Art Vandelay

Premier League chit chat

Gotta be Wenger's last season in charge at Arsenal.

Now 8 points off top 4, another season without Champions league beckons.

You would have thought he had the brains to work out his time has passed. He was a man for a time and that time has gone. He wont seem to walk and no one seems to want to give him the elbow. Theyll pay for that In the long term I think.

I'm probably in the minority but if Alli or Sterling win a pen with a dive for England in the World Cup I won't care one jot.

I think I would. Obviously youd get caught up in the euphoria of it all but deep down I would feel that it would be tainted. I would rather lose honestly than win dishonesty.

You would have thought he had the brains to work out his time has passed. He was a man for a time and that time has gone. He wont seem to walk and no one seems to want to give him the elbow. Theyll pay for that In the long term I think.

If he wins the league cup next weekend that'll be 4 trophies in 5 seasons. These pundits are constantly wanking over the Spurs boss who has managed a couple of top 4 finishes and fuck all silverware. Never mind what Sky Sports say, what will be remembered in 50 years?

If he wins the league cup next weekend that'll be 4 trophies in 5 seasons. These pundits are constantly wanking over the Spurs boss who has managed a couple of top 4 finishes and fuck all silverware. Never mind what Sky Sports say, what will be remembered in 50 years?

After we knocked them out of the cup there was a fan ranting about Wenger saying he'd probably with the Eufa Cup or whatever it is now and buy himself another season. Sane people would probably argue that if you win a trophy you probably deserve 'another' season. Not their fuckwits though.

After we knocked them out of the cup there was a fan ranting about Wenger saying he'd probably with the Eufa Cup or whatever it is now and buy himself another season. Sane people would probably argue that if you win a trophy you probably deserve 'another' season. Not their fuckwits though.

They also described winning the FA Cup as 'papering over the cracks'. I'd love to see how they responded if they really had some hard times. Those fans are the spoilt brats of English football. They don't deserve any success. Cloughie relegated us and got an amazing send off on the very day we went down!

They also described winning the FA Cup as 'papering over the cracks'. I'd love to see how they responded if they really had some hard times. Those fans are the spoilt brats of English football. They don't deserve any success. Cloughie relegated us and got an amazing send off on the very day we went down!

Cloughie deserved it too. The likes of Leicester and Arsenal could learn summat from that.

What's the deal with players covering their mouths when they talk to each other, when and why did this become a thing?

Edited by Art Vandelay

What's the deal with players covering their mouths when they talk to each other, when and why did this become a thing?

It started in South America where a couple of TV stations hired guests to start reading what was being said on the benches and what was being said by the players.

"They employed lip readers and various methods to find out what was being said tactically by the bench to the players.

"But the players themselves over here, I think are just aping what they see on the continent. I don't think over here they are being actively advised to cover up.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/5035698/reason-players-cover-mouths-on-pitch-nathan-redmond/

Don't blame them to be honest. Every minute movement of theirs is scrutinised by everyone nowadays so they would surely end up in trouble if you could see what they were saying.

Reported today that the FA might be bringing in a February winter break for Premier League clubs. WHY???

Exactly who does this help? The best team will still win the league, the other three teams who finish top four will no doubt then have more excuses as to why they didn't win the league & the worst teams will still get relegated. England will still look the bang average team we are at major tournaments coz we won't win another one for years & it won't increase English teams chances of winning the CL coz your Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern & PSG etc are better teams. If this was also introduced throughout the EFL, it wouldn't help our chances of finishing higher in the league, same can be said of most other EFL teams too.

What angers me even more is that these players on vast sums of money every week will still get paid for doing absolutely nothing! How many of you people here would get a break from work over winter and still get paid in full???!!!!

Reported today that the FA might be bringing in a February winter break for Premier League clubs. WHY???

Exactly who does this help? The best team will still win the league, the other three teams who finish top four will no doubt then have more excuses as to why they didn't win the league & the worst teams will still get relegated. England will still look the bang average team we are at major tournaments coz we won't win another one for years & it won't increase English teams chances of winning the CL coz your Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern & PSG etc are better teams. If this was also introduced throughout the EFL, it wouldn't help our chances of finishing higher in the league, same can be said of most other EFL teams too.

