Sign in to follow this  
Random Task

Recommend a film

Venom - Bit naff. It takes forever for Venom to even show up and then the rest of the film, all the better stuff, is squashed up and doesn't make much sense. 4/10

Bohemian Rhapsody - I enjoyed this, story-wise you could substitute any other biopic about a music star from that period and it's pretty much the same, but great music (if you like Queen of course) and a really good ending where they recreate the Live Aid '85 concert performance almost note for note, move for move. 7/10

Robin Hood (2018) - If you like super slow motion shots of people jumping while firing a bow and arrow then this film is for you! If that's not your bag i'd probably skip this. 4/10

The Girl in the Spiders Web - I read a few bad reviews of this so went in a little apprehensive but ended up quite enjoying it. It's nowhere near as good as the original (Swedish or US remake) but I found it entertaining enough. My biggest gripe with it is that there were no surprises, it was obvious what was going to happen whereas the original was full of twists and turns. This is more of an action film than the tense thriller the others were. 6/10

The Darkest Hour.

I have a bit of a problem with films that are 'historical' but can't keep things factual.  Good film but for the former reason 7/10.

Edited by Charlie Cheswick

The Ballad of Buster Scruggs.  I watched this twice because the first time it didn't make any sense.  Once you realise it's six short stories without any direct connection to each other it's pretty good.  7/10.

Calvary - A priest gets threatened with murder in 1 week during confessionals, he spends the week trying to work out what to do about it. I really enjoyed this, it's low key and interesting. The priest knows who it is that has threatened him but the viewer doesn't know and his "flock" are all very characters that you wouldn't really put it past them so it keeps you guessing. 8/10

Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindlewald - The second Fantastic Beasts film in the Harry Potter series, i really like the first one and this one was good, it's just it was clearly more setting the scene for the follow up movies (i think there are 5 in all planned). Still some good action and humour, although a bit light on the fantastic beasts... 7/10