've got a vague memory they even had two Svennsons at the same time at one point :unsure: but it's a no to those, although Johansson is close.

You're all missing the easiest ones. Three of them played at the weekend......

Lad who plays for Burnley. Gudmonsson is it?

Of course...Christian Erikson! 

Edit: Just realised...Josh King is Norwegian isn't he?! 

Edited by Savo

No to Gudmundsson but yes to Erikson and King.

I thought Erikson and one of the ones still to get would be two of the first people thought of and I thought Forssell and Iversen were the most forgettable. Two left, an Iceland and a Norway......

Nobody gone for former Forest favourite Nicklas Bendtner then? He's number 12 on the list :O

Edited by Art Vandelay

Yes, and that's the lot.

Bonus question: There are only two other players from Iceland and two from Finland who have over ten Premier League goals. Who they be?

As he's already been mentioned, in the style of Ted Rogers, and I assume that's a reference everyone is familiar with, I'll give you one to start you off.........Jonathan Johansson.

2 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

Yes, and that's the lot.

Bonus question: There are only two other players from Iceland and two from Finland who have over ten Premier League goals. Who they be?

As he's already been mentioned, in the style of Ted Rogers, and I assume that's a reference everyone is familiar with, I'll give you one to start you off.........Jonathan Johansson.

Bergsson from Bolton? I think he was a defender so may not be him.

Bergsson did get quite a few goals for Bolton but most of them were in the championship. Yes to Hreidarsson 👍

Bonus fact Hreidarsson has been relegated a record five times from the top flight.

Edited by Art Vandelay

I'm not sure if he's been mentioned, but Hyppia got a few.

Heider Helguson and Kuqi in the mix too? 

Art's Quiz challenge: Since the start of the 90/91 season there are 17 players who have played for England while playing in the second tier of English football. I'll throw in the keepers as they're quite easy and boring - James, Butland, Heaton, Wright, and Green. So there are 12 more (outfield) players, who are they?

and one of these is someone I don't think I'd have got if I thought about this for the rest of the year. And all next year.

I seem to remember Livermore being involved after WBA got relegated

Then a few punts - Zaha, Dawson, Sessegnon and Ben Gibson

Yes to Bothroyd. Seven to go......

Three very well known players who were around England squads for a long time, two long term top flight players, one forward from the early 90s, and er one everyone will go 'Oh, I'd totally forgotten about him, did he play for England?'