Art Vandelay

Premier League chit chat

Podolski? (I know he is a Polack but he played for Germany)

Edited by E R

Huth must have played 15 odd seasons in the Premier League now, I bet he's got a few.

I see the transfer market hasnt quietened down after Neymar's move fucked it up.

Everton have signed Richarilson for 50m. Will go quite nicely with Sigurdsson (45m), Klassen (25m), Bolasie (23m) and Schneiderlin (20m) in the most overpriced and overrated midfield in the league.

Bolasie is just a poor man's Zaha isn't he?

They really did get appaling value from all the Lukaku money. Imagine spending nearly 50 million on Sigurdsson and him not even being in the top three most over priced players in your midfield. Amazing.

Bolasie was mint at Palace  full of power , pace , skill and unpredictability . Opposition defenders never knew what he was going to do but then again he didn't either .

Only been a mere shadow of that player since his move to Everton .  His career seems to mirror that of Zaha  who bombed at Man U but is a revelation at Palace ..

Joe Hart to Burnley. I think its an odd move as when Pope and Heaton are fit they will essentially have three of England's top 5 keepers.

Theyre also interested in Vydra apparently.

Transfer window had been a bit subdued recently. Where is Harry Redknapp when you need him.

Edited by Daz

Chelsea banned from signing anybody for the next two transfer windows. Perhaps that’ll encourage them to use some of the dozens of players they’ve got out on loan. This will fuck them though as they’re already trailing behind the likes of Manchester City and Liverpool. 

1 hour ago, Danny said:

Chelsea banned from signing anybody for the next two transfer windows. Perhaps that’ll encourage them to use some of the dozens of players they’ve got out on loan. This will fuck them though as they’re already trailing behind the likes of Manchester City and Liverpool. 

They've had their day. Time to pop along back to where they belong.

OK, it's time for 'Who am I thinking of'?

There's a player currently playing regularly in the Premier League (this is his first season there) and it seems to have gone largely unmentioned that he is totally and utterly shit. A serious contender for a worst ever Premier League eleven.

A prize* for the first one to identify the person in question. Also slightly interesting to see what names people come up with.

Image result for silenzi nottm forest

*there is no prize.

I'll guess Mateo Kovačić. What does he offer going forward or defensively? Seems terrible. I know Jorginho has been poor too, but the fact that he is awful has been widely mentioned.

When you have Jorginho, Kovacic and Kante in midfield then is it a surprise that Chelsea struggle to break teams down.

Seri. Big prospect last year now can’t even get in the Fulham team  

Agree with Daz about the Chelsea midfield. Also seems madness that you would play the best holding midfielder in the world out of position to accommodate another midfielder who isn’t as good. 

Fulham's midfield was so good last season I don't understand why, once they were promoted, they immediately abandoned it, especially when what they needed was defenders. Odd.

Kovacic is one of those anonymous players that's just there but never seems to be doing anything. Good to see their priority of blocking any progress for for Ruben Loftus Cheek is still working out for them though.

Good picks, however these are not the person I'm looking for. The guy I'm after isn't simply anonymous, he's a complete liabilty.......

m1705.gif

Edited by Art Vandelay

The man I'm thinking of is Fulham goalkeeper Sergio Rico - He really is awful. He makes Pantilimon look like Peter Schmeichel.

Every time Fulham play there's always a load of critisism of their defenders but this joker is the worst of lot and it doesn't seem to ever be aknowledged. Watch him closely next time Fulham are on tv, it's ilke they've put an outfield player in goal. And made him wear boxing gloves :arrowhead:

Fulham really have shown how not to fight a relegation battle

Bringing in substandard players in areas where they were already strong and making no additions to their suspect defence. It would be the blue print for forest if they ever got promoted

Will keep an eye on Rico. He can't be helped by having the likes of Odoi ahead of him but maybe Odoi is being put off by such a mediocre keeper 😅

Apart from anything else Odoi is just too short to be central defender. I don't understand why nobody has pointed this out to him :unsure:

Art's Quiz Challange

Quite an easy one.....Only three players have finished Premier League top scorer for two different clubs. Who be they?

5 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

Apart from anything else Odoi is just too short to be central defender. I don't understand why nobody has pointed this out to him :unsure:

Art's Quiz Challange

Quite an easy one.....Only three players have finished Premier League top scorer for two different clubs. Who be they?

I’ll go for Shearer, Cole and Ferdinand