Art Vandelay

Premier League chit chat

Clichy is the other one I was after. It was in the Times on Monday, Schwarzer wasn't included there but you're right, he was at Chelsea and Leicester when they won the league.

Although it would be an exaggeration to say he 'played for them' :unsure:

Edited by Art Vandelay

What is the minimum threshold for games played?

It could be argued that the likes of Drinkwater, De Laet and Danny Simpson won it while at Man Utd too 🤓

Edited by Daz

I've just looked this up and to qualify for a medal you have to play five games so I guess that rules out Schwarzer. It seems harsh on the keepers though.

It must be a weird life as a reserve keeper. You're training with the first team every day, travelling to all the games, getting changed, then just sit and watch the match and go home again. Again and again.

7 hours ago, Art Vandelay said:

I've just looked this up and to qualify for a medal you have to play five games so I guess that rules out Schwarzer. It seems harsh on the keepers though.

It must be a weird life as a reserve keeper. You're training with the first team every day, travelling to all the games, getting changed, then just sit and watch the match and go home again. Again and again.

Some keepers have made a career out of it. Like Stuart Taylor...made 75 appearances in 20 years! In fact our very own Pantillimon has a pretty alarmingly low number of career first team appearances to say he's 32. If you look at his career it's only here and his very first club in Romania that he's been first choice.