Art Vandelay

Premier League chit chat

Nice to see United get battered; they don't know how good they've had it. Hope they win fuck all.

Me as well mate ,that fucker Neville made me laugh he was punditing . it looked like he was sucking shit up a straw trying to talk about it after., Fucking great. aint seen a Manure shirt for two days the fickle bastards. probably all on the car boot this weekend .

Art's Quiz Challenge

In the last ten years of the Premier League only two players have scored penalties with both feet. Who are they?

hmmm.gif

Art's Quiz Challenge

In the last ten years of the Premier League only two players have scored penalties with both feet. Who are they?

hmmm.gif

Shirley, you can't kick the ball with both feet - you'd fall over.

Art's Quiz Challenge

hmmm.gif

Cristiano Ronaldo? Faustino Asprilla?

Shirley, you can't kick the ball with both feet - you'd fall over.

Yeah, I almost edited the post to make it clear but thought 'no, nobody will be that much of a smartarse' ;)

Not Irwin/Ronaldo/Asprilla.

Clue: one of them is English :stun:

Edited by Art Vandelay

Beckham can barely manage them with his good foot!

bobby zamora and obafeni martins

Well, now you've ruined it for everybody :angry:

;)

Yeah, that was funny. It screwed up my fantasy league teams but it was worth it to see Thompson's face. He's such an arse.

Did anyone see James Perch earlier? It was pathetic to go down like that! I don't think Reina deserved to get sent off for effectively what was handbags at dawn.

Great to see Liverpool lose again of course. I'm not sure if Dalglish really has a clue how to turn it around

Yeah, that was embarrassing. Over the years of watching football I must have seen maybe 20+ sending offs for 'head butts'. I can remember two actual butts, and one of those stayed on. You'd think refs would have spotted this but they fall for it every time. It's got so ridiculous that if you find find yourself in a head to head situation you've got no choice but to fall to the floor holding your face just to beat the other guy to it.

On a related note, watching MOTD and TFLS ( I'm assuming this an acceptable acronym) there were several penalties and every one was a dive. Nobody ever even mentions this. You expect it from a renowned cheat like Shearer but even Hansen will just go 'Hmm, I think there might have been slight contact', alluding to some bullshit 'contact' rule that Andy Gray made up, as he desperately tries to spot a bit of the defenders sock brushing against the forward, somehow generating enough force to knock an adult man to the floor. It's all a bit pathetic.

Yeah, that was embarrassing. Over the years of watching football I must have seen maybe 20+ sending offs for 'head butts'. I can remember two actual butts, and one of those stayed on. You'd think refs would have spotted this but they fall for it every time. It's got so ridiculous that if you find find yourself in a head to head situation you've got no choice but to fall to the floor holding your face just to beat the other guy to it.

On a related note, watching MOTD and TFLS ( I'm assuming this an acceptable acronym) there were several penalties and every one was a dive. Nobody ever even mentions this. You expect it from a renowned cheat like Shearer but even Hansen will just go 'Hmm, I think there might have been slight contact', alluding to some bullshit 'contact' rule that Andy Gray made up, as he desperately tries to spot a bit of the defenders sock brushing against the forward, somehow generating enough force to knock an adult man to the floor. It's all a bit pathetic.

Stan Collymore did a video a few years ago of himself running full pelt blindfolded while three blokes tried to knock him over with a push, a trip and a full blown slide tackle. Only the slide tackle took him down and even then he stayed on his feet for a good ten yards trying to stay up.

Another saying that really annoys me now in football is, "Yes, there was no contact/he got the ball, BUT you know you cant do that," Why not!? If I was playing football and tackled someone without touching them and got penalised I'd be fuming! The worst one I've heard is Alan Smith, "Three good slide tackles in ten seconds might look good but you can't do that and expect to not get booked," ermm why not? Apart from a goal the only other thing that really lifts the crowd is a strong tackle, sadly if theres one a game your priveliged.

untitled-1duyw9.gif

ani-horseplay.gif?w=500

No matter what He, or Dalglish says, there is no way he tripped over the ball.

He wen to ground looking for a penalty.

can anyone believe that shaun derry has had his appeal rejected, even though ashley young was a yard off side and go the slightest of touches, i bet the fucker dont go down like that if soneone tried to take his wallet

and why havent thery thrown the book at balotelli with that tackle on song.....he set himself to do that with no intention on winning the ball, songs foot was planted and there was every chance he could have hyper extended his knee, roy keane did a similar thing on alfie haaland.......keane was later charged with a 5 game ban and £150 000 fine even tho he was sent off for the original incident