What angers me even more is that these players on vast sums of money every week will still get paid for doing absolutely nothing! How many of you people here would get a break from work over winter and still get paid in full???!!!!

A winter break would be dreadful.

Especially when the cunts start flying all around the world playing money spinning friendlies.

A winter break would be dreadful.

Especially when the cunts start flying all around the world playing money spinning friendlies.

Agreed. It makes my piss boil when clubs whinge about fixture congestion and player fatigue yet then fuck off to Thailand on some money spinning pre-season tour.

"But the players themselves over here, I think are just aping what they see on the continent. I don't think over here they are being actively advised to cover up.

ThIs pisses me off and makes me laugh in equal measure when they copy something they see on the pitch from foreign nations. Its like they think poncing around looking like a continental will somehow cure them of the fact theyre utter footballing nails. Always makes me smile when they do it, lining up for a free kick. Thinking theyre whispering some clever idea when what they really mean is Im gonna bang it and hope I dont spanner it over the stand

I know. Ive kicked off in the wrong thread havent I?

Agreed. It makes my piss boil when clubs whinge about fixture congestion and player fatigue yet then fuck off to Thailand on some money spinning pre-season tour.

Absolutely! If the big clubs are so worried about player fatigue, they could also return the champions league to an elimination knockout for champions only...

West Ham supporters should think themselves lucky they aren't Forest supporters. Exactly what do they expect?

West Brom are as good as down but their fans aren't behaving so childishly.

Cashed out my acca at £86 as had no hope in Huddersfield and Swansea staying a draw. Would have paid out £330 odd if I had left it. Pretty disappointing but its beer money for a night so cant complain.

As for West Ham, theyre a nasty shitey club who deserve all the get. I would love it if they went down.

Edited by Danny

The West Ham fans feel like they've lost their identity and I can understand their anger. If these Greeks suddenly decided we were moving stadium, then moved us out to somewhere like Eastwood in a soulless bowl, miles from the pitch with a crap atmosphere and did it against the wishes of the majority of the fans then we wouldn't be happy. I heard them singing 'we're not West Ham anymore'. Hope this doesn't happen to Forest in the future.

Edited by A new man

I think one of the problems being suggested was they were told the move would herald investment for a push for Europe - which strangely enough didnt turn up.

I see old man Brooking was saying that the fans should get behind the players to keep them up. On the one hand I can see the sense in the argument but if they do that and West Ham stay, the Poundland Hugh Heffner who owns them would take that as further evidence he didnt need to stick any more loot into the club.

No point in behaving like a bunch of babies and worsening the situation though. I bet none of the fuckers looked themselves in the mirror and thought they contributed to getting drubbed at home by Burnley.

I did a thing with unibet and every time Villa win I get £8

I swear I have had about 100 quid back in winnings over the last couple of weeks and all I have ever paid out of my own money was the initial 10 quid

So much for the revolution at Southampton. There were all those articles pointing out how they were turning its ethos of decades gone by on its head - and then make Mark Hughes the manager.

I like Southampton. They should have sacked the last manager, he was awful but appointing Hughes is like saying fuck it, we give up. He might keep them up and have them treading water for a couple of years until they eventually sack him cause they think they can do better and then they'll go down.

Saints & their deluded supporters can do one, bloody idiots. I work with loads of 'em, moaning they sold their best players to the Victims while ignoring the fact they raided Celtic for their best talent. Moaning they lost their last two decent managers to Everton & the Yids. When you stop flogging off your best talent and show some serious ambition they might stay!

I'm praying they get relegated.

I read an article a couple of weeks ago about 'em. Huw Jenkins was talking about how at Swansea they had a problem with good players that stayed too long because they'd want massive wage hikes that they couldn't afford. That's the problem Southampton have so they tend to move players on. Saints got away with it a bit because of the conveyor belt of home grown talent but now that's dried up they're a bit fucked. Plus they appointed a dud manager.

My Grandad's a big fan so for him I always hope they do well.